• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is the political-socioeconomic structure of the Pokemon world?

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I'm working on an interesting theory regarding the political structure of pokemon and Team Rocket throughout the franchise using little bits and pieces of how their government is portrayed.

A couple of interesting things that I have discovered.

1. Pokemarts and gyms are free.
2. Lack of colored individuals.
3. Some giant corporations do exist.
4. Elite four act as a type of UN and a professor is one of the most honored positions one can have after Pokemon Master
5. Has no highways, little towns as opposed to big cities. People walk everywhere.
6. Only one ship and/or train throughout the entire world. But these means of transportation are pretty fast yet cost a lot of money unless you make a trade for it or save someone's life.
7. Bikes are a Million Dollars unless you make a trade for it or save someone's life
8. Police appear to be localized and quite lazy making ten year olds go after the bad guys since they have pokemon and the cops do not?
9. You get money for battling badges moves you up in the political world.
10. Technology in pokemon tends to be rather advanced, since they can clone, genetically engineer, and raise pokemon from fossils, but the technology appears to be limited and sometimes doesn't always work well.

Main Controversial Issues:

1. Cloning
2. Pokemon slavery
3. Stealing
4. Rare Pokemon Mystery of origin

Team Rocket/Plasma:

Older Games: Want to take over the world
Newer Games: Want to free Pokemon from their oppressive owners.

I think this is an interesting discussion that we can all have. I have more ideas, this is just a rough idea right now...

Last edited:
Don't forget the entire economy is basically structured around dog fighting, Michle Vick would be a gym leader!

Psh. Celadon and Saffron were big cities.

Back
Top Bottom