• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is the “Antichrist”?

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Please, in your own words (I’m looking right at two or three of you specifically), tell me what the word “Antichrist” means.

I‘m not looking for just a quote from your favorite holy book.
I’m not looking for just a hyperlink to some .org or .com website.

I want to know what YOU specifically mean when you throw that term out there,
I’ve seen it used quite frequently here.

Can the Antichrist be a natural human being? As in, not supernatural?

If the/an “Antichrist” comes, it can only happen with not only god’s knowledge, but also because it’s part of god’s will. Correct?

Nothing unusual or supernatural about it...the word itself literally means against or instead of Christ...some people mistakenly think there is only one, there are many and has been every since the days of the apostles...all people, organizations, or groups that falsely claim to represent Christ or claim to be the Messiah or that oppose Christ and his disciples can accurately be called antichrists...

Please, in your own words (I’m looking right at two or three of you specifically), tell me what the word “Antichrist” means.

If the/an “Antichrist” comes, it can only happen with not only god’s knowledge, but also because it’s part of god’s will. Correct?
Round and round the mulberry bush. I have found 'the bible' to be like a code book in the trades. You can't do this unless, blah, blah, blah.

Round and round the mulberry bush. I have found 'the bible' to be like a code book in the trades. You can't do this unless, blah, blah, blah.
Reminds me of the board game 'Clue.' ----The Anti-Christ did it in the garden disguised as a talking snake using temptation as the weapon of choice.----

...all people, organizations, or groups that falsely claim to represent Christ
First of all, thank you for posting your own words.

Secondly, and on-topic, your quote above can very easily point directly at any and all JW’s, as well as the entire organization.

your quote above can very easily point directly at any and all JW’s, as well as the entire organization.
We follow Christ...we certainly do not oppose him or claim to be him or claim to speak for him...his written word is sufficient enough...

We follow Christ...we certainly do not oppose him or claim to be him or claim to speak for him...his written word is sufficient enough...
That is your claim. However, none of the writings you use were actually written by him.

There is the anti-Christ, which is someone or anyone who's against Jesus Christ.
Then, there is The Anti-Christ, who's associated to end-times, who will deceive people (and nations?), claiming to be Christ or God.

Though he comes as a man, I think he'll also perform miracles that's why he'll fool a lot of people. So, there's something supernatural about him.

The Anti-Christ is part of the fulfillment of the Messianic prophecy. The Messiah came about because of Adam and Eve.
I'm more inclined to think it's happening not because it is the will of God, but because it's part of the "domino effect."
Just as it's not the will of God that Adam and Eve would sin - He didn't make them sin - but that God had the foreknowledge that they will sin.

God knows about the events with the Anti-Christ happening.

Last edited:
Prove Jesus even knew how to write.

He wrote something in the sand while talking to the adulteress.
He knew how to read - He'd been quoting the Old Testament, read from a scroll in Luke 4:16 - therefore, I'm assuming He knew how to write.

The Bible isn't clear though about this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom