• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What Is Your Favorite Love Song?

GySgt said:
What a gay thread.

Takes one to know one.:mrgreen:

Come on, I know you have a favorite love song. Probably some sappy Bread tune, or somethin'.

Baby I'm A-Want You, right?

Or is it I Wanna Make It With You?

mixedmedia said:
Takes one to know one.:mrgreen:

Come on, I know you have a favorite love song. Probably some sappy Bread tune, or somethin'.

Baby I'm A-Want You, right?

Or is it I Wanna Make It With You?

"**** the Police" - NWA

GySgt said:
"**** the Police" - NWA

:rofl
Oooohhhhh, now that one gets my knees a-knockin'. I knew deep down you were the sentimental type.

GySgt said:
What a gay thread.

"Bend over Sgt. and pull down your pants! Remember, 'Don't ask and don't tell!'"

jallman said:
I believe mine would have to be Story of Your Bones by Jennifer Nettles. It is poetic and her voice can really take you places. Second choice would be Eva Cassidy's I Know You By Heart.

Who's Jennifer Nettles? Must be country pop. But it HAS to be 'music for norms'.

haha!

The store where I work has its own corporate radio and it has been playing this song that I instantly fell in love with. Finally, with the help of a friend, I found it and downloaded it. Ben Harper's Gold to Me:
Gold To Me"

You look like gold to me
and I'm not too blind to see
you look like gold

you make me wanna sing
with all the joy you bring
you look like gold

like the rays down from the sun
when a new day has just begun
you look like gold

I've been fooled before
but now I know
I've made the mistake in the past
but now I know the difference
from gold and brass

not the kind of gold you wear
but the kind that can feel my care
you look like gold

some shine when the day is new
but fade when the day is through
but you look like gold

I've been wrong before
but now I know
I've made mistakes in the past
but now I know the difference
from gold and brass

you look like gold to me
and I'm down on bending knees
you look like gold
and I just want you to know
to me you mean so much more
than all the gold
you look like gold

sissy-boy said:

Are you gay? I don't want to intrude, but you've had me wondering for a while.

Bwahahahaha! Whatever you need to fantasize to fullfill your needs. Just don't bring it my way. I like the ladies. My ex-wife will concur.

GySgt said:
Bwahahahaha! Whatever you need to fantasize to fullfill your needs. Just don't bring it my way. I like the ladies. My ex-wife will concur.

For all we know, she's your ex because she found out you were gay. :shock:

Kidding, GySgt. ;)

GySgt said:

Hello all, ex-Mrs. GySgt here. Yes, G-Sarge likes the ladies, allright. Just not me. :(

Sorry, GySgt, in advance for my impetuousness. I am likely to regret it. ........Please don't make me regret it.

I do have something substantial to contribute to the thread:

Black Coffee in Bed - Squeeze
If I Was Your Girlfriend - Prince (drool......anybody remember this song?)

aps said:
For all we know, she's your ex because she found out you were gay. :shock:

Kidding, GySgt. ;)

How dare you talk to my ex behind my back!!

Nah, she cheated on me. I gave up after the fourth time, which was during my second deployment to Iraq, which produced a baby. I'm a Marine statistic.

mixedmedia said:
Hello all, ex-Mrs. GySgt here. Yes, G-Sarge likes the ladies, allright. Just not me. :(

Sorry, GySgt, in advance for my impetuousness. I am likely to regret it. ........Please don't make me regret it.

I do have something substantial to contribute to the thread:

Black Coffee in Bed - Squeeze
If I Was Your Girlfriend - Prince (drool......anybody remember this song?)

You're one of the intelligent liberals. A true threat. You're alright.

GySgt said:
How dare you talk to my ex behind my back!!

But....but....but.....I wanted to find out what you were like..... ;)

Nah, she cheated on me. I gave up after the fourth time, which was during my second deployment to Iraq, which produced a baby. I'm a Marine statistic.

Oh, that stinks. I am sorry to hear that. Good for you for standing up for yourself. I am guessing her inability to be faithful is a reflection of her and not of you and your gay tendencies. (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist LOL)

:2wave:

BWG said:
Songbird by Christine McVie (Fleetwood Mac)

alphieb
'Strawberry Wine' by Deana Carter

sissy-boy
There was a band called 13th Floor Elevators in the Texas gulf coast area in the '60s. I wonder if they're the same?

At that time the top 3 'club' bands were

13th Floor Elevators
Moving Sidewalks
Fever Tree

Do you know who the guitarist for the Moving Sidewalks was?

Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top, just in case)
I was just reading through this thread and about to post my favorite love song and you go and post the artist....

13th Floor Elevators (aka Roky Erikson)
I Had To Tell You
I can hear your voice
Echoing my voice softly
I can feel your strength
Reinforcing mine
If you fear I'll lose my spirit
Like some drunkard's wasted wine
Don't you even think about it
I'm feeling fine.

GySgt said:
You're one of the intelligent liberals. A true threat. You're alright.

Okay, I'm just gonna ask. Are you being nice to me?

I keep making an ass out of myself. I thought NavyPride was being nice when he was being a smart ass. I thought teacher was being a smart ass when he was being, well, horny, lol. But at least he was nice about it.

Based on your answer I will formulate a response...

you want a piece of this :3oops:

or this :mad:

you definitely don't want this :boohoo:

GySgt said:

JEEZ! Don't have a cow man! If someone asks you if your gay it doesn't mean that they're hitting on you, christ!

I asked because of your language and mannerisms which seem kind of effeminate. You're also in the military and hell, we ALL know what those guys do in those cozy 'trenches'..haha!!

You're also in the military and hell, we ALL know what those guys do in those cozy 'trenches'..haha!!
Get trench-foot?

Mean Mistreater by Grand Funk Railroad

Back
Top Bottom