• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

what is the Episcopal sect of christinity , and how do you practice it ?

Redbull

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
what's the principals of that sect ?

Does it have different prayers than Catholicism ?

First, a lot of people say that the Episcopal Church is "Catholic lite" - meaning that it's nearly the same as the Catholic Church, but it easier to deal with. The churches are quite different although their liturgical structures are nearly identical.

Second, your question on prayer. Both churches share some of the same prayers. The main prayer difference that I recall is the Hail Mary. That is a very important Catholic prayer that does not exist in the Episcopal Church as far as I know. Episcopalians also do not pray the rosary. They also rarely, if ever, pray to saints - something that is common in Catholicism.

Finally, the best place to learn about the Episcopal Church is to examine its Book of Common Prayer (BCP). It is excellently put together and anyone who reads it will understand exactly what the Church's foundations are.

This is the part of the BCP that explains the Church's beliefs about things like sin, human nature, God, et al.. The answers are very brief and its easy to read: An Outline of the Faith

This is the entire BCP: Table of Contents

First, a lot of people say that the Episcopal Church is "Catholic lite" - meaning that it's nearly the same as the Catholic Church, but it easier to deal with. The churches are quite different although their liturgical structures are nearly identical.

Second, your question on prayer. Both churches share some of the same prayers. The main prayer difference that I recall is the Hail Mary. That is a very important Catholic prayer that does not exist in the Episcopal Church as far as I know. Episcopalians also do not pray the rosary. They also rarely, if ever, pray to saints - something that is common in Catholicism.

Finally, the best place to learn about the Episcopal Church is to examine its Book of Common Prayer (BCP). It is excellently put together and anyone who reads it will understand exactly what the Church's foundations are.

This is the part of the BCP that explains the Church's beliefs about things like sin, human nature, God, et al.. The answers are very brief and its easy to read: An Outline of the Faith

This is the entire BCP: Table of Contents

The glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together. Isaiah 40:5

Is that a morning prayer ? seems like in the BCP you sent me.

The Episcopal Church is the independent American arm of the Anglican Church. It is a reformed catholic church which embraces aspects of orthodox catholic and protestant beliefs and adopts a middle way between them. If you want to understand the theologicaql differences between Anglicanism, Protestantism and Catholicism, you should read The Thirty-Nine Articles of Religion.

Back
Top Bottom