• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Is You Take On Glenn Beck?

Bonnie Franklin

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
What do you think about Glenn Beck and where he says our country is heading?

It is like you are in my head lately. Can you help me with my Spanish quiz tomorrow then?

Sorry my lad, although I possess the powers of Clairvoyance, I also failed Spanish in England at a whopping 4.5% on the final exam. But hey, at least the teacher bumped me up to 5% out of mercy :2razz:

Sorry my lad, although I possess the powers of Clairvoyance, I also failed Spanish in England at a whopping 4.5% on the final exam. But hey, at least the teacher bumped me up to 5% out of mercy :2razz:

That was English Spanish, he wants help with American Spanish.

It is like you are in my head lately. Can you help me with my Spanish quiz tomorrow then?

If you really wish to impress your teacher, just call them a pinche cabron.

THey will be most impressed.

That was English Spanish, he wants help with American Spanish.

Truth they are different. Ours is more overly complicated and has a hatred to the English Spanish and they failed spellings of the word color.

If you really wish to impress your teacher, just call them a pinche cabron.

THey will be most impressed.

Even as an insult she probably would still like me. I erased an answer because I thought it was wrong and I just had to choose do to 5 of 6. Well it ended up it was right and she could read just enough of it to give me full credit.

What do you think about Glenn Beck

He seems alright. I like his radio show much more than his TV show. I find his radio show to much more humorous and informative while the TV show is doom and gloom and informative.

and where he says our country is heading?

He could be right or somewhat right or completely wrong.

I think he is an interesting person. I think that his method of connecting-the-dots is rather pitiful, and exploitive of a rather good craft of intellectual history research. There is very little humility at the same time there are constant examples of Beck not being trained enough to deal with political intellectual history. On some level it is entertainment, and on the other, it is meant to be something that would be said by your local preacher on a Sunday morning or afternoon. That being said, in many cases of exaggeration, there is always some small nugget of truth. That is why the general thesis that "America is going downhill" resonates with many people. Unlike liberals (or, in Beck's case, Progressives), the interpretation of America going downhill requires less government, rather than more. In one form or another, much of the American public believes for whatever reason or group or reasons, America is going downhill. Beck is merely an example of one perspective. The doctrine of American Exceptionalism points to the idea that if America falters from its vision or mission, it will be punished harsher than other nations, perhaps by God Himself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom