• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is the Nature of War?

Try this one Apache. ;)

Then studying Sun Tzu.....would be another.

It's hard to put much stock in the interpretations of Clausewitz's work. He died before it was published, so there's no way to know what he REALLY meant. There's no way of knowing that after hr put those thoughts on paper that he didn't turne around later and say, "naw, that's bull****". HE didn't edit his work prior to it's publication and we can't know what he would have left in, or taken out of his works.

It's hard to put much stock in the interpretations of Clausewitz's work. He died before it was published, so there's no way to know what he REALLY meant. There's no way of knowing that after hr put those thoughts on paper that he didn't turne around later and say, "naw, that's bull****". HE didn't edit his work prior to it's publication and we can't know what he would have left in, or taken out of his works.

Heya Apdst.....are you familiar with the Greek Heraclitus. He said that War is the Father of All Things.

Here is part 1......I think there are six of them Cut down. Then One for like 25 mins straight thru.

Can't say that I have. You recommend?:cool:

Very much. I don't agree with his conclusions on counter insurgency operations, but it's an interesting read.

Very much. I don't agree with his conclusions on counter insurgency operations, but it's an interesting read.

Here is one of my favorites Apdst.....it is by Miyamoto Musashi - The Book of the 5 Rings. ;)

Fair enough. I'll take a look. Normally I'm leery of soldiers who talk politics, but I'll give him a chance.:cool:

Fair enough. I'll take a look. Normally I'm leery of soldiers who talk politics, but I'll give him a chance.:cool:

He doesn't talk politics too much. His pitch is the difference between force management in an, "industrial war"--WW2--and an insurgency and how the days of the industrial war are over.

Back
Top Bottom