• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What is Hillary Clinton's Central Message

Whatever her "core message" is...or if she has no "core message"...

...she is going to be elected president of the United States in November...

...and, along with those who support her, will laugh her butt off at all the people who threw all their petty nonsense her way.

Or at least, that is the way I see it.

Hillary's central message is: Pew Polling for President!

She flip-flops so frequently that it's best not to listen to what she actually says. She'll say the opposite at the next press conference.

(ie, the latest, going from "$15 minimum wage is too high!" to "I'd sign that bill", simply because Sanders was getting traction with a part of the base she needs on the point)

To be fair, i don't agree with a $15 federal minimum wage because i think it's too high, but i'd gladly sign a bill for a $15 federal minimum wage because $15, while not ideal because its too high, is still wayyyyy better than $7.25 because it's far too low.

Which is a wildly different comment then "I've been for $15 all along". She just stood up there and flat out lied and got called out on it on national television.

Can you cite that quote ?

The Dem Debate that took place on 4/14/2016.

That's a no then ??

I can cite this for you, her reasoning for supporting a $12 minimum wage in November :

"But that only works if people remain employed. That’s where Krueger comes back in. Last month, he published an op-ed in the New York Times saying an increase of the minimum wage to $15 an hour could “risk undesirable and unintended consequences.” The reason? There is, Krueger said, “no international comparison” for an increase of that magnitude. We would be sailing into the unknown. “Although some high-wage cities and states could probably absorb a $15 an hour minimum wage with little or no job loss, it is far from clear the same could be said for every state, city and town in the United States,” he added.

Clinton said Krueger’s position is why she supports a $12 an hour minimum wage. “I do take what Alan Krueger said seriously,” she noted, adding that—like Krueger—she supported efforts by individual states and cities to raise their minimum wage. "

Hillary Clinton was right on minimum wage and her rivals were wrong.

Can you cite that quote ?

It's not a quote. She said she supported the Fight for 15 in LA, Seattle, and New York (true) but reiterated the position she's had all along:

The minimum wage at the national level right now is $7.25, right? We want to raise it higher than it ever has been, but we also have to recognize some states and some cities will go higher, and I support that. I have taken my cue from the Democrats in the Senate, led by Senator Patty Murray and others, like my good friend Kirsten Gillibrand, who has said we will set a national level of $12 and then urge any place that can go above it to go above it.

Last election cycle (a mere 2 years ago!) the Dem position, and that of Bernie Sanders, was a $10.10 minimum wage. (For reference, the highest value the federal minimum wage has ever had in today's dollars was $10.38 back in 1968.)

Considering that Sanders wants Europeans to start paying for their own defense and the wealthy Persian Gulf nations to handle their own responsibilities for defense, I'd say he's not promising as much free stuff as Hillary.

That's one thing. But when he promises free health care, free education from pre-pre-school through post-post-college, free family leave, a living wage for everybody, etc. etc. and that includes everybody whether they are in the country legally or not, that's a lot of free stuff.

To be fair, i don't agree with a $15 federal minimum wage because i think it's too high, but i'd gladly sign a bill for a $15 federal minimum wage because $15, while not ideal because its too high, is still wayyyyy better than $7.25 because it's far too low.
Which is why minimum wage should be tied to inflation and cost of living, so we never have to have this argument again.

That's one thing. But when he promises free health care, free education from pre-pre-school through post-post-college, free family leave, a living wage for everybody, etc. etc. and that includes everybody whether they are in the country legally or not, that's a lot of free stuff.
I don't agree with Sanders giving everything to everyone but he's right that the Europeans are takers.

Which is, of course, total horse**** and a complete misrepresentation of his position.

Sanders knows, quite well, that these things are not free. Calling them "free" is dishonest propaganda speak.

Perhaps you don't realize, but Americans are already paying for all these things. The total costs will be lower. These plans will save us money.

A president needs a center to give the people a sense of where we are going. Barrack Obama's was Healthcare Reform, Bernie Sanders has Wealth Inequality and so far I really have no idea what Hillary is trying to sell America. It seems to simply be "VOTE FOR ME GOD DAMMIT"

How about this gem .... "We have a lot of kids who don't know what works means. They think work is a four-letter word." Killary Rotten Clinton :lamo

It's never enough with most liberal democrats , after all it's the taxpayers money ! :roll:

I don't agree with Sanders giving everything to everyone but he's right that the Europeans are takers.

Who isn't when it is offered to them and any strings attached are acceptable?

Which is, of course, total horse**** and a complete misrepresentation of his position.

Sanders knows, quite well, that these things are not free. Calling them "free" is dishonest propaganda speak.

Perhaps you don't realize, but Americans are already paying for all these things. The total costs will be lower. These plans will save us money.

Maybe he knows it, but he sure says it will be free:

Since he first announced his presidential campaign, Bernie Sanders has stuck to one simple promise. One that has many young people, in particular, #feelingthebern: free college.

As Sanders put it in his New Hampshire victory speech: "When we need the best-educated workforce in the world, yes, we are going to make public colleges and universities tuition-free." . . .
Fact-Check: Bernie Sanders Promises Free College. Will It Work? | KPLU News for Seattle and the Northwest

It's never enough with most liberal democrats , after all it's the taxpayers money ! :roll:

But, according to them, it is only the taxpayers who have too much money who will pay for it all.

And alas, due to the serious dumbing down of America, especially those who clamor after Bernie or Hillary, their adoring followers believe that.

"I did not have unethical relations with that server!"

Maybe he knows it, but he sure says it will be free:

Since he first announced his presidential campaign, Bernie Sanders has stuck to one simple promise. One that has many young people, in particular, #feelingthebern: free college.

As Sanders put it in his New Hampshire victory speech: "When we need the best-educated workforce in the world, yes, we are going to make public colleges and universities tuition-free." . . .
Fact-Check: Bernie Sanders Promises Free College. Will It Work? | KPLU News for Seattle and the Northwest

Tuition free is different than free.

A president needs a center to give the people a sense of where we are going. Barrack Obama's was Healthcare Reform, Bernie Sanders has Wealth Inequality and so far I really have no idea what Hillary is trying to sell America. It seems to simply be "VOTE FOR ME GOD DAMMIT"

I think she's trying to sell an experienced competent center-left Presidency. The primary contrast she draws between herself and Sanders is principally one of practicality and the need for realistic change on a gradated scale. Beyond that she frankly isn't as progressive or left wing as Sanders, nor is she anywhere close to as conservative as the Republican candidates. Experience, practicality, history, and relative centrism is her 'message' I think. It isn't raucously exciting but that doesn't mean its flawed.

Tuition free is different than free.

Oh. You mean he is telling the students that they won't have to pay tuition to go to college but they'll have to pay some other way? Perhaps you can point me to a quote or other evidence that he is telling them that because I sure haven't heard him say that myself and I can't find anybody else who will vouch for it either.

But, according to them, it is only the taxpayers who have too much money who will pay for it all.

And alas, due to the serious dumbing down of America, especially those who clamor after Bernie or Hillary, their adoring followers believe that.

Their motto , spend baby spend !!

A president needs a center to give the people a sense of where we are going. Barrack Obama's was Healthcare Reform, Bernie Sanders has Wealth Inequality and so far I really have no idea what Hillary is trying to sell America. It seems to simply be "VOTE FOR ME *** ******"

2008 her motto was, "ready to lead,"

She doesn't have a program, neither do her contenders, they're all just, "Oh, let me be in charge."

She has the most experience for to be in charge.

Last edited:
Perhaps, if tuition free college is such a bad idea, we need to end tuition free K - 12 education as well.

Their motto , spend baby spend !!

That is the number one thing that separates the progressives from the conservatives. The progressives look to government to solve every problem and they really do believe government is more benevolent, honest, trustworthy, and competent to spend the people's money than the people are to spend their own money as they choose. They really do believe the government is a bottomless pit of money and the deficit and debt--at least those run up by progressives--are just numbers of little or no consequence. And they look to government to dictate who will have liberty to do whatever they want and who will not. If Hillary has a central message, it is that, and Bernie isn't all that much different.

Conservatives look to government to find ways to make it attractive and effective for the people to keep and spend their own money and believe that is what creates a free, productive, and sustainable economy that benefits the most people. I'm pretty sure neither Bernie nor Hillary look at it that way.

Simple
" I am woman, hear me bitch"

Back
Top Bottom