• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What is the most boring professional sport?

• Football

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • baseball

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • basketball

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Baseball by far! It is meaningless until september then it is only important to half of the teams at best. Watching guys play catch, crotch grab, spit, and call time out for 3+ hours is almost as bad as watching golf or cars turn left.

For me baseball...is the most boring game ever :mrgreen:

I'm going to have to go with golf. At least with baseball, going to the games can be fun and the commentators attempt to up the excitement. Golf tournaments are only fun if you remain in the beer tent for the entirety of the day and the commentators are more boring then a self-help book on tape.

I don't think golf qualifies as a pro sport. A sport in my view must contain an offense, defense, scoring system, and some sort of athletic ability.

The term sport is vaguely used now a days. Golf is a sport! And i love to watch Golf! I personally think tennis is the dumbest sport to watch. But out of the three choices.. i picked baseball..

AK_Conservative said:
The term sport is vaguely used now a days. Golf is a sport! And i love to watch Golf! I personally think tennis is the dumbest sport to watch. But out of the three choices.. i picked baseball..

Being the old pervert I am I like to watch womens professional tennis.....Loves the skimpy clothes and the sweat.....:lol:

"None of the above" should have been an obvious choice, so I'll add that.:lol:

Golf is without a doubt the most boring pro sport ever in existence.

Of course it's a pro-sport...they get paid, don't they?

As George Carlin said...here we have a sport with the littlest ball in use, and using the largest amount of playing field.

Perhaps I'll take up golf when I'm so old I need a dribble cup to catch the continuous drool running out of my mouth?

independent_thinker2002 said:
Baseball by far! It is meaningless until september then it is only important to half of the teams at best. Watching guys play catch, crotch grab, spit, and call time out for 3+ hours is almost as bad as watching golf or cars turn left.

Golf yes baseball yes now nascar i don't think so.

guns_God_glory said:
Golf yes baseball yes now nascar i don't think so.

I think you would love living next to the interstate.

nascar is by far the most boring sport. it just isnt fun to watch. then i'll say the most boring sport is hockey. being at the staidum is fun to watch but i cant stand watching games on tv and on sportcenter. i just dont care about hockey!!!

Cricket. Painful, pointless and incomprehensible!

knicksin2010 said:
I don't think golf qualifies as a pro sport. A sport in my view must contain an offense, defense, scoring system, and some sort of athletic ability.
I'm not quite sure how to respond to this. You think golf is not a sport?

I chose neihter casue I find them all entertaining. However, I bowling boring to watch I would rather play.

I cannot answer this poll because "curling" is not one of the answers.

Golf is boring.I think it is a something that sissy rich men came up with so they can look macho in front of their misses.swinging at a stationary ball and walking to you golf cart is not a sport.

Hill Billy Racing(NASCAR) is the second most borig sport.They go around in a cricle a hundred times,how in the **** can that be interesting?There is like over 10 or 20 cars on that track and all they do is go around in a ****en circlle.Every once in a blue moon aif you are lucky and do not pass out from the bordem you might actualy get to see a crash.The driver did not accidently loose control of his car ,he ****in fell asleep from the sever bordem of going around in a circle over and over again.

Ahem....Soccer, by far, being that it wasn't in the poll I went with basketball, just cause I can no longer stand the sport and what it has become. Now that I think of it though, the only entertaining thing about basketball is watching what the next idiotic behavioral problem and/or tantrum will be.
:stooges

There are some really ridiculous sports in the Olympics;especially in the summer. Ping-pong and water polo. These folks spend about 1/4 of their life training for this event and there are what, about 20 people in the stands watching? That is a very good indicator of how boring it is.

ddoyle00 said:
There are some really ridiculous sports in the Olympics;especially in the summer. Ping-pong and water polo. These folks spend about 1/4 of their life training for this event and there are what, about 20 people in the stands watching? That is a very good indicator of how boring it is.

Synchronized swimming. jeez. How come they can call that a sport?

I cant watch it without thinking about the Spanish Inquisition:

Mel Brooks: "Bring in the nuns".

:lol:

I say baseball. I'm becoming less and less a pro basketball fan, though. And, I must say, I do like to watch golf.

ddoyle00 said:

a little edification for you. only soccer (football) has more spectators world wide than table tennis and I doubt any other sport has more people playing it seriously. Table Tennis was the first sport to sell out for the Atlanta Olympics and in 2000, when the greatest player in history (Jan Ove Waldner of Sweden) played the Chinese #1 in the finals, the royal family of sweden and the Premier of China both attended. My brother was in Germany for 2 years and every night during the season, the TV's would carry reports on the National league and there would be live coverage on the weekends. IN 1993 I played in the US Open in Indy and my then fiance drove down to watch the semi final mens match between a Chinese star now playing for the USA and a Korean ranked player. She said it was the most awesome sports thing she had ever seen.

few athletes train as many hours and have to learn as many skills as top tt players and with 10 million + serious players in china alone, the athletic talent pool is far far deeper than say sports like diving, skating or gymnastics

Water polo is perhaps the most physically demanding sport-squash, wrestling and road racing bikers are up there too. Its really big in Eastern Europe and hugely popular. Like table tennis its hard to follow on TV hence the armchair jocks don't understand it. At one time, it was the most brutal sport as well as fouls were hard to police and drowning wasn't rare

Is curling a professional sport? I know it's in the olympics but does anyone actually shell out money to pay those people?

Back
Top Bottom