• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is your opinion the 60 minutes interview with Anderson copper and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?

Middlegroundguy

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
What is your opinion of the 60 minutes interview with Anderson copper and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?

What is your opinion of the 60 minutes interview with Anderson copper and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?

I only listen the Pat Bucannon. Anyone else is either worthless or doesn’t have the experience needed to have an informed opinion.

She’s unrealistically idealist. And using the term “tippy-tip” struck me as a might childish.

People identify with politicians that they feel reflect themselves. So it’s reasonable that middle-aged to elderly cantankerous, crochety caucasian people that lack fiber in their diets are not gonna like her.

She's a very nice and congenial person that comes across to me as a naive and idealistic young person that has no actual cognitive skills related to the understanding of macro-economics, forms of government, or our Constitutionally protected rights or freedom.

I only saw bits of it on other "news" shows. It would be helpful to link to a transcript or, better yet, quote from one the specific bits that you find most worthy of discussion. Welcome aboard.

People identify with politicians that they feel reflect themselves. So it’s reasonable that middle-aged to elderly cantankerous, crochety caucasian people that lack fiber in their diets are not gonna like her.

Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden are not gonna like her?

She’s unrealistically idealist. And using the term “tippy-tip” struck me as a might childish.

It is important when talking about raising tax rates close to 100% that you make sure most folks understand that you are not talking about ever raising their taxes only giving them a "fair share" of other folks money. What she will not say, of course, is how much revenue that tax plan would allegedly generate or how much more she wants to spend. Those pesky facts just might get in the way of her plans.

Didn't watch it.

My opinion of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is that she's the type of person we need in politics, and in power.

Didn't watch it.

My opinion of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is that she's the type of person we need in politics, and in power.

Yep, now that she has been inaugurated she can sign many bills just like Lincoln and FDR did.

I like AOC so far. Not because I agree with her. I adamantly disagree with her. I like her honesty. She is a person a real debate can be had with. I want less of her ideological beliefs but more of her integrity in our representatives.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

she's really pretty naive at this point of her career.

She isnt childish. She is a venomous snake. She deserves respect.

and clueless people with not much going for them will?

She's a very nice and congenial person that comes across to me as a naive and idealistic young person that has no actual cognitive skills related to the understanding of macro-economics, forms of government, or our Constitutionally protected rights or freedom.
Imho your underestimating her

My opinion: Trumpsters make her the face of the Democrat party. Dems, you better not let that happen.

She isnt childish. She is a venomous snake. She deserves respect.

Despite the fact that she represents the district I used to live in I don’t know much about her personality. What makes you say that? The mere fact that she won an election or something else?

I similarly thought it kinda tactless that she decided to mansplain progressive taxes to Anderson Cooper.

she's really pretty naive at this point of her career.

It's a bit scary to see her as having a career position. Districts safe from other party competition can (and have) produced some very odd career politicians.

I only listen the Pat Bucannon. Anyone else is either worthless or doesn’t have the experience needed to have an informed opinion.
Says a "very conservative" who can't even spell his favorite's name. Why is that not surprising?

Despite the fact that she represents the district I used to live in I don’t know much about her personality. What makes you say that? The mere fact that she won an election or something else?

I similarly thought it kinda tactless that she decided to mansplain progressive taxes to Anderson Cooper.
I think her ideas are poisonous and her conviction about them sincere.

She may be a very nice person but I have profound disagreements with her positions. I dont write her off as insincere and pandering votes. She comes across as honest and she echoes the same stuff the liberal media is invested in.

She is not somebody to underestimate.

Not a bad assessment. Time and experience can possibly remedy that.

I think she is highly overrated. She defeated a Democrat in a primary in one of the most liberal congressional districts in the country. If a super conservative Republican defeated a conservative Republican in a rural southern district, would anyone find that particularly impressive?

All this adoration AOC is getting is kind of a slap in the face to all the women that won in November in really competitive districts.

Back
Top Bottom