• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is up with Rush???

No absolutely not, but Rush is not Bill Gate. Bill Gates' earwax is smarter than Rush. IMO -- Mr. L falls into the category, didn't go to college and it shows.

Hazlnut you do realize Bill Gates is a college drop out as well, right?

If Rush Limbaugh was a stupid as you say he is, he wouldn't be on the radio for as long as he has.

If Rush Limbaugh was wrong as often as you claim he is, he wouldn't have a radio show for as long as he has.

If Rush was as fringe as you claim he is, he wouldn't have had a successful radio program for as long as he has.

When you suck at life as bad as you do, it must be troubling.

You could always fall back on Rush being fat or a drug addict to make you feel better.

Works every time...

Great post.

Such a simple notion that Rush fans don't get. He is not an Economist. He is not Lawyer. He does not have a degree in Business, Public Policy, Political Science, or History.

The man dropped out of college after less than 2 years. He uses terms and discusses theories he does not understand at all. He lacks the critical thinking abilities of a college graduate. A sad statement on his audience and our society at large.

I don't like that in our society we sometimes reward underachievers. We reward ignorance and/or lack of education.

A functionally-illiterate professional athlete I understand. He has a talent people will pay to watch and thus contributes to the economy. Of course, when he is no longer able to preform...

But what 'talent' does Rush have. Being angry and ranting? Fine, there are many very educated people on both sides that make a living doing angry rants. Why do we reward lesser people doing this?

If his rants were half-way intelligent, I'd understand. But IMO, he is the bottom of the partisan barrel. No substance.

I find it unfathomable that someone could call Rush an underachiever. Like him or not the guy has built a successful and profitable persona. Politics aside, career wise the guy is an overachiever.

I find it unfathomable that someone could call Rush an underachiever. Like him or not the guy has built a successful and profitable persona. Politics aside, career wise the guy is an overachiever.

Fair enough. Insert the word academic in front of underachiever.

Economists say everything is about incentives. By being successful Rush brought the whole talk radio medium into the gutter. Intelligent and thoughtful commentators on both sides have to play second fiddle to an idiot.

But we did it. We made him successful.

Sadly, his success says more about us, then it does about him.

Fair enough. Insert the word academic in front of underachiever.

Economists say everything is about incentives. By being successful Rush brought the whole talk radio medium into the gutter. Intelligent and thoughtful commentators on both sides have to play second fiddle to an idiot.

Rush is an entertainer. There are folks, apparently many more so on the right vs the left, who enjoy talk radio as a form of entertainment. I think this is why left wing radio rarely gets a big audience. They concentrate on boring you to death vs. entertainment. Or it could be that listening to political blowhards doesn't entertain or appeal to folks who are more left leaning.

Either way Rush doesn't purport himself as an economist, a lawyer, a politician, a mathematician, a historian or history major, etc.

He is an entertainer. I've heard him say literally that, "I am an entertainer." He understands what he is and I suspect much of his audience understands what he is as well. Are there folks who think he's a God that parrot everything Rush says? Sure. But the same could be said for Howard Stern who has legions of fans based on little more than fart jokes. Such is life.

For amusement purposes who are the thoughtful intelligent commentators that are forced to play second fiddle to Rush because the populace is uneducated swine?

By being successful Rush brought the whole talk radio medium into the gutter.

Before Rush Limbaugh there were approx 125-200 talk radio stations, today there are over 1200. That would be "the gutter" to an angry leftist that despises achievement & desires the same lousy outcome for everyone.

Intelligent and thoughtful commentators on both sides have to play second fiddle to an idiot.

There are many on the right who don't mind Rush being the 1st fiddle as his high-tide has rose their ships. For the losers on the left, well they tried talk radio and, let's just say, their ideals/ideology are much better advanced from the ivory tower with no inbox.

No he made himself rich by exposing the inane stupidity of the left.

It seems his well will never run dry!

Now here - we agree!!!

If Rush Limbaugh was a stupid as you say he is, he wouldn't be on the radio for as long as he has.

If Rush Limbaugh was wrong as often as you claim he is, he wouldn't have a radio show for as long as he has.

If Rush was as fringe as you claim he is, he wouldn't have had a successful radio program for as long as he has.

When you suck at life as bad as you do, it must be troubling.

You could always fall back on Rush being fat or a drug addict to make you feel better.

Works every time...

Until you realize that people actually like listening to: stupid, wrong, fringy people, it changes the arguement. I bet if I said stuff thats highly controversial on the liberal side of the spectrum, I would also get some good ratings. Like Bill Maher, who "slammed" Obama for being on tv too much, he's going to get some good ratings very soon.

Until you realize that people actually like listening to: stupid, wrong, fringy people, it changes the arguement. I bet if I said stuff thats highly controversial on the liberal side of the spectrum, I would also get some good ratings. Like Bill Maher, who "slammed" Obama for being on tv too much, he's going to get some good ratings very soon.

I don't find Rush Limbaugh even remotely controversial.

The left likes to advance their spokes mouths with a built-in degree of infallibility to them. If anyone criticizes their mouthpieces, they can easily dismissed as sexists, homophobic, xenophobic, insensitive, racists, bigoted etc...

The vast majority of any of the criticism directed at Rush Limbaugh's comes from him ticking off the PC police in some way.

I don't find Rush Limbaugh even remotely controversial.

The left likes to advance their spokes mouths with a built-in degree of infallibility to them. If anyone criticizes their mouthpieces, they can easily dismissed as sexists, homophobic, xenophobic, insensitive, racists, bigoted etc...

The vast majority of any of the criticism directed at Rush Limbaugh's comes from him ticking off the PC police in some way.

Exactly. When he ticks 'em off, thats what gets people going, calling the same sort of stuff for him ( in their minds) and listening to what he's saying 'bout it.

For amusement purposes who are the thoughtful intelligent commentators that are forced to play second fiddle to Rush because the populace is uneducated swine?

Well since you put it that way...:roll:

You want a serious answer? Choose your favorite commentator--someone who you really admire and who makes arguments that make sense to you. Someone you like so much, you tell other people about them. Does that person have the same audience as Rush?

All the mini-Rushes running around nowadays are even more disturbing. They bring nothing to the medium except angry thoughtless rants.

All the mini-Rushes running around nowadays are even more disturbing. They bring nothing to the medium except angry thoughtless partisan rants.

Don't foget that. Heh, kind of sounds like some people around here.

Rush never struck me as particularly fringy. I don't always agree with him, he's often smug & self congratulatory, etc but fringy? I don't see that at all.

Rush never struck me as particularly fringy. I don't always agree with him, he's often smug & self congratulatory, etc but fringy? I don't see that at all.

Just saying it cuz The Silenced Majority said it.

You want a serious answer? Choose your favorite commentator--someone who you really admire and who makes arguments that make sense to you. Someone you like so much, you tell other people about them. Does that person have the same audience as Rush?

All the mini-Rushes running around nowadays are even more disturbing. They bring nothing to the medium except angry thoughtless rants.

Well let's take someone like Pat Buchanan. He's not easily given over to hysterics, he's not overly sensational, he doesn't excite quickly, etc.

He'd be boring in one hour let alone a four hour radio show. He's not an entertainer.

You don't even listen to talk radio. How does it feel to be a total hack? You can't even name one other talker and are obviously too lazy just to google a search to find one.

I'm real sure all of the Union hacks who vote Democrat every four years because their Union rep tells them that the republican will take their job, do so because they listen to "all things considered" and all the other crap on NPR.

Pathetic.

I'm so sick of the intelligence of talk radio listeners being impugned, when I live in a University town of total empty headed Obama-ites who wouldn't know the difference between Mussolini and Tortellini.

I would consider fringy someone like Art Bell. :mrgreen:

Flatwoods+Monster+Front+Cover+(B).jpg

Back
Top Bottom