• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is wrong with Ottawa and Ontario?

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I am railfan since pretty much birth and a transit guy since my teens, and I look at the complete Cluster F that is the Confederation Line, and the anger that the citizens have and yet they still dont call for a complete housecleaning in spite of this demonstration of complete incompetence at best, and maybe fraud. And then too the leaders went ahead with the next phase already, when they have proven that they could not manage stage one....

So here are two questions, which might be related:

1) This was extraordinary bungling even by American standards, why did it happen?

2) Why are the citizens so unwilling to employ accountability, by which I mean why are they not removing the failed leadership?

Thank You

BTW: I find this site interesting:
Occasional Transport - Ottawa LRT Status, Alerts and Cancellations

I am railfan since pretty much birth and a transit guy since my teens, and I look at the complete Cluster F that is the Confederation Line, and the anger that the citizens have and yet they still dont call for a complete housecleaning in spite of this demonstration of complete incompetence at best, and maybe fraud. And then too the leaders went ahead with the next phase already, when they have proven that they could not manage stage one....

1) This was extraordinary bungling even by American standards, why did it happen?

2) Why are the citizens so unwilling to employ accountability, by which I mean why are they not removing the failed leadership?

Thank You

Hawkeye10:

This may answer some of your concerns:

Philip Cross: Why governments keep screwing up major infrastructure projects | Financial Post

It boils down to three things. Incompetence, indifference and impunity.

Cheers?
Evilroddy.

Thank You

Bumpity-Bump-Bump-Bump

Will no one help this poor beggar for knowledge?

Oh this is good....new licence plates.....designed finalized ten months ago...started issuing Feb......they are very hard to read....you know.....the main purpose of the damn things.

Them who did it never figured this out.

How hard could they have been trying?

Here’s what Ontario’s new license plates will look like | Driving

Furor over hard-to-read Ontario licence plates | Windsor Star

Hawkeye10:

This is what happens when you drive an old Ford, into power.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Hawkeye10:

This is what happens when you drive an old Ford, into power.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Ya right....except Ford had nothing to do with the Confederation Line sucking so bad...and that excuse does not even work.....there are lots of other people in the province other than Ford.....none of them headed off this failure of government.....this is not an "It's all his fault!" situation.

Ya right....except Ford had nothing to do with the Confederation Line sucking so bad...and that excuse does not even work.....there are lots of other people in the province other than Ford.....none of them headed off this failure of government.....this is not an "It's all his fault!" situation.

Hawkeye10:

I was talking about the new license plates, not the OLTR system. The license plates are a Ford Government initiative.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Hawkeye10:

I was talking about the new license plates, not the OLTR system. The license plates are a Ford Government initiative.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

And how many hundreds....thousands of people in the last year have seen the plate and did not figure out that it does not work?

And yet I watch you here blame it all on one guy.....

THINK BIGGER!

And how many hundreds....thousands of people in the last year have seen the plate and did not figure out that it does not work?

And yet I watch you here blame it all on one guy.....

THINK BIGGER!

Hawkeye10:

I don't know how many folks have seen these proposed plates to date. When it comes to Doug Ford and his provincial government, the best way to understand what they're up to in my opinion is to think small and petty like they do, rather than taking a more lofty and philosophically "bigger" POV. When looking at an ant-farm, considerations of metaphysics and ontology are sort of beside the point. Likewise with the Ford Government in Ontario or the Trump Administration in America. Others may disagree with my position but it is right for me.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Hawkeye10:

I don't know how many folks have seen these proposed plates to date. When it comes to Doug Ford and his provincial government, the best way to understand what they're up to in my opinion is to think small and petty like they do, rather than taking a more lofty and philosophically "bigger" POV. When looking at an ant-farm, considerations of metaphysics and ontology are sort of beside the point. Likewise with the Ford Government in Ontario or the Trump Administration in America. Others may disagree with my position but it is right for me.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Are low expectations and a desire to be "nice" what causes what I see up there?

I mean what kind of idiot lets malcontents shut down rail lines and throw up your hands with an "OH WELL!". ...as if we dont all know some great things to do in that situation that would be worth trying.

Last edited:
Are low expectations and a desire to be "nice" what causes what I see up there?

I mean you idiots let malcontents shut down rail lines and throw up your hands with an "OH WELL!". ...as if we dont all know some great things to do in that situation that would be worth trying.

Hawkeye10:

Perhaps in part it's resignation and good manners operating in tandem. But with regards to First Nations' issues we also understand that they have been seriously inconvenienced and harmed for hundreds of years, while this inconvenience to us has been going on for less than a fortnight. So we keep things in perspective. A significant number of Canadians actually support what the blockades are doing. We can reroute trains if need be around the blockades but nobody is even talking about that yet. Patience and a recognition that First Nations' grievances are legitimate and urgent results in more tempered responses than just cracking heads or kettling crowds for mass arrests. We'll eventually sort it out in a civilised and civil way hopefully and then move on to wider reconciliation and rapprochement with our indigenous brothers and sisters.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Hawkeye10:

Perhaps in part it's resignation and good manners operating in tandem. But with regards to First Nations' issues we also understand that they have been seriously inconvenienced and harmed for hundreds of years, while this inconvenience to us has been going on for less than a fortnight. So we keep things in perspective. A significant number of Canadians actually support what the blockades are doing. We can reroute trains if need be around the blockades but nobody is even talking about that yet. Patience and a recognition that First Nations' grievances are legitimate and urgent results in more tempered responses than just cracking heads or kettling crowds for mass arrests. We'll eventually sort it out in a civilised and civil way hopefully and then move on to wider reconciliation and rapprochement with our indigenous brothers and sisters.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Sorry but I am too drunk to deal with U just now but I want to say two things:

1) I have always wished Canada well.

2) You have both Jordan Peterson AND Gad Saad!

!

Back
Top Bottom