• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is "sexy" dancing?

What dance style is sexy or appealing?

• Exotic (like what you'd see in a club)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Pole

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Belly dancing

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Hip Hop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tap dance

• Ballet

• Whatever the music calls for - it's all good

• Something else not on the list

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Aunt Spiker

Cheese
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I'm sure there are countless others I couldn't think of. . .what type of dance is sexy or appealing? I'm sure some people think all types of dance can be sexy - others are more particular.

Exotic (like what you'd find in a club)
Pole
Disco
Belly
Ballet
Hip-Hop

It's multiple choice.

Last edited:
I'm curious - I was surprised to find out my husband doesn't like pole dancing.
Which is good to know - seeing as how I love it and one day was fully intent on learning how to do it. Now it sounds like it would be a waste of time. . . Then I started to think that perhaps he's not the only person who doesn't like pole dancing.

To each their own I suppose.

Ah! Yeah - I agree with that! Didn't even think about it.

lap dancing

I dont find any of the options particularly sexy. I find it attractive if men can do something with skill. That could be dancing though, but if they are not wearing enough clothes, it might become unsexy.

Last edited:
it's not the dance
it's the dancer

Naked dancing

Also, I am curious why tap dancing is listed when various latin dances are not.

Last edited:
Naked dancing

must have been a typo; surely, lap dancing was intended as a choice

I personally find a guy who can country dance (two-step, country cha-cha, waltz, country swing, half-step) sexy. It is the main thing that initially attracted me to my husband. I took notice of him because he knew how to two-step.

I don't consider the same to be true for women. I do not consider myself sexy when I am couples dancing. I can be a little sexy when I line-dance, but it has more to do with my own additions most of the time, than the dance itself being really sexy.

Naked dancing

I simply couldn't think of much else. . . I drew a blank.

I didn't put fire dancing on the list, either - which is actually what I do often.

Mell said:
I dont find any of the options particularly sexy.

Gee, what a shock. If I wanted to turn you on, I'd offer to do your taxes.

I simply couldn't think of much else. . . I drew a blank.

I didn't put fire dancing on the list, either - which is actually what I do often.

The only other chick I knew who firedanced called herself angelica firestorm. But then I think she turned into a furry and I was so disgusted I lost contact.

LOL - a furry. What a jump

Nope - no furriness here, just chainmaille, bellydancing and fire poi.

Hmm...

If you ever get fed up with your husband, you may send me your resume. :mrgreen:

What kind of maille do you make? PVC or wire?

Hmm...

If you ever get fed up with your husband, you may send me your resume. :mrgreen:

What kind of maille do you make? PVC or wire?

Stainless steel is my preference but I've worked in all metals.

I am very happy to hear that you are not a furry. Furries piss me off.

Butted mail, or have you ever tried to make riveted?

I've done both.

I've made my own rivets and tapped maille just to say I did it - looked like crap but I had a few rings worth done, mucho respect for armorers who did that for a living.

After that I ordered from DcWireworks . . . and then Charles (guy who ran that business) was ****ed up pretty bad in a hit-and-run and his business fell apart - up until then he was a prime US-based supplier for rings. He hand-cut (with wire cutters) all of his rings he sold, which worked against him after the accident. He's fallen off the face of the earth since then - I don't even think he's alive, now, which is rather sad. Everyone just turned on him once he wasn't able to keep the pace with his business - the backlash was quite heinous. He was a veteran and his maille was the only income he had.

Then I ordered from Forth Armory who is no longer in business because of the recession slamming down on the chainmaille circle in general - even Pink Fla isn't around.

If I do more riveted pieces I'll get my supplies from The Ring Lord. . . however, I'd still have to tap the holes. Forth was the only rivet supplier I knew of who did quality stamp, tap and pin - there are some others that I've heard of through the grapevine but I don't know them so I won't order from them.

However, since most of my work is corsetry and jewelry - I use sawcut rings for my maille which produces a snag-free finished piece. . . and when working with silver I solder as needed for strength in some areas. So I prefer a nice hand-cut ring which is top quality from The Ring Lord - nothing machine-punched or snipped.

Last edited:
I dont find any of the options particularly sexy. I find it attractive if men can do something with skill. That could be dancing though, but if they are not wearing enough clothes, it might become unsexy.

True; unlike women, all men have floppy parts.
To me, sexy dancing does not involve having any part of one's body jiggling and flapping around uncontrollably.
If there's some part of your body that's liable to do that, cover it up when you dance.
Which means men- categorically- should be wearing pants, or at least some garment which covers their crotch area, while dancing.
Otherwise, what might've been "sexy" devolves into mere burlesque.
That's my two cents, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom