• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What is Wrong With Our Universities

Kelzie said:
I don't care what the point was. Make it without insulting other forum members.

Listen carefully: That.......was.......not......an.......insult.

alphamale said:
Listen carefully: That.......was.......not......an.......insult.

Listen carefully: Yes...it....was. Deal with it. If you don't like our rules, you are free to leave.

Kelzie said:
Listen carefully: Yes...it....was. Deal with it. If you don't like our rules, you are free to leave.

No....it...wasn't....and....I...know.....your....rules.

alphamale said:

Really? Great. Then you know it's the mods call and I, as a mod, say it was as insult. Don't do it again.

Kelzie said:
Really? Great. Then you know it's the mods call and I, as a mod, say it was as insult. Don't do it again.

There's no "doing it again", because I didn't "do" it. You refuse to accept my explanation or refute it - so I have no way of telling what your definition of an insult is. Apparently, you just want to silence me for my unpopular views.

alphamale said:
There's no "doing it again", because I didn't "do" it. You refuse to accept my explanation or refute it - so I have no way of telling what your definition of an insult is. Apparently, you just want to silence me for my unpopular views.

It's pretty simple. If it's insulting, it's an insult. You can't explain it away. When you post this:

I know one thing about your "sophisticated" brain :)lol: ) - if you're asian and for "diversity", you're a masochist.

about an Asian that is for diversity it is insulting. This is non-negotiable. You are not only calling them masochists, but you are also questioning their intelligence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale

It's pretty simple. If it's insulting, it's an insult. You can't explain it away. When you post this:

Quote:
I know one thing about your "sophisticated" brain ( ) - if you're asian and for "diversity", you're a masochist.

about an Asian that is for diversity it is insulting. This is non-negotiable. You are not only calling them masochists, but you are also questioning their intelligence.

What do you think the word "if" means? What would you call a person who upholds and advocates policies that harm them personally? You give me a better word, and I'll use it.

alphamale said:
What do you think the word "if" means? What would you call a person who upholds and advocates policies that harm them personally? You give me a better word, and I'll use it.

This isn't that complicated. Don't do it.

alphamale said:
Couldn't think up an alternate word, eh? :mrgreen: My point is proved.

There's no point. You're close to taking a vacation as it is. Insult another member again and you might have some more free time on your hands.

I think that you are really really close to proving your point Alphamale...what you should do now, is be more assertive...Tell Kelzie how it is bro...don't let her push you around! Haha... :lol:

BodiSatva said:
I think that you are really really close to proving your point Alphamale...what you should do now, is be more assertive...Tell Kelzie how it is bro...don't let her push you around! Haha... :lol:

Rational persons will have understood my point about five posts back. She is making threats because she doesn't agree with my viewpoints.

alphamale said:
Rational persons will have understood my point about five posts back. She is making threats because she doesn't agree with my viewpoints.

It's not a threat. I already warned you. You are aware Bodi was being sarcastic aren't you?

Well, my reply to that is (burrRRrrRRRrrrRRRRPPP!) 'scuse me! :mrgreen: (farrrt!) ooops! :lol:

alphamale said:
Well, my reply to that is (burrRRrrRRRrrrRRRRPPP!) 'scuse me! :mrgreen: (farrrt!) ooops! :lol:
Moderator's Warning:

This is not a disagreement over viewpoints. This is about respecting your fellow posters and moderators. Sentences like "I know one thing about your 'sophisticated' brain" do not belong in the realm of civilized debate and will not be tolerated. Let's get back on topic.

shuamort said:
Moderator's Warning:

This is not a disagreement over viewpoints. This is about respecting your fellow posters and moderators. Sentences like "I know one thing about your 'sophisticated' brain" do not belong in the realm of civilized debate and will not be tolerated. Let's get back on topic.

This started because I used perhaps a little too intense language to describe the self contradiction in an asian being a liberal, asians being the biggest victims of the liberal policy of "affirmative action". Kelzie then jumped in, seeing an opportunity for her continuing jihad against me, because she doesn't like my conservative viewpoints. Why is the post calling me a "paranoid psychotic" tolerated? Did that person get warned? There's lots of this stuff occcurring (need me to point it out for you?) and yet I seem to be the only one warned. Why?

I hear a lot of "blah blah blah"

Just take responsiblity for your comments, however benign they are and move on bro...

Get over it and grow up!

alphamale said:
This started because I used perhaps a little too intense language to describe the self contradiction in an asian being a liberal, asians being the biggest victims of the liberal policy of "affirmative action". Kelzie then jumped in, seeing an opportunity for her continuing jihad against me, because she doesn't like my conservative viewpoints. Why is the post calling me a "paranoid psychotic" tolerated? Did that person get warned? There's lots of this stuff occcurring (need me to point it out for you?) and yet I seem to be the only one warned. Why?

For the record, Kelzie has no vandetta or jihad against anyone, you brought it upon yourself. Just suck it up and move on.

Back on topic: How is adhereing to the political ideology of liberalism any contradiction with being ethnically asian?

alphamale said:

I know one thing about your "sophisticated" brain - if you're a ****male and you argue with Kelzie you're a masochist.

What rules?

justone said:
I know one thing about your "sophisticated" brain - if you're a ****male and you argue with Kelzie you're a masochist.

What rules?

Moderator's Warning:

Can we all just move along. I appreciate the gesture justone, but you said the exact same thing I asked alphamale to not say. So please don't say it either.

And alphamale, I don't care what your ideology is. There are plenty of people here who are conservative and get along just fine. It is your method of delivery that is unacceptable. You will never be censured for your views here, only the way you say them.

i think our universities are great... any problems would be specific to the university itself, but in general, US universities are top notch.

I think there is more of a problem with our primary school systems. With the amount of money we have more children could go so much further than they are at this point.

nkgupta80 said:
i think our universities are great... any problems would be specific to the university itself, but in general, US universities are top notch.

I think there is more of a problem with our primary school systems. With the amount of money we have more children could go so much further than they are at this point.

The primary school system that Bush and Kennedy (the Odd Couple) put together.

Kelzie said:
Can we all just move along. I appreciate the gesture justone, but you said the exact same thing I asked alphamale to not say. So please don't say it either.

I just need to ask alphamale if he feels offended or insulted in anyway. May be I should appologize?

justone said:
I just need to ask alphamale if he feels offended or insulted in anyway. May be I should appologize?

If you'd like. The point isn't always that the other poster is offended. The point is we don't allow attacks on other posters. I can take quite a bit of insult before I feel offended, while some people cry when you ask a question. We navigate the treacherous waters of "feelings" by making all insults against other members illegal, whether they are insulted by it or not. But if you want to apologize it'd be fine.

Back
Top Bottom