• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is the best use of tax subsidies?

Bill's right. The subsidies should go to oil barons and to research windmill cancer.

Maybe we could increase subsidies for research into cow farts and generously fund democrat foundations and organizations specifically designed to apply for generous government endowments under that guise?

Maybe we could increase subsidies for research into cow farts and generously fund democrat foundations and organizations specifically designed to apply for generous government endowments under that guise?

Sure beats spending it on the screaming carrot's golf trips.

The panels and inverters are rated at 25 years, but panels have been out there longer and are still working.
Most systems do not use batteries, but rather are grid supplements.
Dp ypu hqve a link that explains the system your talking about. Im not an expert on this subject but i do some things sbout it snd i have been under the impression that they all used batteries to store excess energy. I believe that was what bill gates was talking about when he spoke of the need to invest in storage technology because it just isnt adequate yet. Ftom everything i have on the topic he is right.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dp ypu hqve a link that explains the system your talking about. Im not an expert on this subject but i do some things sbout it snd i have been under the impression that they all used batteries to store excess energy. I believe that was what bill gates was talking about when he spoke of the need to invest in storage technology because it just isnt adequate yet. Ftom everything i have on the topic he is right.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Solar panel systems fall into two major categories, off-grid, and Grid tied.
The vast majority are grid tied, this means that do not require batteries, but draw what power
they cannot generate from the grid, here is an example of a grid tied system.
7.56 kW Grid‑Tied Solar System with SolarEdge inverter and 24 Mission Solar 315w Panels - Wholesale Solar
Storage would allow the surplus power generated during sunlight hours to be used for nighttime demand.
Ideal a viable storage solution would allow Spring and Fall Surpluses to be used for higher summer and winter demands.

$17K is a big chunk of change for most people so no the argument is not over considering most people have no money for emergencies, let alone prepaying their electric for the next 10 years

so long as the homeowner's cost of borrowing does not exceed that 5.6% rate of return, it remains beneficial to the homeowner to borrow the cost of the installation
presto! no nest egg required

so long as the homeowner's cost of borrowing does not exceed that 5.6% rate of return, it remains beneficial to the homeowner to borrow the cost of the installation
presto! no nest egg required

Yet the site's estimate had a higher interest rate and excluded origination fees from their calculator, so hocus pocus, try again.

Yet the site's estimate had a higher interest rate and excluded origination fees from their calculator, so hocus pocus, try again.

your post presumes there are no other possible sources of financing at a rate below 5.6%
try again

Back
Top Bottom