• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Is Christian Nationalism?

This is their own words and they are hypocrites. Or really bad liars.,

This is impossible without a theocracy. They admit that they want christian laws. That is a theocracy.

No, it isn't. A theocracy is run by priests, or someone supposedly close to God, like the pope.

A privileged position (for their own sect) of Christianity violates both religious clauses that keep religion out of government and treats all religions and the lack of belief as equals.

Religion has never been out of the US government. Congressional sessions are opened with a prayer. The US dollar says "In God We Trust" on it. Politicians and bureaucrats take oaths with their hand on the Bible.

The claim is for Christians, not Republican Christians. More than half of Democrats are Christians.

Democratic Christians don't support christian nationalism. That is a very conservative idea that is supported by faith and flag Christians(fascists)
So all Christians are cross burners? Gimme a break, and remember Democrats were the party of the KKK.

I didn't say that. Only a small demographics of Christians support the Klan. Those people are christian nationalists.
Provide some examples.
Their own words say that they want to enforce conservative christian beliefs as secular law. That is the goal of christian nationalists. Why are you being so obtuse on this issue? These people are not tolerant and rational. These are people who agree with MTG, Trump and Boebert.

The USA was not ever created to be a christian country. The framers were very clear on this issue that we all had equal religious freedom and the government and our laws was to be kept free of religious beliefs. Christian nationalists oppose that idea.

No, it isn't. A theocracy is run by priests, or someone supposedly close to God, like the pope.

This is their goal.
Religion has never been out of the US government. Congressional sessions are opened with a prayer. The US dollar says "In God We Trust" on it. Politicians and bureaucrats take oaths with their hand on the Bible.
Those ideas violate the separation of church and state and must be stopped.

Last edited:
Specifics, please.

That is specific.

I’m not doing the homework for a guy so ignorant on the topic of Christian Nationalism that he thought it meant “Christians who happened to also be nationalists” before this thread.

...when you resort to the use of nuclear threats on a neighboring country despite the fact that a nuclear bomb does not respect national borders and does not distinguish between good people and evil ones, but you seek and receive the blessing of your Christian patriarch to go ahead and use them anyway.

---Some of you may be asking how that's any different from the USA especially considering the fact that we're the only ones who have ever used a nuke so far.
Here's the difference: Putin WILL without question seek the blessings of his patriarch, Bishop Kirill, and he WILL advertise this fact heavily to the Russian people, either before or after he drops the bombs.

Here in the USA, we used it in time of war where the adversary had declared war on US and used it only in defense, plus.....................................

WE NEVER ASKED FOR THE BLESSINGS OF ANY GODDAMN CHURCH.
What a name. Do you play chess?

That is specific.

No it isn't.

I’m not doing the homework for a guy so ignorant on the topic of Christian Nationalism that he thought it meant “Christians who happened to also be nationalists” before this thread.

In other words, you have zero evidence.

Democratic christian dont support christian nationalism. That is a very conservative idea that is supported by faith and flag christians(fascists)

So Francis Bellamy was a fascist?

I didnt say that. Only a small demographics of Christians support the Klan. Those people are christian nationalists.

Their own words say that they want to enforce conservative christian beliefs as secualr law. That is the goal of christian nationalists. Why are you being so obtuse on this issue?

Quote some of them.

These people are not tolerant and rational. This is people who agree with MTG, Trump and Boebert.

Trump!?!?

The USA was not ever created to be a christian country. The framers were very clear on this issue that we all had equal religious freedom and the government and our laws was to be kept free of religious beliefs. Christian nationalists oppose that idea.

No, they prohibited the establishment of a state religion. There is no way a religious person can write laws for other people to obey without being influenced by their own religious beliefs.

They are not going to be stopped, and virtually nobody wants them stopped.

This is their goal.
Those ideas violate the separation of church and state and should be stopped.
In some ways yes. Under god was added later.
Quote some of them.

Trump!?!?

No, they prohibited the establishment of a state religion. There is no way a religious person can write laws for other people to obey without being influenced by their own religious beliefs.
That is not what the Establishment clauses does. Dont try to be pedantic on the issue. The framers were very clear that religion and the government was to be kept separate. They never once said that the state and religion could mingle but not to the point of establishing a government religion. You claim to be a libertarian, so why are you supporting a christian theocracy?

James madision,
During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity, in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution. Enquire of the Teachers of Christianity for the ages in which it appeared in its greatest lustre; those of every sect, point to the ages prior to its incorporation with Civil policy.

“The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe in blood for centuries.​

These are Jeffersons words in the latter to the Danbury Baptists that has been used to define the Establishment clause for over 100 years.
Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God; that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship; that the legislative powers of the government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between church and State.
Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore man to all of his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

They are not going to be stopped, and virtually nobody wants them stopped.
They are going to be stopped. All religions including the lack of belief are not represented equally. Keep religion and government absolutely separate.

