• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is it with the right and the NYTimes?

Nickyjo

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The Times has a liberal editorial policy (including conservative op-eds) and great reporting. The Wall Street Journal has a conservative editorial policy and great reporting. Why do so many on the right freak out at the Times? I dealt with them professionally some years ago, and found their standards to be strict. What gives?

they tell the truth.

The Times has a liberal editorial policy (including conservative op-eds) and great reporting. The Wall Street Journal has a conservative editorial policy and great reporting. Why do so many on the right freak out at the Times? I dealt with them professionally some years ago, and found their standards to be strict. What gives?

It's well known that the NYT has become very biased towards the Democratic party. Almost every NYT article I have read recently was biased against Trump and Republicans.

they tell the truth.
They eventually tell the truth or used to in the last several paragraphs. The first few paragraphs support a Democrat narrative, the last few CYA just in case anyone is reading that far. Those who write headlines at the NYTIMES are evil. Those who read the last paragraph are warriors or very very stupid for paying to get past the paywall. Someone should buy the NYTIMES for a dollar and shutter the old gray bitch. Remember having to buy gloves to read the NYTIMES; it was just as bad then. We know it now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

It's well known that the NYT has become very biased towards the Democratic party. Almost every NYT article I have read recently was biased against Trump and Republicans.

Plus, they don't have any true conservative columnists so 90% of their op-eds are extremely liberal/democrat skewed, 9% are very liberal/democrat skewed, and the 1% left over occasionally see things from a conservative perspective. When it comes to their news coverage it's also biased. It's no longer straight, hard news, but news with leftist opinions sprinkled in.

Only a handful of times a year do they publish anything of note as far as I'm concerned.

:lamo Seriously?

The New York Times is a daily Democratic Party very long political brochure.

If you look at just the NYTimes, the number of times in which they got the central claim of an article wrong...going back any number of years you choose...is fewer than the number of fingers on your hands.

Love them or hate them (and I've definitely hated them at times), they, along with the Washington Post, are an insanely high quality paper of record.

I like the wsj but they are neither conservative or progressive. They are both and they offer balance. I can not say the same about the NYT. In the past they reported with integrity albeit left leaning but didnt mislead. Todays NYT I can not say still has that level of integrity

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Plus, they don't have any true conservative columnists so 90% of their op-eds are extremely liberal/democrat skewed, 9% are very liberal/democrat skewed, and the 1% left over occasionally see things from a conservative perspective. When it comes to their news coverage it's also biased. It's no longer straight, hard news, but news with leftist opinions sprinkled in.

Only a handful of times a year do they publish anything of note as far as I'm concerned.

I very much like & respect the Old Grey Lady. But the bolded is indeed a problem, IMO.

I like the wsj but they are neither conservative or progressive. They are both and they offer balance. I can not say the same about the NYT. In the past they reported with integrity albeit left leaning but didnt mislead. Todays NYT I can not say still has that level of integrity

WSJ has long been one of the best papers in the country. Solid, and to the point. NYT on the other hand, is not just a 'news' paper, though. It has a great deal of cultural content.

As I have noted before, there is no need for bias with Trump. He is so over the top with lies and insults that reporting reality can make one seem biased.

:lamo Seriously?

The New York Times is a daily Democratic Party very long political brochure.

Baloney. I read it every day. I learn positive and negative stuff about both parties. The “kill the messenger” trope lives on.

They eventually tell the truth or used to in the last several paragraphs. The first few paragraphs support a Democrat narrative, the last few CYA just in case anyone is reading that far. Those who write headlines at the NYTIMES are evil. Those who read the last paragraph are warriors or very very stupid for paying to get past the paywall. Someone should buy the NYTIMES for a dollar and shutter the old gray bitch. Remember having to buy gloves to read the NYTIMES; it was just as bad then. We know it now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Sounds like the New York Post is more your speed.

What I said about the WSJ was that it’s editorial policy was conservative even as its straight news stories seemed objective when I used to read it. The attacks on the Times is the same old “liberal media bias” baloney. We are a pretty conservative country compared to other developed nations. Down the middle reporting looks liberal to many of us.

Back
Top Bottom