• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is a woman? What is a man?

The big difference is, I've never asked anybody to do so. I've not bitched about anybody "erasing" me if they get my name wrong, and they do.

And, yeah, most people aren't "hit with it day after day," because most people look reasonably like what they identify as. If you look like a girl, expect that a few people are going to refer to you as a girl. If it's iffy or indeterminate, like "Pat" on Saturday Night Live, then people aren't going to know, so at some point, folks need to just deal with it. You can't expect the entire world to give up 1,000 years of gendered language, just because you identify as a Furry or something. Ze Zir and Zher or whatever - come on. If that's your pronoun set, then it's a bit unreasonable to expect people to not **** it up.

As for "put to the test," it all depends. If it's different people calling you "she" because you look like a girl, then those different people can be forgiven, because they don't know who you are. But if it's the same person over and over again doing it on purpose, you have a fair point. But that kind of thing DOES happen to everyone. I remember as a young buck, for example, going to work in a very blue collar environment - I was extremely fit back then, but I was a "college boy" and sort of "preppy." So, when I went to work on the job sites, the guys I worked with would rib me - they'd imply I was pretty, sometimes a bit gay, and the like. These were blue collar blocks busting my chops, on purpose. I dealt with it myself. That's what you do. I didn't claim PTSD because the construction guys called me gay when I wasn't.
But there would be others who do have issues with it, even as a cis gender being called the opposite. And there have been cis gender people, particularly women, who have been mistaken as the opposite and run out of restrooms during the height of that frenzy. Some of us are simply resilient, and that includes a lot of transgender people. I know Renee here has a really thick skin overall. I suspect that when it comes to the insistent on certain pronouns and such, we are looking at the squeaky wheel syndrome. That is to say, we are seeing all the ones raising a fuss, but not realizing how many more there are just being ducks about it.

They're liberals, they have not brain; so it says nothing. They have to be told they are something other than the obvious.

The right are obsessed with ****. That's all this is. And hating things they don't understand, of course

Back
Top Bottom