• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What is Terrosim?

Trajan Octavian Titus

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Terrorism is getting on a plane with a person of middle eastern descent after 9/11 and even though no matter how tolerant that you may feel that you are, when that arabic person sitting next to you gets up to go to the bathroom, you're still going to clutch onto those arm rests of yours just a little bit tighter and butterfly's will begin to swarm within the pit of your stomach. And that my friends is exactly what the Bin Ladin's and Al-Zarqawis of the world want. Their goal was not to bring down the twin towers on that fateful day but was in fact to force us to look at our neighbors with suspicion, fear and contempt . . . and in that goal it sadly seems they have succeeded. Terrorism is not feeling safe walking down the streets of a foriegn land for fear of being abducted by thieves in the night who have demented aspirations of sawing the head off of the first westerner unfortunate enough to cross their paths. Terrorism is sitting down to lunch, during a beautiful sunny day, at an outdoor Israeli cafe when all of a sudden you hear the blood curdling scream of Allah Ahkbar, then a loud explosion, followed by eternal silence. Terrorism is teaching childrent to hate before they can read, and teaching them how to destroy rather than how to create. Terrorism is the culmination of everything that's wrong and sick in this world, it is the embodiment of all things that are ugly, vile, and evil which we have chosen to ignore until one day we can't ignore it any longer, because it's at our front doorsteps with eyes blazing, wielding an A.K. 47, clutching a butchers knife in its teeth, with a decapitated head in one hand and a Koran in the other. Terrorism is the White House reduced to rubble and the American flag on fire; it is the death of countless innocents sent via satellite dish into every home in the nation. Terrorism is when murderers are awarded the noble peace prize while heroic and righteous men are portrayed as war criminals. Terrorism is showing fear and cowardice in the face of a determined enemy. Terrorism is making back alley deals with evil regimes in order to make a few rich men just a little bit richer and to line the pockets of despots and tyrants while millions of people slowly starve to death. Terrorism is the need of the few outweighing the need of the many. Terrorism is the deaths head, the swashticka, crystal noch and the entifada all rolled into one. Terrorism is a mushroom cloud over the New York skyline. Terrorism is the third world war and the end of our way of life, it is freedom replaced by fear, liberty replaced by lies, and justice replaced by Jihad. Terrrorism is the death of the American dream, it is the age of reason come to a screeching halt and thrown into full reverse. Terrorism is hopelessness incarnate, it is a plague, a cancer on the world and like any other cancer it must be cut out by the roots. To replace hopelessness with hope, ignorance with understanding, and the fear of the unknown with the knowledge of a better tomorrow . . . and in that goal my friends it joyously seems we are suceeding. God bless America and long live a free Iraq.

Terrorism is sitting down to lunch, during a beautiful sunny day, at an outdoor Israeli cafe when all of a sudden you hear the blood curdling scream of Allah Ahkbar, then a loud explosion, followed by eternal silence

Let me guess, so when a Israeli Tank fires onto a building and kills 4 Palestine children, then that's collateral damadge and just an accident and was in retaliation for something somebody else did? And that's not terrorism? Thank God your not part of any Dictionary defintions.

Terrrorism is the death of the American dream
huh? ??? The US middle class has been eroding way before 911; 90% of US Wealth is held by 2% of the population. Maybe you should research outsourcing and offshoring and how NAFTA was going to create a Mexican middle class so they wouldn't be illegals here and would buy our products more--that was the salespitch for NAFTA.

Terrorism is the culmination of everything that's wrong and sick in this world
Your getting funny, troll like, well I fell for it.. Thank you. Love out.

ter·ror ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trr)
n.
Intense, overpowering fear. See Synonyms at fear.
One that instills intense fear: a rabid dog that became the terror of the neighborhood.
The ability to instill intense fear: the terror of jackboots pounding down the street.
Violence committed or threatened by a group to intimidate or coerce a population, as for military or political purposes.
Informal. An annoying or intolerable pest: that little terror of a child.

Dictionary.com

Terrorism is an overused word these days used to incite anomosity towards a particular group. For example, if you think the idea of cops busting into your bedroom terrifying, then technically, they are "terrorists." Although, most thinking people do not consider our boys in blue terrorists. Anyone who instills terror can be considered a terrorist by definition.

For example, when Kerry commented that Iraqi's are terrified by our troops, the folks on the right conveniently spun that into Kerry calling our troops terrorists......:roll:

Captain America said:
Dictionary.com

Terrorism is an overused word these days used to incite anomosity towards a particular group. For example, if you think the idea of cops busting into your bedroom terrifying, then technically, they are "terrorists." Although, most thinking people do not consider our boys in blue terrorists. Anyone who instills terror can be considered a terrorist by definition.

For example, when Kerry commented that Iraqi's are terrified by our troops, the folks on the right conveniently spun that into Kerry calling our troops terrorists......:roll:

oh dictionary uses well I noticed you looked up the wrong word there sport:

ter·ror·ism
ter·ror·ism [térrə rìzzəm]
n
political violence: violence or the threat of violence, especially bombing, kidnapping, and assassination, carried out for political purposes
Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

beyondtherim55008@yahoo.c said:
Let me guess, so when a Israeli Tank fires onto a building and kills 4 Palestine children, then that's collateral damadge and just an accident and was in retaliation for something somebody else did? And that's not terrorism? Thank God your not part of any Dictionary defintions.

huh? ??? The US middle class has been eroding way before 911; 90% of US Wealth is held by 2% of the population. Maybe you should research outsourcing and offshoring and how NAFTA was going to create a Mexican middle class so they wouldn't be illegals here and would buy our products more--that was the salespitch for NAFTA.

Your getting funny, troll like, well I fell for it.. Thank you. Love out.

Yada yada yada, what you posted has absolutely nothing to do with anything it is obvious who's side you are on.

beyondtherim55008@yahoo.c said:
huh? ??? The US middle class has been eroding way before 911; 90% of US Wealth is held by 2% of the population.

I challenge you to back this statistic up. If that were true, by my calculations, 98% of Americans would be making an average of roughly $4,000 a year. This of course is absurdly false.

What IS terrosim? The world may never know...

Terrorism is waking up at 6:30AM to get your kids ready for school and having some fanatic explode a bomb in front of you house so he can kill a perceived enemy and having your windows blown out and waiting for the ambulance to come a get your 8 year old daughter who has almost 50 shards of glass in her body. Terrorism is looking at those scars for 25 years and being reminded of what people will do.

Terrorism isn't only Arabs, it a lot of people of a lot of religions, colors and whatever. Waco and OK taught us that in this country we better not just worry about Osama bin-Laden but we better worry about those other fundamentalists like Pat bin-Robertson and Jerry bin-Falwell, unless their wives kill them first for infidelity

I know terrorism first hand.

In my humble opinion:

I believe that terrorism is any act of war without a legal declaration of war.

maybe I'm nuts though.

Inuyasha said:
Terrorism isn't only Arabs, it a lot of people of a lot of religions, colors and whatever. Waco and OK taught us that in this country we better not just worry about Osama bin-Laden but we better worry about those other fundamentalists like Pat bin-Robertson and Jerry bin-Falwell, unless their wives kill them first for infidelity

Except that, crazy and harmful as they are, Robertson and Falwell and the rest of their ilk don't advocate Christians to kill non-Christians. Throwing televangelists in the same boat with guys like Osama bin Laden is a molehill to mountain comparison.

Inuyasha said:
I know terrorism first hand.

How so?

The Real McCoy said:
Except that, crazy and harmful as they are, Robertson and Falwell and the rest of their ilk don't advocate Christians to kill non-Christians. Throwing televangelists in the same boat with guys like Osama bin Laden is a molehill to mountain comparison.

How so?

That story above is true. It happened to us in 1974 in Madrid. One of the kids has scars on her back from the flying glass and the other on the arm, which was less serious. Still when it happens to you and yours, you stop and think

The word terrorism is just a catch phrase. Meaning is given by the person or persons using it. Typically it is used to instill fear, justify the wanton destruction of those deemed to be terrorists or destroy freedoms.

The Real McCoy said:

/QUOTE]

Wasn't robertson in trouble recently for saying that we should assasinate a political leader? Hmm.... terrorist or not?

Back
Top Bottom