• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is up with Rush???

Yes....like save the world from nuclear holocaust. That can't be good.

Oh, here's your hero:

"I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

http://media1.streamtoyou.com/rnc/BeginBoming-8-19-84-09secs.mp3

Sorry I couldn't find more of the broadcast. ;)

Actually if it wasn't for the Bay of Pigs then the Cuban Missile Crisis might have been avoided all together it was JFK who gave the final instructions for Mongoose to go forward. Mind you he was doped up on pain killers all this time.

Actually if it wasn't for the Bay of Pigs then the Cuban Missile Crisis might have been avoided all together it was JFK who gave the final instructions for Mongoose to go forward. Mind you he was doped up on pain killers all this time.

Mind you, he nevertheless averted the closest anyone has come to a nuclear holocaust. But you're right, thats not important. What is far more important is the fact that everyone's favorite Republican sent out a radio address saying he was about to nuke the Sov's...while he was thinking completely straight.

So....JFK on painkillers did the opposite ( stop a nuclear holocaust) of what Reagan did ( Go very close to actually starting one) while thinking straight....says a lot about your hero...

And the Cuban Missile Crisis was caused because some Soviets got smart and thought Cuba has a nice view of America.

By the way, you were there when Kennedy was giving the orders? Oh thats right, you weren't. You're just following Rush's lead and throwing out whatever bluffs you can, and hope no one calls them. You didn't get that luck this time.

Last edited:
Mind you, he nevertheless averted the closest anyone has come to a nuclear holocaust. But you're right, thats not important. What is far more important is the fact that everyone's favorite Republican sent out a radio address saying he was about to nuke the Sov's...while he was thinking completely straight.

Am I the only one who heard both an irreverent tone and chuckling in that audio?

So....JFK on painkillers did the opposite ( stop a nuclear holocaust) of what Reagan did ( Go very close to actually starting one) while thinking straight....says a lot about your hero...

And the Cuban Missile Crisis was caused because some Soviets got smart and thought Cuba has a nice view of America.

By the way, you were there when Kennedy was giving the orders? Oh thats right, you weren't. You're just following Rush's lead and throwing out whatever bluffs you can, and hope no one calls them. You didn't get that luck this time.

As for Mr. Reagan's statement please if your going to bring this up get yopur fact straight you do understand that the USSR Ambass. was sitting less then 10 feet away from him when he made the comment. and he found it very funny.

Am I the only one who heard both an irreverent tone and chuckling in that audio?

I was too busy hearing the address stating a nuclear attack was about to begin.

I was too busy hearing the address stating a nuclear attack was about to begin.

I mean...I don't understand how someone doesn't understand that that's humor...the audacity of what's being said gives it away. Even if you don't think it's funny, the ridiculousness of the claim is how you know it's not serious.

Like when Rush went off on Mikel J Fox exaggerating the effects of Parkinson's while doing a commercial...'the left' took Rush seriously :doh

I recall that bit...it was quite clear that Rush was being facetious.

I would love to see at least three strong parties.

I would love to see the Democratic party be a true liberal party

Let the Republican party become the Limbaugh evangelical right-wing party

and get a true third party moderate party.

What would the third party be called?

I know that probably no one in the whole world, besides Limbaugh himself could answer this, but what the hell is Rush Limbaugh trying to do all the time? I understand he always yells about something for a good rating, and for money, but why is he purposefully misleading so many people? I honestly have counted more lies then truths when I listen to him...and afterwards, I need to watch something true, and not misleading just to clear my head of his rants. Also, I've heard that occasionally, he has said violent things, which are capable of inciting others to violence, so I'm wondering why doesn't anyone say anything? I understand that if a liberal tries it, everyone will start yelling at the liberal. There are plenty of conservatives who think he's crazy, so why don't they do anything about it? Honestly...when I listen to him... it's amazing to me how no one has attacked him yet.
Produce your proof.

I mean...I don't understand how someone doesn't understand that that's humor...the audacity of what's being said gives it away. Even if you don't think it's funny, the ridiculousness of the claim is how you know it's not serious.

Like when Rush went off on Mikel J Fox exaggerating the effects of Parkinson's while doing a commercial...'the left' took Rush seriously :doh

I recall that bit...it was quite clear that Rush was being facetious.

Reagan told a joke, Rush IS a joke...

Reagan told a joke, Rush IS a joke...

Exactly, Rush is a clown who doesn't realize he's got make-up on his face and big shoes on his feet. We're not laughing WITH you, we are laughing AT you Fat Man.

if you want a one sided favorable view of Rush, go to his website, by all means....:2razz:

Or I guess in your case, go to mediamatters to get the cropped versions. :thumbs:

Why not go straight to the source to get the scoop? Seems logical to me.

As UtahBill said, that site would probably be more biased towards Rush then FOX towards the Republicans. It would be completely pointless to go to that site, and see more of his lies. Furthermore, I was wondering how all you conservatives view Rush, your savior. And I was also looking if anyone could decipher that mess inside Rush's head...

OK again, if the OP is really, really interested and curious as to who Rush is, why not go to Rush's own website, where everything he says or does is posted for all to see?

I mean, all it is is his show in typed form. I dont know what the bias would be for that.

Should we all jump on over to mediamatters to get the scoop on Rush, or go straight to Rush to get the scoop on Rush?:confused::confused:

You got it all wrong there cheif. The only savior around here is Obama himself. Evan Thomas and the left say so themselves. :thumbs:

I know that probably no one in the whole world, besides Limbaugh himself could answer this, but what the hell is Rush Limbaugh trying to do all the time? I understand he always yells about something for a good rating, and for money, but why is he purposefully misleading so many people? I honestly have counted more lies then truths when I listen to him...and afterwards, I need to watch something true, and not misleading just to clear my head of his rants. Also, I've heard that occasionally, he has said violent things, which are capable of inciting others to violence, so I'm wondering why doesn't anyone say anything? I understand that if a liberal tries it, everyone will start yelling at the liberal. There are plenty of conservatives who think he's crazy, so why don't they do anything about it? Honestly...when I listen to him... it's amazing to me how no one has attacked him yet.

he has a worldview that fuels his passion, and he has a personality that drives him to speak about it in the way that he does, and using a format which reaches so many people.

all human beings are tribal. it's a survival instinct which is nearly impossible to shake. Limbaugh's tribe is the American Conservative tribe. opposing worldviews threaten his tribe. so, he finds it necessary to speak against opposing or different worldviews, whether they are wrong or right on any particular issue. everyone does this to some extent, although some have it much worse than others. the tribal instinct can be so strong that cognitive dissonance permeates nearly everything. such is Limbaugh's lot.

Limbaugh, like many public figures, is a narcissist. he not only has a need to speak out against the other "tribe," but he has a need to be the center of attention.

that is what is "up" with Rush Limbaugh.

Or I guess in your case, go to mediamatters to get the cropped versions. :thumbs:

Why not go straight to the source to get the scoop? Seems logical to me.

Will Rush have on his site all the gaffes? No....
If you want to know what a particular religion believes, it is best to go to their site. If you want to know how poorly they follow their beliefs, you have to go elsewhere.
Same with pundits....eventually, they all say something stupid, or something that shows their true colors, and THOSE items will not likely be repeated on their sites....
Rush has enough gaffes that Al Franken managed a whole book on them...:lol:

Show us how media matters crops?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA3KE7naoSA]YouTube - John Gibson: Media Matters Is Lying About Rush Limbaugh![/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT1zCUlvkhk]YouTube - Mark Levin: Media Matters is "A Criminal Enterprise"![/ame]

Show us how media matters crops?

Prove it, Hat.

Something about "I hope Obama fails" springs to mind there hazlnut, as just 1 example.

Will Rush have on his site all the gaffes? No....
If you want to know what a particular religion believes, it is best to go to their site. If you want to know how poorly they follow their beliefs, you have to go elsewhere.
Same with pundits....eventually, they all say something stupid, or something that shows their true colors, and THOSE items will not likely be repeated on their sites....
Rush has enough gaffes that Al Franken managed a whole book on them...:lol:

Actually, Rush posts his entire show on a daily basis. You should check it out some time.

I dont go looking for gaffes from anybody. That is kind of crazy to do.

Actually, Rush posts his entire show on a daily basis. You should check it out some time.

I dont go looking for gaffes from anybody. That is kind of crazy to do.

...for paid subscribers.

Now, Mr. Hat, here's where you can demonstrate your legendary veracity and provide a SINGLE EXAMPLE of Media Matters "cropping" something they say some one said, turning it into a thing they DIDN'T say.

Ready? Go!

...for paid subscribers.

