• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is your personal philosophy?

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I was discussing this with friends at work today.

Mine is "life is a turd, polish that turd to the best of your ability" In other words, life's natural state sucks, but you can make it good.

one friend's was "do good works and good things will happen to you"

another's was "sometimes you are the windshield, but sometimes you are the bug"

What's yours?

Buy low, sell high

Humans are all stupid, but with the capacity for greatness.

In all things, love, duty and devotion in equal measure.

Always be pessimistic; that way you can never be disappointed, only pleasantly surprised. ;)

Everyone MUST DIE!!!

My philosophy used to be "Life's a bitch, and then you die".
Now it's "Life's a bitch, but I like it anyway". ;)

My philosophy used to be "Life's a bitch, and then you die".
Now it's "Life's a bitch, but I like it anyway". ;)

LOL, that's pretty close to mine.

I have many, as I don't like broad and vague, it's always too ... broad and vague. Here are some of my favs. Never "why," always "whys"... ie only followed the course with many coherent answers to "why?" or it's not wise. Whoever is maddest longest is the loser.... Because it means they are continuing to waste time and energy focusing on the "winner" (This one has successfully saved both myself and my son from our terrible, terrible tempers.) Answer to kids saying, "I don't love you anymore!" as all kids do... "Yeah, I know but you don't love me anyless either." You're only truly superior if you handle your supposed superiority with kindness and humor. Never take meds to make yourself more acceptable to others, only if it will make you more acceptable to yourself.

My philosophy used to be "Life's a bitch, and then you die". Now it's "Life's a bitch, but I like it anyway". ;)
You mean, Beautiful Intelligent Talented Clever Honest. See I just don't see a problem with being a BITCH, I'm a proud card carrying member.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw parties.

Don't eat crackers in bed because you wake up feeling crummy.

The meaning of life is to search the meaning of life. ;)

Do, or do not. There is no try.

If you are minding your own business, you don't have time to be minding mine.

Always be pessimistic; that way you can never be disappointed, only pleasantly surprised. ;)

I've always liked that. Mine was worded a little differently, but with basically the same outcome -- "Aim low. That way, you'll always reach your goals." :D

I pity the fool. Yes, I stole that from Mr. T.

Live every moment, Laugh everyday, Love beyond words

The secret to life is always having something to look forward to.

I was discussing this with friends at work today.

Mine is "life is a turd, polish that turd to the best of your ability" In other words, life's natural state sucks, but you can make it good.

one friend's was "do good works and good things will happen to you"

another's was "sometimes you are the windshield, but sometimes you are the bug"

What's yours?

Nothing is beyond the realm of reason.

Back
Top Bottom