• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is this movie?

Cardinal

Respected On All Sides
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
There's a movie I once saw that was really good, but I saw it a crazy long time ago and I can't remember the name of it, and I can't narrow it down with a google search. Here's what I remember:

1) black and white
2) takes place during the Depression or maybe soon before the Depression
3) about an adult con man and a little girl ( no more than 12 years old) who go on a robbery/scam spree together
4) something about selling bibles as part of the scam
5) filmed before 1985

That's all I got.

Is this ringing any bells for anyone?

Note: I have a feeling that the black-and-white and Depression-era factors may be red herrings, and that it was simply made to feel like it was made in that era.

There's a movie I once saw that was really good, but I saw it a crazy long time ago and I can't remember the name of it, and I can't narrow it down with a google search. Here's what I remember:

1) black and white
2) takes place during the Depression or maybe soon before the Depression
3) about an adult con man and a little girl ( no more than 12 years old) who go on a robbery/scam spree together
4) something about selling bibles as part of the scam

That's all I got.

Is this ringing any bells for anyone?
Paper Moon

Paper Moon ?
That certainly seems to be the one. My memory is that it's the movie that inspired the Cohen Brothers, in particular their mastery of pacing. I've told my wife about it and she's very interested in seeing it. I'm very curious to see how the movie holds up to my memory of it.

Back
Top Bottom