• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is the Male Ego?

Justice44

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
What does it mean when it is said men have egos? What does it mean when it is said that you will hurt a guy's ego? I hear these things constantly in relationship advice but I never get the sense that I understand exactly what they are saying. Are they implying men think they are more important than they are? Are they implying that men have more pride than women? What does it mean?

Guys like to hear their dick was big as far as I can tell

It's a perpetuated myth. If you want proof, tell your girlfriend she's put on a few extra pounds. She will lose her freakin' mind.

Men just feel a need to piss on their own territory, like dogs. It's not as much an ego thing. They're just incapable of handling many things with a rational mind when the testosterone starts to pump.

Short explanation of Male Ego, for the benefit of female members:

Men do NOT want to hear that you think:
They have a small or average sized dick.
That they are not the best lover you've ever had.
That you don't think they are tough enough to protect you, or anything that makes them feel like less of a man than Conan.
That you think some other man is more sexually exciting.

Avoid these topics and you will avoid stepping on the Male Ego. If you step on the Male Ego, the reaction you will get will be comparable to if he told you "YES, you DO look fat in that dress!"

Short explanation of Male Ego, for the benefit of female members:

Men do NOT want to hear that you think:
They have a small or average sized dick.
That they are not the best lover you've ever had.
That you don't think they are tough enough to protect you, or anything that makes them feel like less of a man than Conan.
That you think some other man is more sexually exciting.

Avoid these topics and you will avoid stepping on the Male Ego. If you step on the Male Ego, the reaction you will get will be comparable to if he told you "YES, you DO look fat in that dress!"

:confused:It seems to me that there is also a female ego. Can you tell your wife, that she is not the most attractive women in the world. Can you tell your wife that other women are more sexually exciting? How come these things are not perceived as relating to the female ego? It seems to me that the male and female ego pertain to "feelings." I get the impression when people refer to the male ego, they are referring to pride rather than pure feelings.

its between 4 to 10 inches long, tubular in form, with a rounded end... :mrgreen:

It sounds like what everybody here is describing is jealousy: specifically sexual jealousy, and vanity-related insecurity.

All I can say is, get over it quick.
We're none of us getting any younger, and every day there's someone born who will grow up to look better and be a better lover than you.
Find another justification for your existence, one that's not based upon appearance or sexual prowess.
Otherwise, you'll spend the latter half of your life utterly miserable.

Imo, male ego goes way back to the times of knights in shining armor and before. Men are traditionally thought of as the protector and the warrior. Anything that could cast a negative light on their ability to be the best protector and warrior will hurt their self-esteem. It's conditioned into them through the ages, and it's one of the things I absolutely love about men. So go ahead guys- be all that you can be.:)

Great advice...if I had to slay a dragon to get laid.

Oh, but you do. It's the same thing as being the top dog in the office, or the foreman on the construction crew. It's the role of leadership and dominance.

HAHA! Really? If that is the case then there would be no sexism.

A male ego would imply a particular state of mind that every male carries. In the context of this conversation it doesn't exist.

It means we gimp women psychologically to not have them in our society.

Ever see men fight over sports, cards, drinks, who won at pool? If so? That is male ego? :)

Back
Top Bottom