• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What Is Your Favorite Love Song?

Arts&Sciences

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Among songs that are exclusively about love and romance, what is your favorite? Without question mine is Heart's "Alone". At least from my own male perspective, no greater love song has been written.

OOPS MISREAD THE THREAD TITLE!

EDIT: To make this correct for the thread:

No clue, I don't listen to many love songs. But I I had to pick on out of those that I have heard I would choose "One Wish" by (I think) Franky J.

Last edited:
Actually, most songs that I listen to are love songs. For those who are accustomed to more edgy music, I recommend power ballads as a good starting point for becoming interested in love songs. Heart's "Alone" and Firehouse's "Love of a Lifetime" are good examples.

I think I'd have to go with "Till There Was You," written by Wilson, as recorded by the Beatles.

With the demographics on the Internet slanted towards young males, I don't know that this thread will be very popular. I could be wrong though, since I listen to little else most days (I'm 20 and male).

I don't think that I would like a love song that I associated with a "phantom". :smile:

Al Green -- "Let's Stay Together"
Sam Cooke-- "Falling in Love"

Down With The Sickness...:2wave:

I also like Eric Clapton's "Layla" and Phil Collins' cover of "I Can't Stop Loving You".

cnredd said:
Down With The Sickness...:2wave:

I suppose you think Dawn of the Dead is the greatest love flic since Gone with the Wind.:lol:

curt said:
I suppose you think Dawn of the Dead is the greatest love flic since Gone with the Wind.:lol:
My wedding song will be "Torn Between Two Lovers"...:2wave:

The best love song of the 1960's, in my opinion, was Chad and Jeremy's "A Summer Song".

Whitney Houston - I will always love you

No but seriously.....

More More More (How Do You Like It) - Andrea True Connection :mrgreen:

No really serious this time

A House Is Not a Home - Luther Vandross
I Will Always Love You - Dolly Patron (vauge!)
Save Me - kd lang

Hey also does anybody remember that British pop singer from the early 90's, Cathy Dennis? I think she had several good love songs back in her day. Now she writes songs for other artists. But I think she was one of the most talented female artists of the 90's.

More - cause I just can't stop....

Etta James - The Man I Love
Liza Minelli - Maybe This Time
Judy Garland - The Man That Got Away
Stevie Wonder - Overjoyed
Prince - Adore
Somewhere - Tom Waits (yes, the West Side Story Somewhere - it requires an especially gracious ear, lol)

In Your Eyes-Peter Gabriel
Broken Hearted Savior-Big Head Todd & the Monsters
Warning Sign-Cold Play
I'll Be-Edwin McCain
Possession-Sarah McLachan
Beautiful-Gordon Lightfoot
A Night to Remember-Bryan Adams

*sigh* now I'm horny.....:(

Used To Love Her-Guns-N-Roses
Only Women Bleed-Alice Cooper
Down With the Sickness-Disturbed
More Than Words-Extreme