What a name. Do you play chess?

Sort of, I haven't played much in years, but the nickname is adapted from a bar in Chicago owned by Buddy Guy, the Checkerboard Lounge....and an experience I had
with plant security at Lockheed Martin.

Sort of, I haven't played much in years, but the nickname is adapted from a bar in Chicago owned by Buddy Guy, the Checkerboard Lounge....and an experience I had
with plant security at Lockheed Martin.
Did you strangle someone?

I like how those that support Christian Theocracy here in the US also define the end zone on what that exactly is, as if we will suddenly agree and ignore their efforts.

The term may be new - but the sentiment, not so.

Christian nationalists assert that America is and must remain a “Christian nation”...
Surely, Christians among the first settlers/pioneers in this country had felt that same "CHRISTIAN NATIONALISM," though they haven't had a name for it.

Overwhelming majority were Christians. From various parts of Europe.
They braved and forged a new land.
To many of them - they saw the new land as their "promised land."
A feeling of territorial privilege, must've been overwhelming!
Key words in your post are Christian, Europe, territorial privilege. You got it exactly right. The correct name for this movement, the quiet part, that is, is WHITE Christian Nationalists. In fact, Hitler viewed the annihilation of indigenous peoples here in America as a roadmap to his Reich.

Did you strangle someone?
Uhhh, no.
Why is this suddenly about me? 😆

Security was super duper tight what with it being just after 9/11 happened.
They were using the mirrors to look under cars, hood and trunk inspections, interior, etc.
Then they read our ID's and what not.
First day reporting for work and they pulled me aside and gave me "the Muslim test" because...well...it was Tex-ass and I was hairy swarthy and olive skinned.
And they jokingly asked how many people I'VE strangled.

My crew knew my little band had played the Checkerboard Lounge once or twice opening for Buddy Guy and that's how I became "Checkerboard Strangler".
Chicks dig the name or so I heard*

*actually that was ANOTHER rejoinder yelled out by someone in my crew.

Lisa said:
"The USA was not ever created to be a christian country. The framers were very clear on this issue that we all had equal religious freedom and the government and our laws was to be kept free of religious beliefs. Christian nationalists oppose that idea."

That's wrong. The Supreme Court doesn't support that either. Before the secularists and libs get too cocky over their beliefs regarding the Constitution, they should understand the following, which was written as part of the majority ruling in the below-referenced case:

In the landmark case School District of Abington Township v. Schempp, the U.S. Supreme Court recognized that "the State may not establish a 'religion of secularism' in the sense of affirmatively opposing or showing hostility to religion, thus 'preferring those who believe in no religion over those who do believe." - Sch. Dist. of Abington Twp. v. Schempp, 374 U.S. 203, 225 (1963)

Democratic Christians don't support christian nationalism. That is a very conservative idea that is supported by faith and flag Christians(fascists)

I didn't say that. Only a small demographics of Christians support the Klan. Those people are christian nationalists.

Their own words say that they want to enforce conservative christian beliefs as secular law. That is the goal of christian nationalists. Why are you being so obtuse on this issue? These people are not tolerant and rational. These are people who agree with MTG, Trump and Boebert.

This is their goal.

The clear separation of church and state is so that every American has the right to a secular government as a matter of personal religious liberty.

Lisa said:
"The USA was not ever created to be a christian country. The framers were very clear on this issue that we all had equal religious freedom and the government and our laws was to be kept free of religious beliefs. Christian nationalists oppose that idea."

That's wrong. The Supreme Court doesn't support that either. Before the secularists and libs get too cocky over their beliefs regarding the Constitution, they should understand the following, which was written as part of the majority ruling in the below-referenced case:

In the landmark case School District of Abington Township v. Schempp, the U.S. Supreme Court recognized that "the State may not establish a 'religion of secularism' in the sense of affirmatively opposing or showing hostility to religion, thus 'preferring those who believe in no religion over those who do believe." - Sch. Dist. of Abington Twp. v. Schempp, 374 U.S. 203, 225 (1963)
The separation of church and state is not endorsing atheism or religious secularism. I have explained this to you before.

If the state showed favoritism/endorsed secularism as a belief then the state has taken a side, which would be unconstitutional. The state is to remain neutral on the issue of religion. The fact that religious people are prevented from trampling on the religious and secular rights of others does not mean that the state has supported secularism as a belief. I am a secular humanist and the state cannot endorse or show favoritism to that idea without also violating the separation of church and state. How do I get you to understand that the state must remain neutral so as to protect and obey the wall of separation of church and state?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom