• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What is going to be your #1 issue for the 2020 Presidential Election?

What is your #1 issue?

• Economy

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • Health-care

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Supreme Court Justices

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Covid-19

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Violent Crime/Criminal Injustice

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Foreign Affairs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guns

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Abortion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Government Competence

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Other

Votes: 38 41.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You did that in 2016, too, so nothing has changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, I voted against the orange fool in 2016.

Restrained, responsible, and accountable government.

So as I said, you haven’t learned much in four years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I learned that he is one of the least intelligent cult leaders of all time.

That's fine when it is the appropriate standard. It isn't, as the poster stated at the time.

This is silly. It literally cannot tell us nothing.

I don't have a clue what you mean. What is "it" that's the appropriate standard? The death certificate is supposed to tell us how a patient died. 6% of those logged by CDC didn't tell us this and are incomplete, filled out incorrectly. That's all the 6% number tells us - how many were filled out by people who didn't know what they were doing, didn't care, were lazy, or perhaps didn't know HOW the person died, so left that blank. That's all that figure tells us. If you disagree, you'll need to explain but I know you won't or can't.

All caps as if t were a clincher, but it netted empty air. However, you did underscore my point about thinking Justices follow the party of the President who appointed them. Tsk.

The post said, "Just look at the 8 (Democrats) - 2 (Republicans) DC Circuit ruling rationale on the Flynn case." That is a false statement - ignorant or a lie.

I don't have a clue what you mean. What is "it" that's the appropriate standard? The death certificate is supposed to tell us how a patient died. 6% of those logged by CDC didn't tell us this and are incomplete, filled out incorrectly. That's all the 6% number tells us - how many were filled out by people who didn't know what they were doing, didn't care, were lazy, or perhaps didn't know HOW the person died, so left that blank. That's all that figure tells us. If you disagree, you'll need to explain but I know you won't or can't.
If you don't understand something, ask. The 6% is the standard for exclusively COVID-19, which is a useful number. For serious diseases, this portion is far higher. In the case of the coronavirus, comorbidity is not just the norm it's almost exclusive.

The post said, "Just look at the 8 (Democrats) - 2 (Republicans) DC Circuit ruling rationale on the Flynn case." That is a false statement - ignorant or a lie.
It is not even a statement. It is a suggestion to examine the rationale, so it cannot be either true or false.

Just out of curiosity. What is your main motivation for voting for Biden/Trump/Jorgensen/Hawkins?

According to the Pew Research Center, the public's top 5 issues are the Economy, Health-care, Supreme Court Justices, Covid-19 and Violent Crime.

Mine will probably be the economy.

You ask this as if people are on the fence about who they are going to vote for.

There are only two real issues:

1. get rid of Trump

2. keep Trump

He's about six months away from Depends and smashed bananas.

i noticed that's the way Rush and Sean are selling it.

you're a good consumer.

If you don't understand something, ask. The 6% is the standard for exclusively COVID-19, which is a useful number. For serious diseases, this portion is far higher. In the case of the coronavirus, comorbidity is not just the norm it's almost exclusive.

LOL.

OK, so you hear grandma died of "COVID." What killed her? Did she have a stroke, a heart attack, did she contract pneumonia and that ultimately killed her? Did her lungs fill with fluid and she effectively drowned? Did her kidney or liver fail, perhaps in part as a result of drugs used to treat COVID?

Obviously if the death certificate only lists "COVID 19" you have no idea. That's a problem. What it tells us is the death certificate is incomplete, wrong, filled out incorrectly, omits critical information that should be on the form. 6% were like that.

I'll just say, again, that the GOP is spreading lies, their base believes them, and that's a big reason why I will vote straight Democratic ticket for the foreseeable future.

It is not even a statement. It is a suggestion to examine the rationale, so it cannot be either true or false.

The vote wasn't 8 Democrats to 2 Republicans.

Joe is advocating for vigilantism...Joe is not for democracy.

Lies and projection. Your president is the one inciting violence. Your president is the one who refuses to condemn Kyle Rittenhouse. Your president is the one who wants more violence, because he thinks it helps attract voters.

BTW, our country is a democratic republic. Representatives represent us voters.

Very good! Any more high school civics you would like to try to laysplain to me? :lol:

We are not a democracy.

You just said we're a democratic republic, which is by definition a form of democracy. Keeping your story straight is obviously not something you are skilled at. :)

LOL OK, so you hear grandma died of "COVID." What killed her? Did she have a stroke, a heart attack, did she contract pneumonia and that ultimately killed her? Did her lungs fill with fluid and she effectively drowned? Did her kidney or liver fail, perhaps in part as a result of drugs used to treat COVID? Obviously if the death certificate only lists "COVID 19" you have no idea. That's a problem. What it tells us is the death certificate is incomplete, wrong, filled out incorrectly, omits critical information that should be on the form. 6% were like that.
At least you acknowledge that the number is legitimate. That's a start. A lethal disease, say ebola, can have well over half the certificates instead of 6%.

I'll just say, again, that the GOP is spreading lies
You just acknowledged it was not a lie.

their base believes them, and that's a big reason why I will vote straight Democratic ticket for the foreseeable future.
When facts don't matter, they don't.

The vote wasn't 8 Democrats to 2 Republicans.
Which was mostly irrelevant, since it is not the point of the sentence. You could simply have responded to that point, with a possible correction of the secondary detail. Instead, you compounded the situation with an error of your own. Nice.

Too close to truth. BLM and Antifa act fascist.

At least you acknowledge that the number is legitimate. That's a start. A lethal disease, say ebola, can have well over half the certificates instead of 6%.

Sure it's "legitimate" - it tells us the percentage of death certificates filled out incorrectly because they are incomplete.

We know lots of women die from "breast cancer" but the death certificate won't list "breast cancer" as the only cause. Here's one example of how it would be presented in a properly completed death certificate.

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 1.57.35 PM.jpg

In this discussion, the physician or coroner would list COVID 19 on line C. Then lines B and A tell us the progression that ultimately caused death. There's no situation I can imagine where COVID is listed by itself on line A. because it doesn't tell us what actually caused the patient to die - heart failure, massive stroke, lungs filling with fluid and effectively drowning the patient, etc.

Sure it's "legitimate" - it tells us the percentage of death certificates filled out incorrectly because they are incomplete.

We know lots of women die from "breast cancer" but the death certificate won't list "breast cancer" as the only cause. Here's one example of how it would be presented in a properly completed death certificate.

View attachment 67293729

In this discussion, the physician or coroner would list COVID 19 on line C. Then lines B and A tell us the progression that ultimately caused death. There's no situation I can imagine where COVID is listed by itself on line A. because it doesn't tell us what actually caused the patient to die - heart failure, massive stroke, lungs filling with fluid and effectively drowning the patient, etc.
This only gives legitimacy to the claim you said was invalid. If you don't understand what is said, it's better to ask than to make yourself look like a fool, as you did here.

This only gives legitimacy to the claim you said was invalid. If you don't understand what is said, it's better to ask than to make yourself look like a fool, as you did here.

I don't understand your comment. How does 'this' 'give legitimacy' to the false claim that the table showed only 6% didn't have a comorbidity?

He's about six months away from Depends and smashed bananas.

He can still drink water with one hand, and hasn't made two 'secret' trips to the hospital in the last six months. By the way, I can document my comment, yours is just 'hot air'.

Too close to truth. BLM and Antifa act fascist.

:lol:

By which you mean they won't lie down and die on request.

Lies and projection. Your president is the one inciting violence. Your president is the one who refuses to condemn Kyle Rittenhouse. Your president is the one who wants more violence, because he thinks it helps attract voters.

Very good! Any more high school civics you would like to try to laysplain to me? :lol:

You just said we're a democratic republic, which is by definition a form of democracy. Keeping your story straight is obviously not something you are skilled at. :)

The toad mayor from Portland said Trump incited violence. Joe, at least, said Trump coming to Kenosha would incite violence. More than just those have implied that Trump is the inciter of the violence. Also, is it Trump's fault Trump brings the fascist anarchists to a fever pitch?

Last edited:
I'm voting for the upkeep of the American Constitution. I'm voting for Trump.

If you support the constitution why would you vote for someone who doesn’t believe in separation of powers in the Federal Government and who thinks his power is “total” even when it comes to powers granted to the states.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am not concerned about Covid-19. Based on recent CDC analysis, only 6% of all Covid-related deaths were actually caused by Covid-19 alone. The remaining 94% were of those on average with 2 or more pre-existing co-morbidities, and the vast majority of all all deaths are people 65 and older. COVID-19 Provisional Counts - Weekly Updates by Select Demographic and Geographic Characteristics

My original analysis has been proven correct. If people were made aware of the above by an honest MSM, then IMO the scaremongering would be less effective. That most people would begin demanding re-opening and removal of required "protections" except when in danger of encountering those at greatest risk.

I am not that concerned about healthcare, as I am solid as a rock.

My concerns, in order of importance are 1. 2A rights, 2. SCOTUS/Federal Court appointments of original intent interpretations (to protect the 2A & 1A individual rights), and 3. The economy.

So I pick SCOTUS appointments. We've recently seen how the Courts skew to "activism" when Democrats are appointed. Just look at the 8 (Democrats) - 2 (Republicans) DC Circuit ruling rationale on the Flynn case. Weak sauce on fishy partisan bias.

The 6% number is just something ginned up by QAnon nut jobs and then promoted by Trump. According to the CDC in 92% of deaths that mention COVID-19 it is the underlying cause.

The term “Only 6%” trended widely on Twitter over the weekend as supporters of the QAnon conspiracy theory promoted tweets that falsely suggested the CDC had updated its records to show that only 6% of U.S. deaths tied to COVID-19 were legitimate. President Donald Trump was among those who tweeted the information, which was later taken down by Twitter for violating platform rules.

“The underlying cause of death is the condition that began the chain of events that ultimately led to the person’s death," Dr. Robert Anderson, who oversees the CDC’s death statistics work, said in a statement. “In 92% of all deaths that mention COVID-19, COVID-19 is listed as the underlying cause of death."

CDC has not reduced the death count related to COVID-19 - ABC News

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity. What is your main motivation for voting for Biden/Trump/Jorgensen/Hawkins?

According to the Pew Research Center, the public's top 5 issues are the Economy, Health-care, Supreme Court Justices, Covid-19 and Violent Crime.

Mine will probably be the economy.

Interesting poll.

It shows that people are not aware of what motivates them most.

I don't understand your comment. How does 'this' 'give legitimacy' to the false claim that the table showed only 6% didn't have a comorbidity?
Give it up. You have the whole thing so screwed up in your head that you have no idea where you went wrong. It is sufficient to say that you called someone a liar when they weren't.

:lol By which you mean they won't lie down and die on request.
That's President Trump and you have never forgiven him.

Back
Top Bottom