• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is religion

Human rulers are not qualified to decide what the infinite Universe wants from us. If I were president of the USA I would continue our democratic policies, and our laws that try to prevent people from harming each other.

Maybe you are thinking of fundamentalist Christians, who think everything written by humans in their bible is absolutely true. They are not much wiser than the atheists.

The universe does not want anything from us. It existed for billions of years before we came along and will exist after we have gone.

Human rulers are not qualified to decide what the infinite Universe wants from us. If I were president of the USA I would continue our democratic policies, and our laws that try to prevent people from harming each other.

Maybe you are thinking of fundamentalist Christians, who think everything written by humans in their bible is absolutely true. They are not much wiser than the atheists.

I asked that question to one specific person.
That's the reason for quoting him.

Read what he posted and perhaps you'll understand.

For starters, belief in the immortal soul, hellfire, the trinity, observing so called "Christian" holidays they claim bring honor to God, when in reality, they are steeped in paganism...

For starters, belief in the immortal soul, hellfire, the trinity, observing so called "Christian" holidays they claim bring honor to God, when in reality, they are steeped in paganism...

So, basically any christian denomination except for the JW's.

So, basically any christian denomination except for the JW's.

There are others beside JW's who refuse to believe such lies...

The universe does not want anything from us. It existed for billions of years before we came along and will exist after we have gone.
The universe wants from each of us a death, and for that reason each of us is granted a life. Thus, the question of life and death is the question at the heart of a self-conscious universe. Most of us take the responsibility imposed on us by that question seriously. A few of us shirk that responsibility and crack wise about the rest of us.

If religion reconnects us with something what disconnected us in the first place? And what is the thing we (dis)connect from/to? Where are we that we have lost touch with anything? Aren't we always right where we are? And why isn't that sufficient?

If religion reconnects us with something what disconnected us in the first place? And what is the thing we (dis)connect from/to? Where are we that we have lost touch with anything? Aren't we always right where we are? And why isn't that sufficient?
Embodiment, Spirit, embodied, some right some wrong, and for what? respectively, to answer your questions. Now the hard part: reading.

When primitive people invented thunder and volcano gods what did they gain a connection with?

Embodiment, Spirit, embodied, some right some wrong, and for what? respectively, to answer your questions. Now the hard part: reading.

When did we become disembodied and from what?

When primitive people invented thunder and volcano gods what did they gain a connection with?
They gained a connection to what you've apparently lost a connection to, judging solely from your disconnected posts in this forum over the past eighteen months.
Think about it.
They did.
I'm sure you still can.

Back
Top Bottom