• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Is Political Correctness?

Yea, I had always pictured the General as much more professional than that. I will never understand the RW's fascination with sophomoric, childish behavior.

Are you speaking for the Marine Corp? :lol: I'm sure nothing childish was ever uttered in the barracks.

Ever heard of military bearing? The barracks are different.
Are you speaking for the Marine Corp? :lol: I'm sure nothing childish was ever uttered in the barracks.

Yea, I cant remember the last time I watched it.

I don't watch SNL frequently either, I only come upon clips on occasion when I'm browsing YouTube.

But If I want some really funny comedy, I'll listen to one of Bill Burr's standups.

and conduct and decorum on and off duty.

I always use Full Metal Jacket as an example of the conduct and decorum that the military should be known by ;)

Edit: Oops almost forgot the OPish discussion.
PC, like many other terms should just be done away with and people should just push for people to respect one another.
There is rarely PC in war, especially in the earlier wars of our country's history and especially on top of that the Big Two.
That doesn't mean it was right to act that way but nor should the people of that time be judged by today's standards.
I do think the modern soldier has more respect for the enemy, at least through their speech and everyday practices, than the people of the 20s-40s.
Times and cultures change.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom