• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is Your Status on Receiving the Covid Vaccine?

What is your present status on receiving the Covid Vaccine?

• I have completed my first and second injection

Votes: 104 42.4%
  • I have received my first and will get my second one soon

Votes: 57 23.3%
  • I have made an appointment to receive my first injection

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • I have made an appointment to receive the once only Johnson & Johnson vaccine

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • I have received my once only Johnson and Johnson Vaccine

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • I am undecided at this point

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • I am having trouble getting an appointment

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • I am presently below the minimum age

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • I refuse to get the vaccine

Votes: 15 6.1%

• Total voters
I am very happy for my older brother in Germany, he got vaccinated with AZ today. His wife has blood clotting problems and will get bioNtech in 2 weeks.
I am glad that each one can get an appropriate vaccine. Congratulations.

my second shot was yesterday. i'm so glad to have completed the two shots. my arm is sore, and i'm a little tired. going to take it easy today, but i think that i can still get some work in.

my second shot was yesterday. i'm so glad to have completed the two shots. my arm is sore, and i'm a little tired. going to take it easy today, but i think that i can still get some work in.
Your post made me wonder if everyone who has had their second shot have changed their vote to indicate it. It would be nice to know that everyone participating in this thread are done.

Your post made me wonder if everyone who has had their second shot have changed their vote to indicate it. It would be nice to know that everyone participating in this thread are done.
i admit that i didn't know that there was a vote change option that is available to everyone. my original vote was that i didn't meet the age requirement. i'll update it.

Congratulations, Helix.

Update: I’m mostly fine today. Body aches and chills are gone. Head is a tiny bit groggy but otherwise I”m good to go.

All told it was approximately half a day of symptoms from the second dose, and most of them weren’t a big deal.

I had about threes days of a headache, sore arm, and just blah feeling after my second Moderna. Back to normal and it was worth it!

I’m fully vaccinated now, with all antibodies fully kicked in. It does give me a little more of a sense of security, but I don’t quite feel bullet proof. So I still wear the mask.

I’m fully vaccinated now, with all antibodies fully kicked in. It does give me a little more of a sense of security, but I don’t quite feel bullet proof. So I still wear the mask.

Congratulations, calamity.

It's my third day after my first dose of Moderna. I have my first headache since the shot. Taking Tylenol.

Don't know if the headache is from the shot or from stress. Good chance stress. I had an appointment this morning to talk with someone my state's unemployment department. I've been waiting over a year for nine weeks of unemployment payments from when I was laid off near the beginning of the pandemic. Today I learned that all issues that they might have blamed me for have been cleared, the payments have been calculated and approved and should already have paid out, but now they have to figure out on their end why it hasn't paid out. So yay ... one step closer to seeing some very helpful money ... but STRESS.
I think it's the stress too Amelia. So sorry you're having such issues with unemployment, that's a long time to wait. I took Aleve for my headache the day after my second Moderna shot, but generally, in the past, Niacin has done well for me in relieving headaches. I haven't had any since retirement, they were all work related. Hope you feel better soon, and the Tylenol worked for you.

Glad you got your second shot. I did update my vote when I received mine.

I got my first dose of AZ this morning. Second dose is scheduled for August.
Wow, August sounds like a long time in between shots! Is that standard for AZ? My Moderna was short of a month.

It has to be beyond so many weeks from the first vaccination. So later is ok, earlier is not.

For the AZ vaccine:

“ What’s the recommended dosage?

The recommended dosage is two doses given intramuscularly (0.5ml each) with an interval of 8 to 12 weeks. ”

Best to follow that recommended schedule because thats what’s been studied-but longer is probably ok too

Back
Top Bottom