• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is your Personality Type (Myers Briggs)?

What is your personality type?

• Total voters

Neomalthusian

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
If you don't know, I encourage you to read about it and figure out what you are. There are some standardized tests but if you read enough about them you can figure yourself out.

The poll answers only allow 10 so, because there are 16, I've included the 9 most common types and "Other" encompasses the other 7, so specify if you're "other."

FYI, the poll answers are also in order from most common to least.

Lastly, in addition to your personality type, indicate something concise about your political views.

I'll start. I'm a strong INTP and my political views are described as predominantly libertarian except with environmentalistic, pro-financial regulation and pro-reproductive control leanings.

INTP. Very Liberal Economic Views. Very Libertarian Social Views.

I found a site and took a test Personality test based on C. Jung and I. Briggs Myers type theory

According to this test I turned out to be an ENTJ.

That test puts me at ENTP. What that means, exactly, I have no idea.

.....ah, the answer is here - The Sixteen Personality Types - High-Level

ENTP - The Visionary

Creative, resourceful, and intellectually quick. Good at a broad range of things. Enjoy debating issues, and may be into "one-up-manship". They get very excited about new ideas and projects, but may neglect the more routine aspects of life. Generally outspoken and assertive. They enjoy people and are stimulating company. Excellent ability to understand concepts and apply logic to find solutions.

and I'll buy that for a dollar!

That test puts me at ENTP. What that means, exactly, I have no idea.

.....ah, the answer is here - The Sixteen Personality Types - High-Level

and I'll buy that for a dollar!

Hmmm, ENTJ

ENTJ - The Executive
Assertive and outspoken - they are driven to lead. Excellent ability to understand difficult organizational problems and create solid solutions. Intelligent and well-informed, they usually excel at public speaking. They value knowledge and competence, and usually have little patience with inefficiency or disorganization.

That's fairly cool I guess.

I'm an INFJ, apparently the least common type. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. From the link above.

INFJ - The Protector

Quietly forceful, original, and sensitive. Tend to stick to things until they are done. Extremely intuitive about people, and concerned for their feelings. Well-developed value systems which they strictly adhere to. Well-respected for their perserverence in doing the right thing. Likely to be individualistic, rather than leading or following.

I am extremely libertarian about personal rights and sovereignty -- every issue. I'm something of a mish-mash on large-scale social and economic issues. Since there is no single thread of ethical logic that can be strung through those issues and arrive at anything that's even vaguely possible in reality (see communism), I tend to go with what I think is shown to work. If there is nothing that works well, I advocate trying new models rather than settling for the least crappy of the pre-established options. This puts me well outside of any describable camp. I'm a personal liberty purist, and a large-scale issue utilitarian.

wow man .... whats my type .... HUMAN ..... Can U dig it?

The test with its yes/no rigid questions positions me to ENTJ. According to the personality types link then I am too a:

ENTJ - The Executive

Assertive and outspoken - they are driven to lead. Excellent ability to understand difficult organizational problems and create solid solutions. Intelligent and well-informed, they usually excel at public speaking. They value knowledge and competence, and usually have little patience with inefficiency or disorganization.

But come on people. We have come this far! Spill in the details!

Here is me according to the initial test in percentage:

ENTJ
Extravert(1%) iNtuitive(62%) Thinking(12%) Judging(11%)

You have marginal or no preference of Extraversion over Introversion (1%)
You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

I am probably a bit more extravert though I knew I would end up with two of them by a percentage. Thinking over feeling issue (though slight) is determined from the situation/people around me, and this the test does not asks.

Now show us your percentage? Come on?

Weird. I got Legolas.

legolas-greenleaf-mobile-wallpaper.jpg

"You are Legolas. You are a loyal fighter. You stay to your word and would never backstab anybody. Your arrows hit your sworn enemy and when they do, they sting. Your friends never have to worry about you...as long as they don't cross you."

This is bull****. I'm Aragorn, damnit!

If you don't know, I encourage you to read about it and figure out what you are. There are some standardized tests but if you read enough about them you can figure yourself out.

The poll answers only allow 10 so, because there are 16, I've included the 9 most common types and "Other" encompasses the other 7, so specify if you're "other."

FYI, the poll answers are also in order from most common to least.

Lastly, in addition to your personality type, indicate something concise about your political views.

I'll start. I'm a strong INTP and my political views are described as predominantly libertarian except with environmentalistic, pro-financial regulation and pro-reproductive control leanings.

I have no idea and I'm not really interested in knowing. I find the idea that you can describe someone's personality with a 4-letter code, and that everyone will fit into one of those categories ridiculous.

These sorts of tests are useless, they're like horoscopes, vague generalities that can be applied to most people. Apparently I'm an INTP. :shrug:

INTP
Introvert(89%) iNtuitive(25%) Thinking(50%) Perceiving(44)%

• You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)
  • You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (44%)

INTJ for me.

If I could describe my political views, I would say that they derive from my sense of right and wrong rather than my need to adopt an ideology. I usually end up feeling like the little kid who notices the Emperor is naked any time I discuss anything with a person who identifies themself in terms of ideology, so I tend to avoid any sort of self-applied label.

Perhaps I am just a Marxist (Groucho) at heart in that I would never join any group that would have me for a member.

INTJ - The Scientist

Independent, original, analytical, and determined. Have an exceptional ability to turn theories into solid plans of action. Highly value knowledge, competence, and structure. Driven to derive meaning from their visions. Long-range thinkers. Have very high standards for their performance, and the performance of others. Natural leaders, but will follow if they trust existing leaders.

INTJ
Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(62%) Thinking(38%) Judging(33%)

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

As for politics, the site said I shared a personality type with Augustus Caesar. That sounds about right, so long as I'm Caesar...;)

Last edited:
ESTJ

Extravert(1%) Sensing(38%) Thinking(25%) Judging(78%)

You have marginal or no preference of Extraversion over Introversion (1%)
You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (38%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (78%)

I took a test. ISTJ seems legit enough.

Quasi-fascism

Weird. I got Legolas.

legolas-greenleaf-mobile-wallpaper.jpg

"You are Legolas. You are a loyal fighter. You stay to your word and would never backstab anybody. Your arrows hit your sworn enemy and when they do, they sting. Your friends never have to worry about you...as long as they don't cross you."

This is bull****. I'm Aragorn, damnit!

2544_1266.jpg

You Scored as Gandalf

You are Gandalf! This wise, old mage is loyal and brave. He is known for his counsel and advice to his friends and allies during tough times. "All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you."

This is just as accurate as the Myers-Briggs.

I tried this and it came back that I didn't have one ... sigh ...

social democratic, annoying but aiming to be respectful at the same time, insufferable know-it all, big history and political science fan (especially interbellum/2nd world war, modern US politics and ancient Egypt), big NFL fantasy football fan and Ajacied for life (fan of Ajax soccer club)

INTJ
Introvert(33%) iNtuitive(12%) Thinking(38%) Judging(44%)
•You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
•You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
•You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
•You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

Back
Top Bottom