Again, please show some sort of knowledge of what you speak. You dont have to have a subscription to his site to see the transcript of his show. That is all on the free side each and every day.

Now, Mr. Hat, here's where you can demonstrate your legendary veracity and provide a SINGLE EXAMPLE of Media Matters "cropping" something they say some one said, turning it into a thing they DIDN'T say.

Ready? Go!

Limbaugh on Obama: "I fearlessly said and still say 'I hope he fails' " | Media Matters for America

From the 8th of June. Read the title, then listen to the soundbite. 2 totally different meanings.

Rush is speaking of Obama's policies. Yet the hackery of mediamatters, has their title as "'I hope he fails' .

Why do they intentionally leave out the context of it, which is he hopes Obama's economic and social policies fail? They make it read that he hopes Obama fails as a person and leave out that Rush is talking about his social and economic policy.

Also, look at the other links they have to previous stories on this. None of them contain the context of what Rush is saying, which he hopes his economic and social policies will fail.

Explain that sir.

Ready? Go!:waiting:

Again, please show some sort of knowledge of what you speak. You dont have to have a subscription to his site to see the transcript of his show. That is all on the free side each and every day.

Limbaugh on Obama: "I fearlessly said and still say 'I hope he fails' " | Media Matters for America

From the 8th of June. Read the title, then listen to the soundbite. 2 totally different meanings.

Rush is speaking of Obama's policies. Yet the hackery of mediamatters, has their title as "'I hope he fails' .

Why do they intentionally leave out the context of it, which is he hopes Obama's economic and social policies fail? They make it read that he hopes Obama fails as a person and leave out that Rush is talking about his social and economic policy.

Also, look at the other links they have to previous stories on this. None of them contain the context of what Rush is saying, which he hopes his economic and social policies will fail.

Explain that sir.

Ready? Go!:waiting:

Golly, Mr. Hat -- and he's NEVER changed the TRANSCRIPT of what he actually said, has he? He would NEVER do that!!!!!!! :doh

The TITLE? THAT'S your evidence?

Um, Mr. Hat? THEY HAVE THE ENTIRE RELEVANT PART OF THE AUDIO FOR YOU TO LISTEN TO!

How much "context" do you want in a HEADLINE, Mr. Hat? Did he not SAY the words? Did he not MEAN the words? WTF are you actually trying to SAY here...

See, MOST folks when they really wanna KNOW something read MORE than just the headline of a story. The headline is designed to get you interested -- but I guess when someone is an incurious conservative who judges the world from HEADLINES, that might not have been CLEAR!

Your job here, Mr. Hat, was to demonstrate Media Matters FABRICATING A QUOTE! You have failed.

Good day.

Last edited:
Golly, Mr. Hat -- and he's NEVER changed the TRANSCRIPT of what he actually said, has he? He would NEVER do that!!!!!!! :doh

The TITLE? THAT'S your evidence?

You asked for evidence, I supplied some. Dont ask for it, if your just gonna shoot it down regardless.

Um, Mr. Hat? THEY HAVE THE ENTIRE RELEVANT PART OF THE AUDIO FOR YOU TO LISTEN TO!

How much "context" do you want in a HEADLINE, Mr. Hat? Did he not SAY the words? Did he not MEAN the words? WTF are you actually trying to SAY here...

The words can mean anything, if they are intentionally taken out of context.

Its not about what I am trying to say, its about what the left wing is trying to make people think Rush said something he didnt.

In this case, the left and you are insinuating that Rush wants America to fail, which is alot of nonsense.

See, MOST folks when they really wanna KNOW something read MORE than just the headline of a story. The headline is designed to get you interested -- but I guess when someone is an incurious conservative who judges the world from HEADLINES, that might not have been CLEAR!

Your job here, Mr. Hat, was to demonstrate Media Matters FABRICATING A QUOTE! You have failed.

Good day.

Yeah, that is why, after reading the headline, people will ask why mediamatters has a totally different headline and motive, from what is actually in the clip.

The failure is all yours sir. You ask for evidence, I provide it, then blast me for providing it? If you cant deal with someone providing what you yourself asked for, maybe you shouldnt post at all. :thumbs:

Just run on over to your own thread about "Rush wants GM to die" and you can have evidence #2 in this.:lol: Please quote Rush's words on that one.

I asked for evidence of Media Matters changing a quote into something that the accused person didn't actually say, Mr. Hat. I'm still waiting for that evidence.

Back
Top Bottom