• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is the ideal goal for your life and for society and government?

What should be the ultimate goal for society and government?

• Total voters

Envisioneer

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Please answer the question and/ or critique my answer in a way that is comprehensive and supported by reasons:
The ideal goal of my life and of society should be to make the world a better place. What a better place is exactly can be determined by observation, experience, and critical and creative thinking. We should use science and reason to determine what a better world is like and how to make it happen. One way to determine what is good is by observing ourselves and what we are made of. Society is the most complex, most good, most beautiful system known to man. There is a pattern of increasing beauty, goodness, and complexity as we look at the smallest unit of life to the largest unit of life. The larger it is the longer it lives and the more efficient the system becomes. There is a proven law that demonstrates this trend. We need to grow to stay alive. We are not living if we are not growing in some way. All life must grow or improve itself or it is not life. We need to identify with the most good entity and that is society, so we should include society in our selves and identities. To understand this trend just look at the smallest unit of matter known so far, the particle or the smallest constituents of atoms beyond the proton. It has complex behavior due to its association with various forces and fundamental interactions. It has an meaningful identity composed of its many attributes like its momentum (the direction and speed of its movement) and its relations to space and time. It has tendencies to interact with other entities in certain ways, just like individual people have personalities or tendencies to interact with certain entities. Society also has tendencies to interact with its environment in ways that are more complex and more comprehensible than are particle interactions. Many new laws or phenomenon come into the equation of reality as we move up in scale or magnitude. This description of the fundamentals of life demonstrates what exists and what is most good. Good can be a matter of preference but it is better when it is based on patterns set by reality. We should follow the example set by what has created us which are cells and what creates them which are atoms and particles. We should learn from our creators and follow their example since they have been doing it for an eternity. Just as our creators have created something greater than themselves we must create something greater than has ever been possible at smaller magnitudes. We should make the world a better place by agreeing to give up our ability to do evil or harm just as the particles obey their laws unconditionally in order to create a greater good. We have to set a contract that binds men together so that our fates become shared and united. The greatest goal we can achieve is to connect our consciousness together as our neurons have already done at their magnitude. Let's create the next order of magnitude that is greater than the parts. We need to figure out the way and the technology that is needed to reach this goal of uniting the society. Society will come to live a life of its own when we are ready. After we become a living planetary being we can become a stellar being and then a galactic being and beyond. We need to develop ways and technologies that limit our ability to cause harm to the society. Is there any greater goal and way?

I would say the golden rule, to treat others how we would want to be treated. I think that's the best way to ensure a happy, hopeful, and productive society.

I would say the golden rule, to treat others how we would want to be treated. I think that's the best way to ensure a happy, hopeful, and productive society.

You get into trouble when people might want to mistreat themselves so they could mistreat others and not violate the rule. We would need to agree on a standard way to treat others that everyone would follow and it would need to be enforced, so that their are no opportunities to mistreat others. Many people only do the right thing when they have no other choice unfortunately.

I voted that the noblest goals for humanity are to colonize space and to seek divine ascension.

Ensure that everyone grows up knowing what the paragraph is and how to use it

I have a dream that one day I will live in a society where posters no longer rape my eyes with massive walls of text.

Ensure that everyone grows up knowing what the paragraph is and how to use it

Thank God I wasn't the only one thinking that!

The ultimate goal for government should be to stay out of society. The ultimate goal of society is to police its own.

I believe the ultimate goal of society is freedom in a civilized environment. Freedom brings tolerance, individualism, and with it, the destruction of racism, class-hatred, and all of these other terrible things that plague our society. I know it's an idealist view that can sometimes struggle to translate over to real life, but if one thinks about it deeply, it makes a lot of sense. Restricting freedom in the name of equality or the common "good" has done nothing in human history but cause oppression and suffering.

The first time freedom (I understand slavery was still prevalent) had been embraced on such a large scale resulted in the creation of one of the most successful nations in human history. Go figure.

I believe the ultimate goal of society is freedom in a civilized environment. Freedom brings tolerance, individualism, and with it, the destruction of racism, class-hatred, and all of these other terrible things that plague our society. I know it's an idealist view that can sometimes struggle to translate over to real life, but if one thinks about it deeply, it makes a lot of sense. Restricting freedom in the name of equality or the common "good" has done nothing in human history but cause oppression and suffering.

The first time freedom (I understand slavery was still prevalent) had been embraced on such a large scale resulted in the creation of one of the most successful nations in human history. Go figure.

We should stop using the term freedom since it implies giving people the opportunities to cause harm to others, themselves, or society. When we do not give a psychotic person the "freedom" or ability to have a gun that is a good thing and they are not reasonable enough to be responsible with a gun or weapon. It is just to limit people's opportunities to cause harm based on their past behavior. Freedom or the ability to do good for society is a good thing where as providing the ability or opportunity to do harm is not justified. We could be a lot better nation if we limited people's ability to cause harm, by objectively measuring everyone's mental health and treating them if they are prone to cause someone harm.

Back
Top Bottom