• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What is your most valued physical possession?

Busta

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
What is your most valued physical possession?
The question refers to an actual item you own and not intangible things such as a relationship, love or an ideal. Likewise, children and other family or friends do not count (even if you did purchased them on E-bay).

My most valued possession are my Oakley sun glasses.
My eyes have always been very sensitive to light and cheaper sunglasses never provided sufficient protection. Whenever I'm in the sun or snow w/o good sunglasses on I have to keep my eyes closed most of the time or I get migraines.
It took me along time to find a pair with an orange tint (for driving and detail) and a mirror finish (so that I can look at people w/o them knowing).
I've learned the hard way that when you put $140.00 into something so delicate, you really must be careful (especially with 2 boys in the house).

id have to say its either of the two big purchases i made this year: my Rolex Submariner or my 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi with all the goodies ive put on it. fun toys haha.

Does Debate Politics domain name count?

This domain name is the most valued possession for me.

I don't look at it like I "own" this forum, you guys do. But, the reason it is my most valued possession is because of what you guys have created. I enjoy it, it is fulfilling, and intellectually stimulating.

What more could one ask for?

vauge said:
Does Debate Politics domain name count?

This domain name is the most valued possession for me.

I don't look at it like I "own" this forum, you guys do. But, the reason it is my most valued possession is because of what you guys have created. I enjoy it, it is fulfilling, and intellectually stimulating.

What more could one ask for?

A sexual romp with Jennifer Love Hewitt?

My scrawny, yeller dog.

While he's not the most valuable thing I own, he's the most valued thing I own.

galenrox said:
I'd have to say my old guitar, it's a shitty epiphone les paul from like '01, and I've put it through hell so the things falling apart, but I love it anyways!

A painting a friend gave me for one of my birthdays. He made it himself. Its just a series of green and black strecks covering the entire canvas. We were all strung out on drugs one night and I crashed at his place. I looked up at the painting on the wall and said, "That painting looks like you." He looked at me and responded, "It's the drugs, go back to sleep."

He gave it to me for my next birthday and to this day, it is only one of two things I have on my bedroom walls. (The other is a gold plated Doors album, their first one).

The most valued possession would have to be one's physical health; for without it, nothing else is worth having.

My wrestling media library. Don't laugh, I have some amazing stuff. I have almost all the ECW ppvs, the tna ppvs, a ton of awa stuff, some smoky valley wrestling tapes, RoH (almost all the shows that have been released). It provides me with so much entertainment...and I have a ton of mma stuff there too.

ShamMol said:
My wrestling media library. Don't laugh, I have some amazing stuff. I have almost all the ECW ppvs, the tna ppvs, a ton of awa stuff, some smoky valley wrestling tapes, RoH (almost all the shows that have been released). It provides me with so much entertainment...and I have a ton of mma stuff there too.

Do you have a tape of when the Ultimate Warier was put into a coffin and suffered brain damage?

You mean WWF? I can try and find it, but I know for a fact that it is coming out soon in a DVD format.

You a warrior fan?

I was, back in the day. I think I was @ 7. Me and my friends had allot of W.W.F. toys.
Thous toys took a back seet when I got a Lego set for Chistmas. Then there was the Bionic 6 and the premear of Ninja Turtles.

Ah, see, I don't watch wrestling for pure entertainment as it was meant for in the WWF of those days. I watch like old school NWA with the classic promos, the great matches, anything Ric Flair...woooo. I like wrestling for the wrestling, that is why I don't really watch the WWE anymore (except when I know there is going to be a great match).

ShamMol said:

I spent 4 years as a pro-wrestler under my screen name(seeing red...get it?)

I wreslted for the Tri-State Wrestling Alliance based here in Philly under a promoter named Joel Goodhart. I was one of the first guys he got, so I ended up being a "trainer" for the newer guys. I trained the Sandman(not proud of it...he sucks as a wrestler and he is a bigtime prick...24/7...usually the "bad guys", like me, are good guys in real life...Sandman is the exception)

I quit because Joel was an ass and I went to work for "Pretty-Boy" Larry Sharpe and the "Monster Factory" in Jersey. They were worse.

By then, a guy named Todd Gordon picked up the ashes of the now-defunct TWA and created the original ECW(East Coast Wrestling) and he said his first goal was to get me back(flattering!). That worked for about 5 months. I finally decided that there was too much politics in wrestling and gave up(at the ripe old age of 22-In 1992...I started when I was 18).

I went out and got a degree and have been into computers for 12 years.

There is NOTHING better than being in the wrestling ring...there is NOTHING worse than everything that goes on outside of it.

Believe me...THAT is a bastard occupation.

I was in the top 500(OK, I was 459 & 456) in Pro Wrestling Illustrated in 1991 & 1992.

http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/pwi/pwi50091.htm

http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/pwi/pwi50092.htm

Up three spots in one year!...I would've made the top ten by the time I was 150!

That's pretty cool. You probably don't get lip from anyone around the office with out a death wish.

So what is your most valued possession?
Or was a fling with Jennifer it?

I have a shameful secret as well...I am Goldberg's second cousin...yeah. I don't like throwing that around either. But what solace you can take is that Sandman served his purpose once he found it. He helped out a promotion in a way he couldn't have as a legitmate wrestler who could, let's face it, wrestle.

Let me say, it is so cool that you were ranked, you have no idea. I love it. I actually have taken a few classes at UPW under an alias so not to associate my parents who feel it is shameful (whatever) and loved it. The athleticism, the pain (lots of it) and the practice were such a blast.

I know that if I ever were to get into the sport, I would just work at PWG and UPW and continue on in law so that I could have something to fall back on. There are a few other little shows around here that have some traction, but just don't get noticed by RoH (which I am too tall for), the E and TNA. But, a dream, a fantasy...

I actually have heard of the Tri-State Wrestling Alliance. Just upped the wow points in my category.

What type of wrestling do you watch now if any? I mean, have you checked out RoH or PWG or any of the small indies that are out there, or have you just checked out of caring for the sport? Would love to know your thoughts, cause I love just talking to wrestlers and getting their opinions (I used to work for 411mania and lordsofpain getting interviews).

ShamMol said:
I actually have heard of the Tri-State Wrestling Alliance. Just upped the wow points in my category.

What type of wrestling do you watch now if any? I mean, have you checked out RoH or PWG or any of the small indies that are out there, or have you just checked out of caring for the sport? Would love to know your thoughts, cause I love just talking to wrestlers and getting their opinions (I used to work for 411mania and lordsofpain getting interviews).

I don't watch wrestling now or have anything to do with it.

Remember the scene in "goodfellas" where Sorvino hands Liotta something like $2200 and then says "Now I gotta turn my back on you."?

That's the way I feel about wrestling...It was great when it lasted...trying to do it again wouldn't be the same...There is SO much turmoil and chaos in the "locker room". The memories in the ring may be my most prized possession. But with the crap that goes on backstage, I don't know if I would've done it knowing what I know now.

And keep this in mind...This was back in the day when we were going "old school". No "Doink the Clown" or "Red Rooster" bullshit. A punch meant that you punched the motherf'er, and you don't put your hands up to block a chair...That's being a sissy. I've never bled "on purpose"...but I've bled more than an average person does in a lifetime.

And it was never about money...David Sammartino(Bruno's alleged son...don't know if that was real) once told me that wrestling was a business and he couldn't care less about the fans, and I was offended. I never saw it that way. The reaction from the fans(and being a "heel" I KNOW if the fans hated me, I was doing a good job), was all that was needed...The fans getting out their frustration from the "weekly grind" was my objective. They wanted someone to "vent" their stress, and I was more than happy to oblige. The same fans that wanted me dead during a match were the same fans who bought me drinks at the local hotel three hours later. THAT was all the payment I ever needed.

Now I know too much...If you and I were in the same room watching the same match, you may be excited with the ring action while I'm watching the ref interact with the wrestlers to see if he has "control" of the match...I just can't get into the storylines anymore. Let's be honest...That is what makes wrestling what it is...an "athletic soap opera" is what I've always called it.

When it comes to wrestling, it's apparent that I've lost my "innocence". There is no more "child" in me that gets taken away from reality for a few hours.

I was a fan for about 10 years before I became a wrestler...sometimes I wish I would've just stayed a fan.

I know I sound a little bitter, and I'm more than happy to admit that I am...

But THIS may be my most prized possesion...a memory...This was about 13 years ago...

I'm on the "El"(elevated railway) heading to downtown Philly...

As I'm sitting there in my suit heading to a bank, a guy comes onto the traincar and absolutely FREAKS when he sees me. He's jumping up and down saying he's my biggest fan and he doesn't believe he's meeting me in person.
He practically gets down on his knees and begs me for a personalized autograph in front of all of the people in the car.(I'll never forget the name..."Earl"). It sounds like a Mastercard commercial...

My autograph's worth...MAYBE a penny.
My feelings when I wrote my autograph....f'in priceless.

I don't think I'm going to top that for the rest of my life...It's all downhill from here.

Since cnredd's isn't physical,

Morning of June the 8th, 2000. My 11 year old son, Matthew, was eating corn flakes at the kitchen table. I tossled his blonde hair and said "I love you bud". He looked at me with his blue eyes and said "I love you dad." That is the last we ever spoke. He was struck by lightning that afternoon. I believe he now watches me from above. I can lie no more. So if you question me on this site, I tend to take it personaly.

My most valued physical possession? Hmmmmmmmm... I have two :smile:

thehouse.jpg

My home in the United States

rapoolj.jpg

My home in Tel Aviv

where is your property here in the states?

One is born naked into this world and spends the better part of life in pursuit of worldly things, only to leave it sans everything.

FiremanRyan said:
where is your property here in the states?
FiremanRyan... My home in the US is located in Du Page County, Illinois.

Teacher.... my sincere condolences on your tragic personal loss :(

Tashah and galenrox,

Thank you. I'd like to say I was this crazy even before Matthews' death. Now I trully know what is important in this life. Winning a political argument is not one of them. This was a very depressing and self rightiuos site before I came along (excluding you of course galenrox) and I hope I help lighten the mood somewhat. You CAN make a point and have some fun too. Now it seems a little funner. The degree of hatred spewed at me by some makes it all the more histerical. You can make a political point and have fun at the same time.

And now for something compleatly differant.

As stated I am looking for qualified personal to help me lead my monkey army.

To Tashah: Given your huge highly educated brain a teaching posistion might be in order. The physics of feces hurling for instance. Patience is needed, these are monkeys after all.

To galenrox: I'm thinking you could run a Banana wine kiosk just off base. And maybe in USO fashion entertain my troops time to time with some swell rock music. ("George of the Jungle") comes to mind for one.

Sorry, forgot to hit spell check. My brain is massive not enormous after all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom