• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is your most disliked ideology?

Honestly, were do you get these ideas from? Some meta-Marxist professors going through acrobatic contortions to save reputation of their own non-entirely-unrelated dogma?

The vast majority of deaths under Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot et al. were not a "side effect" of anything, but a systematic, intentional extermination of the imaginary "enemy classes" and all and any opposition - present, suspected or theoretically possible. By the unprecedented punitive apparatus of the totalitarian states that was created and supported for that very purpose. The millions that were executed, massacred, "disappeared", worked to death in the Gulag were not victims of some economic mismanagement. They were murdered. Period.

Okay, I concede that. I still stand that Nazis were worse. Communist have had decades to carry out their atrocities. Nazis had 12 years, and look at the disgusting feats they succeeded in. They were going to vindicate the entire Slavic population for their Lebenstraum. Given time, they would have been infinitely worse than any Communist regime has been.

Okay, I concede that. I still stand that Nazis were worse. Communist have had decades to carry out their atrocities. Nazis had 12 years, and look at the disgusting feats they succeeded in. They were going to vindicate the entire Slavic population for their Lebenstraum. Given time, they would have been infinitely worse than any Communist regime has been.

Vindicate? To show or prove to be right? I think you mean exterminate, don't you?

And I think you meant Lebensraum (living space), and not Lebenstraum (life's dream).

Sorry for the pedantry, but not much.

Vindicate? To show or prove to be right? I think you mean exterminate, don't you?

And I think you meant Lebensraum (living space), and not Lebenstraum (life's dream).

Sorry for the pedantry, but not much.

We yes, correct of terms. That is what I meant.

'"Infinitely worse" than, say, the Khmer Rouge? - how is that physically possible? You think they would simply kill everyone, and then commit suicide?

But of course, this is like arguing which plague is worse - bubonic or pneumonic. The question was about the one most disliked ideology - so I had to choose.

"Social justice" activists. Common courtesy and human decency are good things, but there's a limit to how sensitive a decent human being needs to be before the people getting offended are just too thin-skinned.

Fascists and Nazis are the only time I support violent opposition.

Agreed. There in no exit with Nazis -- their ideology means the end of civilization.

I would end the Taliban as a similar kind of anti-modernist ideology that can only be violently overthrown or it would destroy civilization.

But I class ideologies not so much right and left, but modernist anti-modernist.

In this regard, the tea party/religious Right falls on the anti-modernist side, but they are too old and inept to pose a real threat. They're like a parody of the Nazis and Taliban, using lawnchairs.

Or, what is your antithesis? An ideology that you dislike the most.

Me? Nazism.

I in general cannot hate people for their ideas, while I hate communism, I cannot hate communist as I see the appeal it has to some. As with anything, there are always some people that are great people that fit into an ideology. Not everyone is evil that fits into that ideology. I do not hold it against them when they express what they are, and I am willing to have rational debate with any also willing. I appreciate ideas and feel they must be expressed no matter what, as any and all can contribute.

There is one, and only one, exception to the philosophy I hold. Nazis. I so fervently HATE Nazis it is hard to express through simple block text. One may use the word hate as an exaggeration or hyperbole to emphasise; but this is one of the minimal instances where I can use the word with absolute seriousness. I HATE Nazis.

So, I have shared mine, what is yours?

In my world, it would be the religious right.

I don't really hate other ideologies, but I do hate people that are so married to their ideologies that they ignore all reason to support them.

Back
Top Bottom