• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is Trump’s long game

Nickyjo

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Heard that Trump is asking for an audit of the Texas vote, despite winning the state. Can anyone - supporter or not - speculate as to what he is up to? Chris Hayes on MSNBC suggests he wishes to create doubts about the democratic process itself, but I think that’s not it. What gives?

Heard that Trump is asking for an audit of the Texas vote, despite winning the state. Can anyone - supporter or not - speculate as to what he is up to? Chris Hayes on MSNBC suggests he wishes to create doubts about the democratic process itself, but I think that’s not it. What gives?
simple---------he wants to keep the big lie alive and in the heads of his cult..........this will ensure he gets votes and that Biden will be thought of as someone who should not have won, etc.....

What is Trump’s long game​

Trump has no long game. He is not capable of such thought.

He is responding to losing the election. Yes, he wants to destroy democracy to become ruler. Like the child he is he just wants the attention.

Frankly, I think he has a very good shot at installing himself as ruler.

Perhaps the election fraud techniques that were used to steal the election from him were also used in other races.

Let's face it, stealing Texas for Trump would be stupid because nobody would believe that Texas suddenly went to Biden. But there could be other races that went to Democrats...thanks to election fraud.

For example, in Arizona, there are a couple guys on the MCBOS who won their elections by VERY slim margins. And it just so happens that those two guys are the most determined opponents of the AZ audit. Sure, they are small potatoes next to Trump, but their own slice of power might depend on the AZ audit not being done.

The same could be in TX...hell, even in my state...Colorado.

There's only one way to find out.

Maybe EVERY state should be audited.

(I wonder how many congressional races the Democrats ACTUALLY won?)

I think that's exactly it.
The long game of every right wing politician on the planet is to dismantle democracy and usher in authoritarianism under the DIS-guise of a "managed" democracy which is nothing more than locked in one party rule with "just enough" opposition presence to lend to the ILLUSION OF democracy on a surface level only.

The political Right decided decades ago that democracy is anathema to their plans.

I think he's an attention whore who just wants to stay in the public eye. Since he's an egotistical sore loser, you may be right about his just wanting to cause doubt about the democratic process. The bastard never wants to admit he lost or failed at anything.

Perhaps he's re-deploying his Hawaiian Birth Certificate investigators to Texas and he just called it an audit.

Hayes' theory is the best one we have, because undermining trust in elections paves the way for Republicans to overturn and end them. It can also be a 'power play' by him as others suggest, sort of a loyalty test demanding Republicans bow down to him and put him above elections..

Hayes played a good clip of trump before the election asked if he would commit to a peaceful transfer of power, and trump said no, he had great issues with the ballots, get rid of the ballots and there would be a peaceful continuation of power, not a transfer.

Guess what...it's going to happen, at least in some of the Texas counties.

The Texas Secretary of State has announced on Thursday, September 23 it will conduct a full and comprehensive forensic audit of any election and has already begun the process in Texas’ two largest Democrat counties and two largest Republican counties—Dallas, Harris, Tarrant, and Collin—for the 2020 election.

In a statement sent to CBS 11, it said in part: Under existing Texas laws, the Secretary of State has the authority to conduct a full and comprehensive forensic audit. We anticipate the Legislature will provide funds for this purpose.

Okay Texas Democrats...fire up the lawsuits, turn on your propaganda machine...call out your talking potato heads. The shit is about to hit the fan.

Guess what...it's going to happen, at least in some of the Texas counties.

The Texas Secretary of State has announced on Thursday, September 23 it will conduct a full and comprehensive forensic audit of any election and has already begun the process in Texas’ two largest Democrat counties and two largest Republican counties—Dallas, Harris, Tarrant, and Collin—for the 2020 election.​
In a statement sent to CBS 11, it said in part: Under existing Texas laws, the Secretary of State has the authority to conduct a full and comprehensive forensic audit. We anticipate the Legislature will provide funds for this purpose.

Okay Texas Democrats...fire up the lawsuits, turn on your propaganda machine...call out your talking potato heads. The shit is about to hit the fan.
So Trump calls for something that was already in the works? "Winning" must be leading from behind.

Perhaps the election fraud techniques that were used to steal the election from him were also used in other races.

Let's face it, stealing Texas for Trump would be stupid because nobody would believe that Texas suddenly went to Biden. But there could be other races that went to Democrats...thanks to election fraud.

For example, in Arizona, there are a couple guys on the MCBOS who won their elections by VERY slim margins. And it just so happens that those two guys are the most determined opponents of the AZ audit. Sure, they are small potatoes next to Trump, but their own slice of power might depend on the AZ audit not being done.

But it was republicans who cheated...

So Trump calls for something that was already in the works? "Winning" must be leading from behind.
Did he?

Or is he calling for an audit of the ENTIRE Texas vote?

simple---------he wants to keep the big lie alive and in the heads of his cult..........this will ensure he gets votes and that Biden will be thought of as someone who should not have won, etc.....

He likely can succeed too. He kept the Obama birth certificate thing going for six years straight. This can’t be that much harder. His base is not just gullible, but eager to believe. What’s there for a narcissistic huckster like Trump to not love?

I guess we'll find out, won't we?

(at least, in those four counties)
In my opinion, unless your internal biases are validated, you will never "find out".

There will always be another hurdle.

I think he wants money. I don't think there is any master plan other than to threaten retirees with being kicked out of his "inner circle" if they don't donate $20 reoccurring, and saying crazy things to generate those those donations.

I think he's an attention whore who just wants to stay in the public eye. Since he's an egotistical sore loser, you may be right about his just wanting to cause doubt about the democratic process. The bastard never wants to admit he lost or failed at anything.

Whatever his long game....it's about to get f---ed right in the ass.

In my opinion, unless your internal biases are validated, you will never "find out".

There will always be another hurdle.
I don't need any biases validated. I just need the truth.

Isn't that what the SoS said? They can audit any election and they're starting with the four largest counties.
That doesn't mean they'll audit every county.

We'll see, won't we?

So you buy that the election was stolen from him? Why do you drink Trump’s kool-aid? Again I ask the question that no Trump supporters seem willing to venture an answer to: from the Emmys to the recent recall election in California, Trump has ALWAYS claimed fraud when an election displeases him. If he runs in 2024 and doesn’t win, I assume he will claim fraud. That’s his trademark, his signature political position. He claimed fraud even when he won in 2016. Does that factor in at all when you form an opinion on 2020? C’mon Mycroft. Try to answer. I don’t really expect a response, but hope springs eternal as they say. Anyone else who believe 2020 was fraudulent care to link to any evidence that shows this?
Btw, it seems that the AZ audit will confirm Biden’s victory, but as I brilliantly predicted, :) a spokesperson talked about “anomalies” in the election raising questions. Naturally. On to Texas.

The bastard never wants to admit he lost or failed at anything.

That's not just a guess, I recall a story where he had been told to do that, I think by Roy Cohn.

“Trump,” the late Wayne Barrett wrote in 1979, “is a user of other users”—a keen, foundational insight, true then and true now. And with the exception of his father, whose fortune made possible the life he’s lived, Trump used Cohn more than he used anybody.

From 1973, when Cohn started representing the Trumps after the Department of Justice sued them for racist rental practices at the thousands of apartments they owned, through the rest of the ’70s and into the ’80s, when he served as an indispensable macher for Trump’s career-launching maneuvers, Cohn became for Trump something much more than simply his attorney. At a most formative moment for Trump, there was no more formative figure than Cohn.

Tyrnauer and Zirin remind viewers and readers that Cohn imparted an M.O. that’s been on searing display throughout Trump’s ascent, his divisive, captivating campaign, and his fraught, unprecedented presidency. Deflect and distract, never give in, never admit fault, lie and attack, lie and attack, publicity no matter what, win no matter what, all underpinned by a deep, prove-me-wrong belief in the power of chaos and fear.

Trump was Cohn’s most insatiable student and beneficiary. “He didn’t just educate Trump, he didn’t just teach Trump, he put Trump in with people who would make Trump,” Marcus, his cousin, told me. “Roy gave him the tools. All the tools.”

“He loved him,” early Trump Organization executive Louise Sunshine told me.

Why?

“He was ruthless.”

That's not just a guess, I recall a story where he had been told to do that, I think by Roy Cohn.
Why are we not surprised at the Trump-Cohn connection?

Back
Top Bottom