• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is God up to today? -Peace

What is God up to today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Religion is a set of beliefs, usually told to you at a young age, so you have an emotional attachment to factually incorrect ideas which work in theory but not in practice. As for God being 'mysterious', I find it even more of a mystery why he only seems to be able to show up on a toasted cheese sandwich.

whatever he wants to be up to.......he's God......we are his creations.....we are his playthings......

"Playthings?"

The difference between church and an AA meeting is that at an AA meeting you will encounter sick people trying to get better. In church you will encounter people who are sick and want to tell you how YOU should be more like them.

I walk with the God of my understanding, and as I understand. I asked Him to keep me sober. It's been working for 3 and a half decades and I am living the happiest days I have ever known. And I know they will continue as long as I don't set foot in a church.

I don't think God likes religion very much. He says "come to me and I will give you peace." He doesn't say go to church and tithe big and do what THEY tell you. He says "look at that homeless man over there" and in church they create a program with a paid manager and staff and deliver about 4% of their funds to actual poor people after they have asked if the poor guy believes in God.

You want to please God? Don't pray and ask for shit, go buy a homeless man a meal and you will see God if you know what to look for.

Jesus never started a religion, he started what was called "the way" as a Jew. It changed significantly after Paul and his Roman masters became the leaders, They created a new religion with a Pope, priests, bishops, cardinals and men who like little boys. When Rome repents and gives away all its billions, I will admit they deserve basic human rights.

Until then, they can **** off!

I think he just got bored and buggered off to some other universe.

Something. He came by today and we drank a bottle of port and watched the latest episode of, "The Last of Us."

I think he was up to sticking a turd in the middle of the woodland path to christen my new boots. Real nice of him!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom