• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is the right afraid of? People loving the ACA.

Your side lost when the ACA went thru. They lost in 2012 when Romney ran on repealing the ACA and they lost when the SCOTUS gave it the OK. How many more times will it take before your side gets a freaking clue? Taking away peoples insurance when they did not have any before is a losing idea my friend.

I don't know. Look at it from the viewpoint of healthy people younger than 40 or so. What Obamacare means is that they have to start paying $100 to $300 a month for health insurance that they don't think they need (after their employer threw them to the exchange). Either that or pay a fine. You really think this will be popular?

The best thing is to sit back and watch the complaints roll in. Of course,then the left will say that what we REALLY need is single payer.

If the conservatives where so sure the ACA was bunk then why not wait and let it fail on its own and say "we told you so."? I think the right wing is afraid people are going to like it just like social security,medicare oe medicade. They claim this is a start to socialized healthcare ( I hope so) but the whole thing was their idea in the first place and they only hate it because Obama pushed it through. Yea I think the right wing is afraid we are going to have another intitlement to hate. Too bad.

Well, James, I disagree with you...you know that...but here is one conservative who DOES agree with you, but for reasons other than being able to say, "Na, na, na...Told you so!!".

George F. Will: On Obamacare, Republicans get in their own way - The Washington Post

Perhaps you would be wise to listen to more conservatives than following in lockstep with your liberal talking points. You might then give us threads that are interesting.

If the conservatives where so sure the ACA was bunk then why not wait and let it fail on its own and say "we told you so."? I think the right wing is afraid people are going to like it just like social security,medicare oe medicade. They claim this is a start to socialized healthcare ( I hope so) but the whole thing was their idea in the first place and they only hate it because Obama pushed it through. Yea I think the right wing is afraid we are going to have another intitlement to hate. Too bad.

Yeah, I saw this same argument get made facetiously on The Daily Show.

It's crap, of course, given that the majority of the GOP wants to pass the bill to fund Obamacare precisely so that it will collapse and they can run on that. But there are some silly Republican Lawmakers who think that their first duty is to the people rather than the party, and I understand they did make a bit of a fuss.

The best thing is to sit back and watch the complaints roll in. Of course,then the left will say that what we REALLY need is single payer.

That is precisely what they will do. "Hey, if a heavy helping of government distortion didn't help, and a large increase in government control made it worse, maybe a massive government takeover will do the trick!" :roll: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Mind you, they won't get it. Because then they're going to have to come up with realistic ways to pay for it.

plr9j.jpg

Better than the right wing idea of hope and change. You know destroy the middle class,attack labor and line the pockets of the wealthy and of course the more moral than you crowd which thinks they know better on how to live your life than you do. Oh by the way how is that anto woman,anti poor,anti minority and anti gay thing working out for you?

You know destroy the middle class,attack labor and line the pockets of the wealthy and of course the more moral than you crowd which thinks they know better on how to live your life than you do.

You mean like Obama and the (D)'s have been doing now for quite a few years?

:lamo

really? do you realize how stupid that sounds?

even the CBO is saying Obamacare will bankrupt the country. WTF? sit back and let it fail. billions of dollars down the drain, jobs lost, etc, etc, etc...just so we can say "I told you so"

un-freakin-believable

Your side had the chance to defeat the ACA three times my friend. In baseball that is striking out. Get on with it. The right wing has lost yet another battle with Obama and the GOP won't admit it.

I don't know. Look at it from the viewpoint of healthy people younger than 40 or so. What Obamacare means is that they have to start paying $100 to $300 a month for health insurance that they don't think they need (after their employer threw them to the exchange). Either that or pay a fine. You really think this will be popular?

We can iron out the flaws. You side is talking repeal not working on what is wrong. Every idea I have heard from the right has to do with medical saving accounts,limiting malpractice and allowing interstate insurance sales. I do not think those ideas would fix what is wrong with health care in this country. They may help a little I don't know but not yet have I heard a conservative answer to the fact healthcare is too freaking expensive and the fact we have 30 million people without health care. A soon as I hear that come out of conservative mouths then i might take them seriously.

We can iron out the flaws. You side is talking repeal not working on what is wrong. Every idea I have heard from the right has to do with medical saving accounts,limiting malpractice and allowing interstate insurance sales. I do not think those ideas would fix what is wrong with health care in this country. They may help a little I don't know but not yet have I heard a conservative answer to the fact healthcare is too freaking expensive and the fact we have 30 million people without health care. A soon as I hear that come out of conservative mouths then i might take them seriously.

Hey JD. So, what have the Democrats in Congress introduced to deal with the known defects in Obamacare?

Other than the President curiously envoking unique powers to delay laws a'la the Employer Mandate delay, what have the authors and approvers done to correct the deficiencies?

Hey JD. So, what have the Democrats in Congress introduced to deal with the known defects in Obamacare?

Other than the President curiously envoking unique powers to delay laws a'la the Employer Mandate delay, what have the authors and approvers done to correct the deficiencies?

Why not fix it first. The conservatives have repeal madness and won't take no for an answer.

