• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

what is love

mikhail

blond bombshell
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Say your in the situation where there is someone you really like you make a good fit together and could be happy with.But on the other hand there is someone who makes your heart bounce but is all wrong for you what should you do?

In that situation, I'd choose the first person who I could be happy with

Find someone else who has everything you are looking for.

what should you do?

threesome.jpg

Say your in the situation where there is someone you really like you make a good fit together and could be happy with.But on the other hand there is someone who makes your heart bounce but is all wrong for you what should you do?

The former is love.

The latter is infatuation.

Infatuation passes. Real love generally does not.

Love is an active will - you decide to love someone and overtime it becomes more natural. Often confused with infatuation and desire.

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8
“Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails…”

Above is the definition of love and you may note that all of the words used to describe love are verbs…action words that require action on your part to love someone else.

And taking that action requires a conscious choice on your part…so in the simplest terms…

…love is a choice.

Notice what these verses do not say…that love is kind of special, euphoric feeling that your supposed to experience.

The Triangular Theory of Love might be something interesting for you to read up on.

You are Intimate with #1, which is the feeling that people share with their best friends.
You are Passionate with #2, which is what people call infatuation, crushes, puppy love, etc.

Having a fling with #2 would be pretty fun, but it will only last 2-3 years at most and in the end you’ll be stuck in a loveless relationship with someone who’s “all wrong for you”. Having a relationship with #1 would probably be tolerable, but you will never have that passionate infatuation with them that you feel towards #2.

If you want a safe, stable relationship, you should go with #1. If you want a wild fling, you should go out and find someone new that you’re passionate towards and is more compatible than #2, someone you can eventually build Intimacy with.

In either case, you should avoid #2.

Story of my life.

I've tried the remaining single and bitter method. I don't recommend it.

Go with the one who you enjoy being with most.

Notice what these verses do not say…that love is kind of special, euphoric feeling that your supposed to experience

That's because they were written by a wanker.

Last edited:
1 Corinthians 13: 4-8
“Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails…”

Above is the definition of love and you may note that all of the words used to describe love are verbs…action words that require action on your part to love someone else.

And taking that action requires a conscious choice on your part…so in the simplest terms…

…love is a choice.

Notice what these verses do not say…that love is kind of special, euphoric feeling that your supposed to experience.
Great advice, Baron. Did you catch that, Mikhail? The bible says that to truly be in love, you must believe all things (“One equals one,” “One does not equal one,” “The bible is completely accurate,“ “The bible is full of ****,”) and that you have to hope for all things (which includes hoping your beloved will suffer a fate worse than death, followed by an eternity in hell).

That was so ****ing useful, Baron, we should all immediately convert to Christianity and blindly obey the bible! Praise Jesus!

Last edited:
Moderator's Warning:
Befuddled Stoner, you are banned from this thread.
SIMPLE SUMMARY OF TEMPORARY RULE CHANGES:
- Thread Bans will be issued with a 0 point “Thread Ban Infraction” warning the poster that they are now thread banned and they should not post any further in the thread.
- Staying banned from a thread is not hard coded.
- Any additional posts in a thread after a thread banning will result in a 5 point DBAJ infraction. All subsequent posts after will continue to have a similar infraction levied.
- Thread Bans will always be announced in thread to help with enforcement and notification.
- All are temporary measures until a hard coded “Thread Ban” system is able to be added to the forum.

Moderator's Warning:
The topic of this thread is love, or how to tell love from infatuation. The topic is not about how much some of you hate Paul, or Christianity, or Baron. Stay on topic please.

If someone is all wrong for you and you know it, its best to stay away. In such a situation, I would choose neither.

I have been with the same lady for 12 years now and I get both. I would not settle for less at this point.

How old are you? Because if you're under the age of at least 25, whatever it is probably won't last long-term.

How old are you? Because if you're under the age of at least 25, whatever it is probably won't last long-term.

Ain't that the truth.

I'm surprised by people who marry young. It doesn't surprise me that the divorce rate among them is so high.

Who knows what love is. I know that I love my kids. That's it. As far as romantic love?

I give up.

If all they're good for is making your heart bounce your happiness will be short lived and very inconsistent. The most biggest thing I see is you need to understand yourself and what is important to you. How each of you handle money is very important. If you are frugal don't marry someone who is much less concerned about saving and spending issues. It will make your life miserable once the new wears off. If sex is important to you, don't marry someone who is ambivalent about sex. You can't have it all usually, you are going to have to compromise on some things. But don't compromise on the things you know are part of you and are important.

Back
Top Bottom