• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is a woman? What is a man?

MrNiceGuy

Symbiotic Pnemonic
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
What's the definition, or what are the definitions, if there are multiple usages.

To me, I define a woman as an adult human female, and a man as an an adult human male.

Female as denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) which can be fertilized by male gametes. I define male as denoting the sex that produces small, typically motile gametes, especially spermatozoa, with which a female may be fertilized or inseminated to produce offspring.

These definitions do not require that a primate be fertile in order to be considered male or female. In primates as in other mammals, the sex is determined chromosomally, so an infertile female is still female, etc. But an analysis of chromosomes.

Humans have a lot of different ways of thinking about things, and complex emotional and psychiatric thoughts and feelings. So, it is certainly possible that a person will "identify" as something other than their sex, and therefore they might call themselves a woman or a man, when their sex is not female or male, etc. However, that doesn't change their sex. The person would still be a sexually a woman or a man, without reference to gender identity.

That's a simplistic view, what about people who have a vagina and a penis? Who have external testes and internal ovaries, and vice versa?

And then the important question, why the hell does it matter if someone biologically man or woman has the brain telling them they are the opposite sex and wants to be considered the opposite sex? It doesn't except for shitty humans, who typically tend to be religions nutjobs

The Brain is very complex, so simple minded people can't break it down into black or white, reality doesn't work that way

“In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.”​

― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

What's the definition, or what are the definitions, if there are multiple usages.

To me, I define a woman as an adult human female, and a man as an an adult human male.

Female as denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) which can be fertilized by male gametes. I define male as denoting the sex that produces small, typically motile gametes, especially spermatozoa, with which a female may be fertilized or inseminated to produce offspring.

These definitions do not require that a primate be fertile in order to be considered male or female. In primates as in other mammals, the sex is determined chromosomally, so an infertile female is still female, etc. But an analysis of chromosomes.

Humans have a lot of different ways of thinking about things, and complex emotional and psychiatric thoughts and feelings. So, it is certainly possible that a person will "identify" as something other than their sex, and therefore they might call themselves a woman or a man, when their sex is not female or male, etc. However, that doesn't change their sex. The person would still be a sexually a woman or a man, without reference to gender identity.
Some strictly genetic insights might be found here:

Human sexuality expresses itself across a spectrum - a trough ranging from the most masculine peak at one end, to the most feminine peak at the other end, and includes everything in between - hermaphrodites appearing somewhere in the middle. Having come from both, we, all of us, contain some varying % of both male and female.

As we age we all turn into they, them, and theirs anyway. Why do you care if someone starts early? You have what I call, first world problems.

Sex and gender identity are not inextricable.

There are two sexes. Male and female. If you possess a Y chromosome, you are a male. If you don't you are female. The are multiple gender identities, such as girl, boy, man, woman, transgirl, transboy, transman, transwoman, etc. We usually pair feminine genders with the female sex and masculine genders with the male sex. This is not, however, required, and some women were born with a Y chromosome, and some men were born with no Y chromosome. We have specific labels for these people whose gender doesn't match that traditionally associated with their sex such as transgender and intersex, but that doesn't mean they aren't the gender they live as.

Sex cannot be changed. Gender can be, and occasionally it is. And rarely, gender simply doesn't match sex all the way from birth.

You are defining biological sex. What would you call people that are intersex?

Its so insane that this is even a discussion. THIS is the legacy of the idiotic Marxist left...people so ****ing demented and confused that science and biology takes a back seat to feelings.

You are defining biological sex. What would you call people that are intersex?
The same that they have always been called...intersex...and an anomaly. People born with 6 fingers are an anomaly...they dont change the norm that PEOPLE are born with 5 fingers.

Its so insane that this is even a discussion. THIS is the legacy of the idiotic Marxist left...people so ****ing demented and confused that science and biology takes a back seat to feelings.

^ Dog whistle detected.

The same that they have always been called...intersex...and an anomaly. People born with 6 fingers are an anomaly...they dont change the norm that PEOPLE are born with 5 fingers.

Intersex is not a disorder.

And that doesn't make them less of a human either, but many here seem to disagree.

W2oQAXW.gif

GRRRRRRR Marxist!!!
GRRRRRRR Leftists!!!!
GRRRRRRR Feelings!!!!

I love these lying and dishoenst posts that claim science and biology when science and biology prove them factually wrong and are not on their side.
😁🍿

And that doesn't make them less of a human either, but many here seem to disagree.
Nor does it make them a prop...which you are doing in your desperation to normalize trannies.

Nor does it make them a prop...which you are doing in your desperation to normalize trannies.
LMAO another post that proves how factually and monumentally uneducated you are about this topic . . . trannies???? LMAO wow thats dumb.
:ROFLMAO:🍿

You make my case. #sad
No...I expose your pathetic attempt to exploit intersex people to try to argue your pro tranny arguments.

No...I expose your pathetic attempt to exploit intersex people to try to argue your pro tranny arguments.
Toss out more slurs, really sells how objective and factual you are.

This has absolutely nothing to do with marxism or leftism. This is not a class issue.

This has absolutely nothing to do with marxism or leftism. This is not a class issue.
Marxists use racial division, class division, separation of families, and the destruction of culture as tools to bring about their goals. You should read more about what you are talking about.

Toss out more slurs, really sells how objective and factual you are.
You can go ahead and desperately try to avoid the facts if you like...it wont help.

That's a simplistic view, what about people who have a vagina and a penis? Who have external testes and internal ovaries, and vice versa?

And then the important question, why the hell does it matter if someone biologically man or woman has the brain telling them they are the opposite sex and wants to be considered the opposite sex? It doesn't except for shitty humans, who typically tend to be religions nutjobs

The Brain is very complex, so simple minded people can't break it down into black or white, reality doesn't work that way
You're applying cultural aspects to the definition of sex. If you are a biological a man why would you need to identify as a woman?
How does the brain tell them they are of the opposite sex if their biological structure is of the other? What does the brain say?

Back
Top Bottom