Why not fix it first. The conservatives have repeal madness and won't take no for an answer.

Yes, I've read your narative.

My question related to what the authors, and authorizors, have done to correct the glaring deficiencies. I assume the lack of answer on your part is an answer itself.

Yes, I've read your narative.

My question related to what the authors, and authorizors, have done to correct the glaring deficiencies. I assume the lack of answer on your part is an answer itself.

They can't do nothing without it being a two party answer. The GFOP is not governing right now. All they can say is no and that is all they have done for four years now.

They can't do nothing without it being a two party answer. The GFOP is not governing right now. All they can say is no and that is all they have done for four years now.

Come on JD. I asked what the Democrats who created and passed Obamacare, have done to correct the glaring problems with it. The President has waived off portions, and others have been excluded.

So list the things the Party in control of the Senate, and the White House have done to correct the legislation.

Posting more of the same complaints is not answering the question. If you don't want to answer the question, don't reply.

Exactly.
Been asking the same question.
Obama said there'll be "glitches" and that he'd just love to discuss ways to improve it ... and every time he sys stuff like that I think of Iran jerking us around through him the same way.

I tend to agree with you. If I was a Republican and I thought Obamacare was a failure and would drive people to vote for the Republican Party. I would let it go into effect warts and all. It makes no sense for the GOP to fight it so, that is if they are sure it will be a disaster. You may have a valid point, only time will tell.

I tend to agree with you. If I was a Republican and I thought Obamacare was a failure and would drive people to vote for the Republican Party. I would let it go into effect warts and all. It makes no sense for the GOP to fight it so, that is if they are sure it will be a disaster. You may have a valid point, only time will tell.

I never hurts to call LIV attention to it at the same time as getting the perps on record as supporting it.

I never hurts to call LIV attention to it at the same time as getting the perps on record as supporting it.

The Dems are now on record and always has been ever since it was first passed. Government shut downs don't really mean anything, Carter shut down the government each year he was president, Reagan had around 6 shut downs. Life went one and only those in Washington knew the government shut down. But those in Washington received all their back pay once the budget was passed. It is no big thing.

We haven't had a budget since Obama took over and it looks like this year we won't either. Just CR's up the ying yang. This proves to me that neither major political party knows what the heck they are doing.

The Dems are now on record and always has been ever since it was first passed. Government shut downs don't really mean anything, Carter shut down the government each year he was president, Reagan had around 6 shut downs. Life went one and only those in Washington knew the government shut down. But those in Washington received all their back pay once the budget was passed. It is no big thing.

We haven't had a budget since Obama took over and it looks like this year we won't either. Just CR's up the ying yang. This proves to me that neither major political party knows what the heck they are doing.

Yup ... but it's good to drive it home to as many people that you can reach. Otherwise you can't seriously tell 'em you tried to stop it.
As for Ocare supporters running next year, if this turns out as bad as it looks they're gonna have to do some fancy dancing and they're not nearly as good at it as Obama.

Yup ... but it's good to drive it home to as many people that you can reach. Otherwise you can't seriously tell 'em you tried to stop it.
As for Ocare supporters running next year, if this turns out as bad as it looks they're gonna have to do some fancy dancing and they're not nearly as good at it as Obama.

I have been studying the senate races for next year and have come to the conclusion that about the only thing that can deliver the 6 seats the GOP needs to take over the senate, is Obamacare. I know, there is a year plus before the 2014 elections, but one can't start too early. If Obamacare isn't the disaster the GOP says it will be, there is no way they can win back the senate in 2014.

What is the right afraid of? People loving the ACA?
narrr we just know when the free crack stops flowing from the pez dispenser
the rhesus monkeys will behave in a boringly predictable manner... and the folks that caused the mess will fling more poo

there is no way they can win back the senate in 2014.
I just wonder how much longer it will be before there's
no one left in the country that still believes in America as it was founded? Oops heh ok mebbe its only me and that one guy?

narrr we just know when the free crack stops flowing from the pez dispenser
the rhesus monkeys will behave in a boringly predictable manner... and the folks that caused the mess will fling more poo

I can see it now. IF obammycare works, the Dems will take all the credit. When Obammycare fails, you will hear wailing and moaning about how it would have worked except those evil GOPers sabotaged it.

I just wonder how much longer it will be before there's
no one left in the country that still believes in America as it was founded? Oops heh ok mebbe its only me and that one guy?

Things change. When I was born there were still more people living on farms and small towns than cities. American was still an agrarian society. Sometime in the late 50's that changed, as that is when the number of people who lived in cities finally passed those who live in rural areas and so too did the politics of this nation. We and politics have deserted the ideas of taking care of one self and self responsibility for one's action, to depend on self for your well being to becoming dependent on government to take care of you.

I would say the average American today is in a whole lot better shape than the American of the late 1700's. But I think the ideals of the founding fathers have gotten lost and tossed by the wayside. But perhaps that was inevitable. We are no longer a nation of small farmers with plenty of land available and plenty of work to go around. One thing is for sure, there is no going back.

Back
Top Bottom