• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What is Hillary Clinton's Central Message

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
A president needs a center to give the people a sense of where we are going. Barrack Obama's was Healthcare Reform, Bernie Sanders has Wealth Inequality and so far I really have no idea what Hillary is trying to sell America. It seems to simply be "VOTE FOR ME GOD DAMMIT"

A president needs a center to give the people a sense of where we are going. Barrack Obama's was Healthcare Reform, Bernie Sanders has Wealth Inequality and so far I really have no idea what Hillary is trying to sell America. It seems to simply be "VOTE FOR ME GOD DAMMIT"
From what I've seen, Hillary's message is "Vote for me because I'm a woman and 9/11"!

la1iu.jpg

Hillary Clinton's core message is — "Keep the Republicans out of the White House...again".

Honestly, I do not think she has a central message.

Because she has been forced to actually campaign by Sanders mounting the challenge that he has, her campaign message has ended up a mishmash of saying whatever is needed to secure support from whatever demographic audience. She has literally ran down the standard establishment Democrat checklist of initiatives and ideas in an effort to capitalize on as many of them as she can.

Being a woman, being a DC insider, experience on the international stage, fighting for minorities, fighting Wall Street and wealth, fighting against Republicans, minimum wage increase, protect women's rights, going after big oil and coal, environmental rights, more education spending, more social safety net spending, etc. She has said it all, without a central one theme reason to vote for her.

"Fighting for us"... what a bunch of bull****. She is fighting for establishment, and her own aristocracy.

"I'm not bat**** insane."

"I've got cankles, and I'm not afraid to use them."

Maybe it would be .... "Give me your thugs, your super rich,
Your huddled masses yearning to be free of Mexico , Give me your foreign donations and I'll grant your favors “ :lamo

She doesn't have one. But then again, neither does Cruz. The only guys with a true message this year are Sanders and Trump. And honestly, their messages are very similar. Sanders is limited by his lack of depth, but so is Trump. Trump however tends to say many stupid things where Sanders does not.

I have no doubt that Mrs Clinton will try to sell America. One bit at a time to the highest bidder. Her 'foundation' will keep on growing, just like it did when she was SoS.

I'm Hilary Clinton, it's my turn!

I don't know what her central position is other than being the most corporate, bought and paid for candidate of them all.

Agree with them or not, it's not hard to understand where Cruz and Sanders stand on a given issue. Trump is all over the place. First, he's pro life, then pro choice, then back. Same with any issue. Clinton just keeps quiet and says nothing about any issue. That's really the best strategy for getting elected. Don't take any stands, and no one will oppose your position.

I can't find one, but perhaps:

"After too many dicks in the White House, we need a vagina!"

"I can be more like Bernie, see?"

"Women need to have more independence & power, so I'm riding my Husband's coat-tails for all their worth"!

Anything much more than that, escapes me.

Bernie's wife does their taxes. :lamo

I can just see her at the kitchen table with her tax instruction booklet, 1040-EZ form with pencil in hand.

I have to say, I do agree with Bernie's Isreal/Palestinian point of view and approach. Watching the debate, one would certainly think that Hillary was the most jewish person on that stage. Talk about sucking up. Jeeeezus Hillary!

Whatever, no matter how it goes. We're all screwed. Popcorn anybody?

She doesn't have one. But then again, neither does Cruz. The only guys with a true message this year are Sanders and Trump. And honestly, their messages are very similar. Sanders is limited by his lack of depth, but so is Trump. Trump however tends to say many stupid things where Sanders does not.

Sanders says just as many stupid things as Trump does. He is just more lovable when he says them.

But the primary message of both Clinton and Sanders is arguing over who can promise to give the most free stuff and who can force the rich to pay for all of it.

"It's MY turn!"

I'm Hilary Clinton, it's my turn!

I don't know what her central position is other than being the most corporate, bought and paid for candidate of them all.

You beat me to it.

Hillary's message is implicit in her identity. She's been a focus of public attention as a quasi pol in the Clinton administration, a US senator, a presidential candidate in 2008, Obama's secretary of state and now as a long anticipated 2016 presidential candidate. She's embraced the Obama presidency and her publicly held positions are on the pragmatic left. All of this is her implicit message. To add to that some slogan like "New Frontier, Great Society or Compassionate Conservatism would unnecessary and taken as calculating PR.

Hillary's central message is: Pew Polling for President!

She flip-flops so frequently that it's best not to listen to what she actually says. She'll say the opposite at the next press conference.

(ie, the latest, going from "$15 minimum wage is too high!" to "I'd sign that bill", simply because Sanders was getting traction with a part of the base she needs on the point)

She flip-flops so frequently that it's best not to listen to what she actually says. She'll say the opposite at the next press conference.

(ie, the latest, going from "$15 minimum wage is too high!" to "I'd sign that bill", simply because Sanders was getting traction with a part of the base she needs on the point)

She said the same thing last night she's been saying all along: go to a $12 floor nationally, and then go higher in higher-cost regions that can sustain it.

She said the same thing last night she's been saying all along: go to a $12 floor nationally, and then go higher in higher-cost regions that can sustain it.

Which is a wildly different comment then "I've been for $15 all along". She just stood up there and flat out lied and got called out on it on national television.

Trust me. New York definition.

Sanders says just as many stupid things as Trump does. He is just more lovable when he says them.

But the primary message of both Clinton and Sanders is arguing over who can promise to give the most free stuff and who can force the rich to pay for all of it.

Considering that Sanders wants Europeans to start paying for their own defense and the wealthy Persian Gulf nations to handle their own responsibilities for defense, I'd say he's not promising as much free stuff as Hillary.

Back
Top Bottom