• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is the Hollywood Agenda?

differentDEM

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal

Since the industry's inception it has always pushed a questionable agenda at best.
From film's first blockbuster D.W. Griffith's racist "Birth of a Nation" to Denzel Washington's Oscar winning performance as a corrupt cop in Training Day to even most modern day hip hop music... all portray minorities in an unflattering image.

And I enjoy a good horror movie but, why the overall fascination with the occult?? More importantly, why put these themes in children's entertainment? What purpose do the subliminal messages in Disney films serve?? What is the long term agenda when, industry stalwarts & movie stars say one thing yet do another???
(Video sheds some light)

I belivieve it is called, entertainment-for-profit... The profit-motive - is geared to increase their assets thru income; that is something to equate during during production of any good or service.

I find it fascinating that there are private schools
that make agreements with parents of their students
to keep the kids from all TV, & movies & mass media sorts of crap
until the kids are at least 14, before that, they get to read books,
and talk with their parents & grandparents ( etc... ) but no movies or video games or TV.
Groovie stuff ... no?

If I had kids to raise, this would be the program.

and as we all know .... video games are satanic!

Sex, love, intrigue and crime were and still are the center of profitable films. More than ever money rules. Now wih comperter animaton actors are being eliminated as itis more profitable. Todays blockbusters are usually but not always geared to the young and stupid. The worst time period in the film industry was during the communist witch hunt days of the 50's and 60's. No one dared step out of line and make a statement deemed unstuitable to the powers at bay.

Sex, love, intrigue and crime were and still are the center of profitable films. More than ever money rules. Now wih comperter animaton actors are being eliminated as itis more profitable. Todays blockbusters are usually but not always geared to the young and stupid. The worst time period in the film industry was during the communist witch hunt days of the 50's and 60's. No one dared step out of line and make a statement deemed unstuitable to the powers at bay.

Unless there is VERY strong parental involvement with the kids,
the Media, that is Movies & TV ( & more recently .. VIDEO GAMES )
serve as an input that shapes a kids world view & instills values,
the problem is that there is so little time for parental interaction
and so the kids get to soak up media crap all their waking hours.
NOT A GOOD IDEA. Unfortunately we have a whole generation
that can not tell B movie special effects from reality .... oops!

its a sick sad world!

Film (including video) has the power to affect us in much the same way as real life experience does. The film experience is disarming in that we believe we are in a safe, controlled situation, so we let down the defenses we would normally erect against the "reality" depicted in the film. At a certain level we accept the film "reality" as real, and our bodies respond accordingly. The entertainment value is in this thrill; but, incidentally, we are being conditioned, in just the same way that real life experience conditions us--indeed, programs us.

The thrill factor depends mostly on fear and the violence that precipitates it. The biology of fear is thrilling, and pretty easy to stimulate or a skilled film maker. But as long as it's only greed that motivates hollywood, I don't worry too much about its "agenda", though I wonder about the longer term effects of this steady diet of fear. When the government takes over hollywood I expect the agenda to become quite sinister. I see this has already begun to happen with TV. I worry about very small children "watching" TV. But, who knows, maybe that's how they'll develop some clever internal mechanism to counteract the propaganda value of the medium.

Film makers all over the world do so to express "something". This is rarely in line with everyday life thank God. People for the most part don't pay as much money for typical stories as they do for untypical stories that is why it is "escape". The downside is there is too much sicko, blood thirsty trash floating around now on television as well. This is drive by the investors as opposed to artistic expression hence violence is now art.

Try watching two hours of television without seeing sex. Example you are watching a family show with you kids and on comes an ad for a prime time show or a new movie about to be released including rape, lust, murder,etc. Even commercials are pushing the limits. It's all done in the name of profit and while the govt. spies on us 24 hours a day they do nothing to protect the kids. Then there are shows like Family Guy that have no censorship.

Try watching two hours of television without seeing sex. Example you are watching a family show with you kids and on comes an ad for a prime time show or a new movie about to be released including rape, lust, murder,etc. Even commercials are pushing the limits. It's all done in the name of profit and while the govt. spies on us 24 hours a day they do nothing to protect the kids. Then there are shows like Family Guy that have no censorship.

That is a false statement. Family Guy is censored, both visual and audio. It is a fine adult program, BTW.

Back
Top Bottom