• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What is the most boring professional sport?

What is the most boring professional sport?

• Football

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • baseball

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • basketball

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
F**K PROFESSION BASEBALL! The sport itself is boring to watch. It's players are overpaid. The tickets prices are too high. Why would anyone actually pay to see this sport played? Why would anyone waste time watching it on television? I hope to God that professional baseball dies in America.

Madacapa said:
F**K PROFESSION BASEBALL! The sport itself is boring to watch. It's players are overpaid. The tickets prices are too high. Why would anyone actually pay to see this sport played? Why would anyone waste time watching it on television? I hope to God that professional baseball dies in America.

Whoa... I mean, I think baseball is pretty boring to watch too, but Jesus...

Overpaid? Eh... that's an opinion.. and it's all about supply and demand my friend. Unfortunately, these anti-baseball views don't fit in with mainstream America because people DO pay these high ticket prices and this is why players' salaries are so high in the first place.

Golf. Who wants to watch people ride around on carts and hit stationary balls?

The Real McCoy said:

Overpaid? Eh... that's an opinion.. and it's all about supply and demand my friend. Unfortunately, these anti-baseball views don't fit in with mainstream America because people DO pay these high ticket prices and this is why players' salaries are so high in the first place.

What does Jesus have to do with this? Professional baseball needs a salary cap. Football and Basketball have salary caps. The baseball union went on strike because the owners wanted a salary cap. The average baseball player makes 2.2 million a year. That is why I say F**K professional baseball and the baseball union.

The Real McCoy said:

It has more to do with advertising and television/radio contracts with teams and the league. Only a few teams actually have decent attendance ratings. Selling the naming rights to stadiums has a lot to do with it.

knicksin2010 said:
I don't think golf qualifies as a pro sport. A sport in my view must contain an offense, defense, scoring system, and some sort of athletic ability.

Offense: the golfer

Defense: sand traps, water hazards, trees, etc.

Scoring system: Golf's got one of those

Some sort of athletic ability: Golf's got that too

It's Golf. And its not even a sport. It is a recreational activity.

Billo_Really said:

I agree 100% that golf is the most boring to watch but I don't share your belief that it isn't a sport. It's competitive, requires athletic ability, score is kept, etc.

Baseball is not boring!!!!!:argue

Does this look boring to you? If you're bored, you're boring!;)

me2.jpg

I'm just glad that NASCAR wasn't one of the choices.

Billo_Really said:

Hey I actually agree with you for once.

galenrox said:
How come soccer isn't an option? Christ, if you want to find things that turn people into potheads, you might want to check out televised soccer games!

:2rofll: I've watched many a soccer game baked outta my mind. :smoking:

Deegan said:
Baseball is not boring!!!!!:argue Does this look boring to you? If you're bored, you're boring!;)

Middle of the 7th. Both starters tired. Tied 1 up. Both bullpens loaded with quality left and right hurlers. Both teams loaded with quality switch hitters. Is this boring to you? Then maybe fundamentals have no meaning for you. Go smoke some resin and be bored. I'll smoke some resin and just be starting to get interested. Your team is up. Whatchya gonna do? Oh wait...

Hit ball, run. Yea, I'm sorry, that's boring. What was I thinking?

Deegan looks pretty stoked to me.

I hope you jerks are in the mens room when an unforced play comes to home plate.

I hope you jerks are trying to chew that tasty gum off your shoe when the pop sac fly goes down.

I hope you jerks are confused by that tasty treat inside that peanut shell when the pick off play comes.

And so on...

knicksin2010 said:
I don't think golf qualifies as a pro sport. A sport in my view must contain an offense, defense, scoring system, and some sort of athletic ability.
Agree, golf is a game, not necessarily a sport.
Basketball is too repetitive, become boring
Baseball can be boring, is not really
Football is most interesting, cannot be boring

Back
Top Bottom