• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is the foundation for your moral and political beliefs?

To be blunt, I would side with the jotnar.
No! You woud abandon humanity?
Lao Tsu would not approve. Neitzsche would follow you, though.

I did not think the mere mention of human well-being would trigger the right wingers so much. Just kidding, yes I did.

Different thread. But I am glad you like astronomy.
What do you mean, different thread?
I couldn't make the picture big enough to tell but it doesn't look like 2 pictures of separate galaxies beside each other. It looks like one picture and the 2 are actually in the early stages of merging.
In fact, the outer spiral arm of the one on the left looks like it is starting to distort.

Thanks for the thanks, but I see it as showing the illogic of your point.
Which it did. That was just the one of the 5 troll responses he chose in lieu of any actual response.

What do you mean, different thread?
I couldn't make the picture big enough to tell but it doesn't look like 2 pictures of separate galaxies beside each other. It looks like one picture and the 2 are actually in the early stages of merging.
I mean, different topic, different thread. But your eyes do not deceive you. NGC 5426 and 5427

I mean, different topic, different thread. But your eyes do not deceive you. NGC 5426 and 5427
Thank you. I'm impressed that you knew that.
I'll have to look up their magnitude and location. I have seen a couple sets of interacting galaxies. M51 and NGC 5195. Also, NGC 2207 and IC 2163. Eventually our galaxy and M31 will do that.

No! You woud abandon humanity?
Lao Tsu would not approve. Neitzsche would follow you, though.
I understand the jotunn to represent the world outside the garths (fenced places,) of tripartite hierarchy and blood sacrifice; i think old Lao would approve.

Thank you. I'm impressed that you knew that.
I'll have to look up their magnitude and location. I have seen a couple sets of interacting galaxies. M51 and NGC 5195. Also, NGC 2207 and IC2163.
I only remembered because it was a recently released photo and I read about it. And the numbers are consecutive. Otherwise, no, I do not have these labels memorized for galaxies.

I only remembered because it was a recently released photo and I read about it. And the numbers are consecutive. Otherwise, no, I do not have these labels memorized for galaxies.
I see they are in Virgo and are magnitude 11.4
Maybe I have seen them. I'd have to check my journal but it doesn't look familiar.
The only thing more beautiful than a large spiral galaxy is two of them merging.

No, one in Hawaii, I think
Cool. You may already know this but our Milky Way Galaxy and the Andromeda Galaxy will merge like that someday. Since they are both spirals it will look much like that.

Cool. You may already know this but our Milky Way Galaxy and the Andromeda Galaxy will merge like that someday. Since they are both spirals it will look much like that.
Yep. And then we will just big in a big, diffuse elliptical galaxy.

Yep. When I was a kid, you could make it out with the naked eye. Well, a fuzzy blob anyway.
It's pretty amazing when you think the light that entered your eyes traveled at 186,00O miles a SECOND for 2.5 million years and ended that journey in your brain.

It's pretty amazing when you think the light that entered your eyes traveled at 186,00O miles a SECOND for 2.5 million years and ended that journey in your brain.
Yes, mindblowing.

Have you ever asked yourself where your moral and political beliefs come from?
If so, did you ever find an answer that satisfied you?
From my father: Think before you speak. Whoever raises their voice first has lost the argument. Re college football — always support the Pacific Coast teams, and NEVER the Big Ten.

From the nuns teaching catechism — social justice. Heaven knows little else of their teaching took hold.

From Father Weibel — Missa Luba is indeed very cool, and my apologies for having laughed, along with the rest of the catechism class, when you played it for us.

I don't have any moral beliefs other than everybody's gotta eat, and nobody gets to own any other person.

My political beliefs are entirely centered on making life difficult for can't adjust to those moral beliefs.

From my father: Think before you speak. Whoever raises their voice first has lost the argument. Re college football — always support the Pacific Coast teams, and NEVER the Big Ten.

From the nuns teaching catechism — social justice. Heaven knows little else of their teaching took hold.

From Father Weibel — Missa Luba is indeed very cool, and my apologies for having laughed, along with the rest of the catechism class, when you played it for us.

Damn. That's a great post. (y)

Back
Top Bottom