• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is the purpose of the Partisan Politics Subforum?

Psychoclown

Clown Prince of Politics
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Not sure if this is the best place to put it, but it pertains directly to this subforum so I'll put here and let the mods decide.

I've seen it argued that because this subforum is titled Partisan Politics and Political Platforms that it is not only acceptable, but the purpose of this place to deposit various hyper-partisan attacks over non-issues. And that identifying such things as hyper-partisan is pointless and does not contribute. Is this place supposed to be a dumping ground for the BS that rabid left and right post? If it is, fine. I'll let the loonies post their garbage and then scream and rant at each other using their predicatable slurs and talking points. The rest of us can go else where and discuss things that matter in rational and respectful tone.

However, I don't think that is the purpose of this forum. People who aren't blindly and fanatically loyal to one side (or blinded by hatred of the other side) are free to come in here and point out the lies, half truths, hypocrisy, and non-issues the hacks post. I'd say that those posts are far more important and meaningful than the hack attacks that are so often posted in here.

I'd also say that sort of confrontation is best if it comes from within. Reasonable conservatives should confront right wing zealots. Rational liberals should confront foaming at the mouth lefties. Its important for both sides to make it clear that the non-thinking fringe does not represent either of us.

Partisan hacks have every right to post here, but the rest of us have an equal right to call them out on their hackery.

Not sure if this is the best place to put it, but it pertains directly to this subforum so I'll put here and let the mods decide.

I've seen it argued that because this subforum is titled Partisan Politics and Political Platforms that it is not only acceptable, but the purpose of this place to deposit various hyper-partisan attacks over non-issues. And that identifying such things as hyper-partisan is pointless and does not contribute. Is this place supposed to be a dumping ground for the BS that rabid left and right post? If it is, fine. I'll let the loonies post their garbage and then scream and rant at each other using their predicatable slurs and talking points. The rest of us can go else where and discuss things that matter in rational and respectful tone.

However, I don't think that is the purpose of this forum. People who aren't blindly and fanatically loyal to one side (or blinded by hatred of the other side) are free to come in here and point out the lies, half truths, hypocrisy, and non-issues the hacks post. I'd say that those posts are far more important and meaningful than the hack attacks that are so often posted in here.

I'd also say that sort of confrontation is best if it comes from within. Reasonable conservatives should confront right wing zealots. Rational liberals should confront foaming at the mouth lefties. Its important for both sides to make it clear that the non-thinking fringe does not represent either of us.

Partisan hacks have every right to post here, but the rest of us have an equal right to call them out on their hackery.

I think the purpose of this sub forum is to discuss party line/ ideological stances. So in a way you will get the hackery one way or another.

Its also to point out blatant partisan nonsense. We can always mock it though. :mrgreen:

Careful there clown, you're going to upset the nuts who run the asylum. And we wouldn't want that now would we? We all know just how insane their behavior can get when people have the gall to point out their inherent mental psychoses.

Back
Top Bottom