• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is deadnaming, and how to avoid it

You call them delusional, so yes you have.
Saying they are delusional is not saying they are less than equal.

There is nothing wrong with "deadnaming" a person if the intent is not negative.

Saying they are delusional is not saying they are less than equal.
There is no evidence that transgdered people are delusional. There is medical proof of their psychological-biological gender disconnect in the brain.

Male, female and transgender brains

“The male and female brain have structural differences,” he says. Men and women tend to have different volumes in certain areas of the brain.

“When we look at the transgender brain, we see that the brain resembles the gender that the person identifies as,” Dr. Altinay says. For example, a person who is born with a penis but ends up identifying as a female often actually has some of the structural characteristics of a “female” brain.

And the brain similarities aren’t only structural.

“We’re also finding some functional similarities between the transgender brain and its identified gender,” Dr. Altinay says.

In studies that use MRIs to take images of the brain as people perform tasks, the brain activity of transgender people tends to look like that of the gender they identify with.

“Research in these areas is extremely limited, and more research needs to be done to find conclusive results,” Dr. Altinay notes. “But we’re already seeing definite trends.”

Though these differences in brain structure and function are important markers for gender determination, it isn’t always as simple as male or female.

Some research shows the brains of transgender people are somewhere in between, sharing characteristics of both male and female brains, Dr. Altinay says.

This is consistent with the growing understanding that gender exists on a spectrum, with people identifying not only as male or female but also as genderqueer, genderfluid or nonbinary. These terms refer to gender identities that incorporate a variety of gender characteristics.

If they were actually delusional then Dr. Altinay would prescribe meds for delusions and not hormones.

There is nothing wrong with "deadnaming" a person if the intent is not negative.
What other possible intent is there to dead name someone if it isn't negative and to be insulting? If it was a legitimate mistake then you apologize and don't do it again.

I seriously doubt many transgender people will be upset by this unless you're doing it on purpose.

This is just for the woke people to shame others that's kind of what work is all about. Signal your virtue and if you can't shame those who engage in wrong things.

Basically it's the same thing the popular kids would do in high school these are people that just haven't grown out of it.

There is no evidence that transgdered people are delusional. There is medical proof of their psychological-biological gender disconnect in the brain.
Again, that "medical proof" is never, ever required in any legal and most social contexts when it comes to gender identity. All one need do -- entirely counter to the reality of one's DNA -- is assert they "feel" like they're another gender.

1612047106198.png

What other possible intent is there to dead name someone if it isn't negative and to be insulting? If it was a legitimate mistake then you apologize and don't do it again.
Again, that "medical proof" is never, ever required in any legal and most social contexts when it comes to gender identity. All one need do -- entirely counter to the reality of one's DNA -- is assert they "feel" like they're another gender.

View attachment 67316046
Do you really think that a MD, such as an endocrinologist would prescribe gender hormones if the person was actually delusional instead? Mental illness other than gender dysphoria is ruled out/ and treated before this diagnosis is made.

the son and easy thing to do you can't just delete someone from your mind. If you use known someone by their name for 25-30 years they want to be called something else chances are you're going to do it again. I would think a trans person would understand this and I would explain to them if it was me. That they aren't a different person to me. Did the same person they always were nothing changes that should be comforting if anything. And yes I would try to not do that anymore but sometimes people make mistakes

Do you really think that a MD, such as an endocrinologist would prescribe gender hormones if the person was actually delusional instead? Mental illness other than gender dysphoria is ruled out/ and treated before this diagnosis is made.
Yes.

So a person that thinks that they are able to fly is not delusional at all? They just have a 'not able to fly disconnect' in the brain?
I talked with my daughter and her Gender Fluid friend today about it and she was fine with being referred to by her old name since I have known her since she was three years old (17 now). She said that there is nothing wrong with calling a person by their old name unless the intent, as I said, is to be negative. We all agreed that a person should not throw away who they were either... Bruce Jenner was Bruce... now Caitlin. Nothing wrong with that but when Bruce won the gold, it was Bruce. Nobody should get upset about it but the people involved and certainly not people who are not within the spectrum at all.

the son and easy thing to do you can't just delete someone from your mind. If you use known someone by their name for 25-30 years they want to be called something else chances are you're going to do it again. I would think a trans person would understand this and I would explain to them if it was me. That they aren't a different person to me. Did the same person they always were nothing changes that should be comforting if anything. And yes I would try to not do that anymore but sometimes people make mistakes
In my experience they are fine with it... I teach kids every year going through this stuff. NONE have had a problem with teachers messing up... even for a period of time. The people that have a problem are the oversensitive liberal cops that think that they have to shame people that don't agree with them,

I doubt that you are around any of the people going through this for any substantial amount of time... like daily interaction, hour after hour.

I had a girl transitioning to boy at 13. Looked like a girl. Shaped like a girl. Sounds like a girl. Hangs out with all the girls. Dresses like a girl. Wants to be a boy.

I can't remember how many times I would say, "girls, pack up" or "sure, you girls can go to the bathroom."

I seriously doubt many transgender people will be upset by this unless you're doing it on purpose.

This is just for the woke people to shame others that's kind of what work is all about. Signal your virtue and if you can't shame those who engage in wrong things.

Basically it's the same thing the popular kids would do in high school these are people that just haven't grown out of it.
That is my point... agreed.

In my experience they are fine with it... I teach kids every year going through this stuff. NONE have had a problem with teachers messing up... even for a period of time. The people that have a problem are the oversensitive liberal cops that think that they have to shame people that don't agree with them,
I don't even think they're oversensitive now I think they're just looking for a way to attack you to boost themselves.

I'm reminded of Bible thumpers that used to be offended about kids dancing or sexual innuendo. That's what these people are they're nosy bossy Church ladies.

I doubt that you are around any of the people going through this for any substantial amount of time... like daily interaction, hour after hour.
I find being a sexual minority sometimes people treat you like a token so they can walk around and tell everyone they have a gay friend. It's nothing more than to show people how accepting you are I find this condescending because they want my friendship for selfish reasons not to really be my friend.

I would think people would treat transgender folks the same way and I'm willing to bet they do not like it one bit.

I don't even think they're oversensitive now I think they're just looking for a way to attack you to boost themselves.

I'm reminded of Bible thumpers that used to be offended about kids dancing or sexual innuendo. That's what these people are they're nosy bossy Church ladies.
The best part is at 2:30

I find being a sexual minority sometimes people treat you like a token so they can walk around and tell everyone they have a gay friend. It's nothing more than to show people how accepting you are I find this condescending because they want my friendship for selfish reasons not to really be my friend.

I would think people would treat transgender folks the same way and I'm willing to bet they do not like it one bit.
You are my gay friend... right? ;)

You are my gay friend... right? ;)
Be sure to introduce me that way. People just love that... Nat really anymore being gay is passé now, it's all about gender non-conforming, non binary demisexuals. (Straight white people who need a minority status for woke street cred.)

Be sure to introduce me that way. People just love that... Nat really anymore being gay is passé now, it's all about gender non-conforming, non binary demisexuals. (Straight white people who need a minority status for woke street cred.)
I love the line in Pitch Perfect where one of the ladies says, "I am a gay black woman, it doesn't get any more minority than that" or something close LOL

So a person that thinks that they are able to fly is not delusional at all? They just have a 'not able to fly disconnect' in the brain?
I talked with my daughter and her Gender Fluid friend today about it and she was fine with being referred to by her old name since I have known her since she was three years old (17 now). She said that there is nothing wrong with calling a person by their old name unless the intent, as I said, is to be negative. We all agreed that a person should not throw away who they were either... Bruce Jenner was Bruce... now Caitlin. Nothing wrong with that but when Bruce won the gold, it was Bruce. Nobody should get upset about it but the people involved and certainly not people who are not within the spectrum at all.

This is one of your more absurd arguments. How can you possibly compare gender identity with the claim of an ability to fly? This is similar to the argument against LGBT marriage claiming that people will want to marry trees and cars if LGBT people have equal marriage rights to heterosexuals.

Someone who is gender fluid is different than someone who is transgdered, or don't you understand the difference between gender fluid and transgendered?

This is one of your more absurd arguments. How can you possibly compare gender identity with the claim of an ability to fly? This is similar to the argument against LGBT marriage claiming that people will want to marry trees and cars if LGBT people have equal marriage rights to heterosexuals.

Someone who is gender fluid is different than someone who is transgdered, or don't you understand the difference between gender fluid and transgendered?
Women are marrying trees

Does the US Constitution apply in Mexico?
Straw Man.

The US Constitution has nothing to do with the mental welfare of gender identity.

Try again?

Not deadnaming a trans person is so simple. All you have to do is change the name by which you refer to them. We do this all the time with last names; why not extend this to first names?

Unfortunately, some people are stuck in their gender dogma and refuse to call trans people by the name that they have taken. You wouldn't want to be misnamed; why would you deliberately misname someone else?
Calling someone by their correct name regarding their correct sex is not dogma.

The dogma is actually the left wing position of the progressive religion which states that changing ones gender is possible.

Straw Man.

The US Constitution has nothing to do with the mental welfare of gender identity.

Try again?
We are talking about US marriage law, so the US Constitution is critical, just as it does with equal rights for transgender people.

What transgendered mental welfare are you referring to?

Back
Top Bottom