• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is Libertarian?

Yeah, that's why I'm still not sure.

The word "libertine" comes to mind, but that's not them either.
Yeah, a libertine is a philanderer.

A "libertarian" is basically anyone who understands/believes that the R's are complete friggin idiots, and the D's are complete friggin idiots, and they don't want to be aligned with either come hell or high water, so the default label is: "Libertarian".

My kind of small (l) libertarian-ism is simple. it's "the government that governs best, governs least. I promote a federal government limited to the chains of the Constitution. I promote the literal construction of The Bill Of Rights. I promote the ideology that assigns the Several States as sovereign and charged with the laboratory experimentation of governing the State as determined by State government of representatives of the people, chosen by the people of the State within the confines of the National Constitution and thereby presenting an example to every other State as actions for determining the best form of government, i.e. States learning from States.

A "libertarian" is basically anyone who understands/believes that the R's are complete friggin idiots, and the D's are complete friggin idiots, and they don't want to be aligned with either come hell or high water, so the default label is: "Libertarian".

Well, it's certainly another party, like the Greens etc, and their platform sound more conservative than balanced. So I guess that they are just replanted cons.

My kind of small (l) libertarian-ism is simple. it's "the government that governs best, governs least. I promote a federal government limited to the chains of the Constitution. I promote the literal construction of The Bill Of Rights. I promote the ideology that assigns the Several States as sovereign and charged with the laboratory experimentation of governing the State as determined by State government of representatives of the people, chosen by the people of the State within the confines of the National Constitution and thereby presenting an example to every other State as actions for determining the best form of government, i.e. States learning from States.

Curious; can you list the things that government is doing that you disagree with?

Right, but the Libertarian party seems to have a platform that is more in line with Republicans. Based on your wants, I should be a libertarian but there's a hole in their rhetoric.

I’m having trouble following your logic, you stat you should be a libertarian but there’s a hole in their rhetoric. I’m not sure you are using the word rhetoric correctly. Are you looking for feel good rhetoric or substance and actions. You follow up just two post later stating that you can’t support the librarian party because they are to murky and don’t know who they are. Well, as explained via multiple excellent post and explanations it may not be the libertarian outlook, it may be you, the square peg trying to fit in a round hole. From my experience reading your posts on this board It would be a stretch to even agree with your advertised lean as a centrist.

I’m having trouble following your logic, you stat you should be a libertarian but there’s a hole in their rhetoric. I’m not sure you are using the word rhetoric correctly. Are you looking for feel good rhetoric or substance and actions. You follow up just two post later stating that you can’t support the librarian party because they are to murky and don’t know who they are. Well, as explained via multiple excellent post and explanations it may not be the libertarian outlook, it may be you, the square peg trying to fit in a round hole. From my experience reading your posts on this board It would be a stretch to even agree with your advertised lean as a centrist.

From the word Libertarian; to maximize freedom, I should be a Libertarian. The Party however proselytizes limited government (a conservative talking point) and very much a state of soft anarchism ala objectivism; a very Randonian philosophy, i.e. social Darwinism, of which I do not agree.

The Libertarian meaning and principal has yet to be explained by anybody in this thread and I defy you to show where it has.

As for personalizing your comments on my political philosophy, I have demonstrated umpteen times in this forum over the years that my issue concerns are indeed a balance between both conservative and liberal, heavily favoring plain common sense. And again I defy you to show where I have demonstrated a penchant for liberal politics.

I'm not in debt and I don't take in freeloaders.

That wasn't the question.

The question was : What's YOUR debt, and HOW MANY live in YOUR household?

From the word Libertarian; to maximize freedom, I should be a Libertarian. The Party however proselytizes limited government (a conservative talking point) and very much a state of soft anarchism ala objectivism; a very Randonian philosophy, i.e. social Darwinism, of which I do not agree.

The Libertarian meaning and principal has yet to be explained by anybody in this thread and I defy you to show where it has.

As for personalizing your comments on my political philosophy, I have demonstrated umpteen times in this forum over the years that my issue concerns are indeed a balance between both conservative and liberal, heavily favoring plain common sense. And again I defy you to show where I have demonstrated a penchant for liberal politics.

Firstly, I have rarely seen the quality of explanations of “libertarian" that has been show in this thread. For you to crap on the genuine explanations is rather shallow at best. You (defy) me to show something that is written in a thread of you're making? Do you insult all and dismiss all that took the time to post?

Secondly, Lets clarify something you posted, you accuse me of personalizing in a negative way your political lean. I suggested you are being disingenuous with your advertises lean and If you don’t like the fact I’m pointing this out or have an opinion I would suggest getting over it.

Thirdly, you may want to pick on someone your own size. I rarely post on your threads but when I do It’s a pleasure to kick your ass in discussion and debate. Please take some time to reflect on your fail, both with me and this lame attention grabbing topic you felt the need to discuss.

Back
Top Bottom