• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is up with Rush???

Uh, I guess repeter has no proof. Nuff said.

I know that probably no one in the whole world, besides Limbaugh himself could answer this, but what the hell is Rush Limbaugh trying to do all the time? I understand he always yells about something for a good rating, and for money, but why is he purposefully misleading so many people? I honestly have counted more lies then truths when I listen to him....
Like... what?
Be specific.

Also, I've heard that occasionally, he has said violent things, which are capable of inciting others to violence
Like... what?
Be specific

Rush does far better with the manipulation of truth than he does with actual lies. He smears, insinuates, labels, etc. He is a master propagandist.
My response in advance, look it up yourself....:2razz:

Why are Democrats still acting like the Republicans are in power? They should be discussing how they are going to fix things.

Rush has millions of listeners but that doesent mean you can define the Republican party by him no more than you can define the Democrats by Michael Moores book sales.

Again, please show some sort of knowledge of what you speak. You dont have to have a subscription to his site to see the transcript of his show. That is all on the free side each and every day.

Limbaugh on Obama: "I fearlessly said and still say 'I hope he fails' " | Media Matters for America

From the 8th of June. Read the title, then listen to the soundbite. 2 totally different meanings.

Rush is speaking of Obama's policies. Yet the hackery of mediamatters, has their title as "'I hope he fails' .

Why do they intentionally leave out the context of it, which is he hopes Obama's economic and social policies fail? They make it read that he hopes Obama fails as a person and leave out that Rush is talking about his social and economic policy.

Also, look at the other links they have to previous stories on this. None of them contain the context of what Rush is saying, which he hopes his economic and social policies will fail.

Explain that sir.

Ready? Go!:waiting:

Althought Rush has stated before that in saying he hopes the President fails that what he really means is he hopes the President's policies fail, he will never correct his statement on his radio show. Instead, he will continue to say firmly that "he hopes Obama fails"...period.

Why does he say that instead of just saying he hopes the President's policies fail? It's simple: ratings.

His job, of course, is to paint the current Democratic administration and the leader of said party - the President of the Unitied States - in the worst light possible. To me, it's treason to make such a bold statement as Rush continues to make, "I hope he (the President) fails". Not "I hope the President's policies fail", but the President himself. He words himself that way because he knows it resinates with his (Conservative/Republican) listeners. But make no mistake. Rush hates any Democrate holding the office of the Presidency. It wouldn't matter if the policies enacted where better than anything anything any Republican could affix his name to. He'd still hate the liberal holding office.

Last edited:
I wanted president Bush to prove me wrong. That one did not quite work out. I want president Obama to prove my POV right. We shall see what happens.

Althought Rush has stated before that in saying he hopes the President fails that what he really means is he hopes the President's policies fail, he will never correct his statement on his radio show. Instead, he will continue to say firmly that "he hopes Obama fails"...period.

Why does he say that instead of just saying he hopes the President's policies fail? It's simple: ratings.

His job, of course, is to paint the current Democratic administration and the leader of said party - the President of the Unitied States - in the worst light possible. To me, it's treason to make such a bold statement as Rush continues to make, "I hope he (the President) fails". Not "I hope the President's policies fail", but the President himself. He words himself that way because he knows it resinates with his (Conservative/Republican) listeners. But make no mistake. Rush hates any Democrate holding the office of the Presidency. It wouldn't matter if the policies enacted where better than anything anything any Republican could affix his name to. He'd still hate the liberal holding office.
He says it that way, because he knows it pisses the left off.

He says it that way, because he knows it pisses the left off.

Rush hasn't a bit of diplomacy in his heart, or head, or gut, or butt....

If making the opposition angry is a tactic, what does he expect to accomplish?
More division?
way to go Rush!:roll:

You don't understand him at all do you?

God I love Rush.

Okay, some time ago Rush was saying that Obama was going to take away gun rights, correct? Well, I just heard on news that a man shot and killed a policemen or something because he heard that Obama might try to take his guns away. Now, if that man heard Rush say Obama's taking guns away, that could be something. It wouldn't be anything if Obama was taking guns away, but he isn;t so it was an unsubstantiated rumor, and if you can trace that back to Rush....you've got a case.

God I love Rush.

Okay, some time ago Rush was saying that Obama was going to take away gun rights, correct? Well, I just heard on news that a man shot and killed a policemen or something because he heard that Obama might try to take his guns away. Now, if that man heard Rush say Obama's taking guns away, that could be something. It wouldn't be anything if Obama was taking guns away, but he isn;t so it was an unsubstantiated rumor, and if you can trace that back to Rush....you've got a case.
You got nothing, lots of people have said that. Get a life.

You got nothing, lots of people have said that. Get a life.

Sorry for not being narrow-minded in anything concerning civil liberties to right wing and left wing ( if you can find any) nuts. Oh, and all those haters, and Nazi's and stuff. Do you support von Brunn?

He says it b/c he know the left wont be able to let it go.

And verbatim, here we are still talking about it.

He wants Obama's economic policy to fail, b/c he thinks it is bad overall for the economy.

What an extreme viewpoint.:roll:

He says it b/c he know the left wont be able to let it go.

And verbatim, here we are still talking about it.

He wants Obama's economic policy to fail, b/c he thinks it is bad overall for the economy.

What an extreme viewpoint.:roll:

Rush is not an economist, not that I think enonomists have any more clues than anyone else....
Funny, for all that Rush has to say, it is almost always hindsight...does he have any original ideas? Has he ever offered to help any politician think?
Has any politician ever courted Rush?

Has he ever offered to help any politician think?Has any politician ever courted Rush?

Franky, if any politician took his advice, it would hurt them. He is to far to the side to do more then make comments, and have a show. If he could lessen his extreme viewpoints, then he has a good chance of getting somewhere, politically, but that isn't very likely.

I know that probably no one in the whole world, besides Limbaugh himself could answer this, but what the hell is Rush Limbaugh trying to do all the time? I understand he always yells about something for a good rating, and for money, but why is he purposefully misleading so many people? I honestly have counted more lies then truths when I listen to him...and afterwards, I need to watch something true, and not misleading just to clear my head of his rants. Also, I've heard that occasionally, he has said violent things, which are capable of inciting others to violence, so I'm wondering why doesn't anyone say anything? I understand that if a liberal tries it, everyone will start yelling at the liberal. There are plenty of conservatives who think he's crazy, so why don't they do anything about it? Honestly...when I listen to him... it's amazing to me how no one has attacked him yet.

He's a jacked up idiot. There really isn't much more to say.

Rush is not an economist, not that I think enonomists have any more clues than anyone else....

Neither are you, but you still talk about economics right?

Funny, for all that Rush has to say, it is almost always hindsight...does he have any original ideas? Has he ever offered to help any politician think?

Try listening to his show. He is always ahead of the game. But you have to actually listen to the show as it happens, not be hindsight yourself and pick up a week later on dailykos or mediamatters, what he said 2 weeks ago. :thumbs:

Actually Harry Reid tried to have him fired. You probably dont recall this, b/c you never listened to his show.

Neither are you, but you still talk about economics right?

Try listening to his show. He is always ahead of the game. But you have to actually listen to the show as it happens, not be hindsight yourself and pick up a week later on dailykos or mediamatters, what he said 2 weeks ago. :thumbs:

Actually Harry Reid tried to have him fired. You probably dont recall this, b/c you never listened to his show.

I know enough to spend only money that I have, and to spend it wisely.
Our government does not.
I had to listen to him for several years as the shop I worked in had several dittoheads who couldn't live without dear leader's opinion on everything.:2wave:

Great post.

Such a simple notion that Rush fans don't get. He is not an Economist. He is not Lawyer. He does not have a degree in Business, Public Policy, Political Science, or History.

The man dropped out of college after less than 2 years. He uses terms and discusses theories he does not understand at all. He lacks the critical thinking abilities of a college graduate. A sad statement on his audience and our society at large.

I don't like that in our society we sometimes reward underachievers. We reward ignorance and/or lack of education.

A functionally-illiterate professional athlete I understand. He has a talent people will pay to watch and thus contributes to the economy. Of course, when he is no longer able to preform...

But what 'talent' does Rush have. Being angry and ranting? Fine, there are many very educated people on both sides that make a living doing angry rants. Why do we reward lesser people doing this?

If his rants were half-way intelligent, I'd understand. But IMO, he is the bottom of the partisan barrel. No substance.

Great post.

Such a simple notion that Rush fans don't get. He is not an Economist. He is not Lawyer. He does not have a degree in Business, Public Policy, Political Science, or History.

The man dropped out of college after less than 2 years. He uses terms and discusses theories he does not understand at all. He lacks the critical thinking abilities of a college graduate. A sad statement on his audience and our society at large.

Are you going to seriously sit here and come from the premise that unless you have a college degree, you are inept at critical thinking?

Your not an economist either, yet you still talk about it right?

I don't like that in our society we sometimes reward underachievers. We reward ignorance and/or lack of education.

Just b/c someone goes to college doesnt mean they are educated.

A functionally-illiterate professional athlete I understand. He has a talent people will pay to watch and thus contributes to the economy. Of course, when he is no longer able to preform...

But what 'talent' does Rush have. Being angry and ranting? Fine, there are many very educated people on both sides that make a living doing angry rants. Why do we reward lesser people doing this?

If his rants were half-way intelligent, I'd understand. But IMO, he is the bottom of the partisan barrel. No substance.

Thanks for your uneducated opinion, now go and educate yourself.:mrgreen:

Are you going to seriously sit here and come from the premise that unless you have a college degree, you are inept at critical thinking?
Your not an economist either, yet you still talk about it right?

Just b/c someone goes to college doesnt mean they are educated.

Thanks for your uneducated opinion, now go and educate yourself.:mrgreen:

I hope you are not insinuating that Rush is a thinker, critical or otherwise....

Well, it really helps, at the very least.

Just b/c someone goes to college doesnt mean they are educated

But it defintely helps in both credibility, and critical thinking.

Thanks for your uneducated opinion, now go and educate yourself.

Actually, Hazl hits upon a great point. Rush is as partisan as you can possibly get. IF you think thats wrong, you might need to re-educate yourself, because everyone agrees Limbaugh is a partisan.

No absolutely not, but Rush is not Bill Gate. Bill Gates' earwax is smarter than Rush. IMO -- Mr. L falls into the category, didn't go to college and it shows.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom