• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is a racist?

"The Inequality Taboo," by Charles Murray, Commentary, September 2005

The Harvard geneticist Richard Lewontin originated the idea of race as a social construct in 1972, arguing that the genetic differences across races were so trivial that no scientist working exclusively with genetic data would sort people into hlacks, whites, or Asians. In his words, "racial classification is now seen to be of virtually no genetic or taxonomic significance."

Lewontin's position, which quickly became a tenet of political correctness, carried with it a potential means of being falsified. If he was correct, then a statistical analysis of genetic markers would not produce clusters corresponding to common racial labels.

In the last few years, that test has become feasible, and now we know that Lewontin was wrong. Several analyses have confirmed the genetic reality of group identities going under the label of race or ethnicity. In the most recent, published this year, all but five of the 3,636 subjects fell into the cluster of genetic markers corresponding to their self identified ethnic group. When a statistical procedure, blind to physical characteristics and working exclusively with genedc information, classifies 99.9 percent of the individuals in a large sample in the same way they classify themselves, it is hard to argue that race is imaginary.

http://www.iapsych.com/wj3ewok/LinkedDocuments/Murray2005.pdf

------

Let me put this in my own words: a person's race can usually be determined by appearance and always by DNA analysis. I will add that if you know a person's race you can make reasonably accurate assumptions about the person's intelligence, as well as criminal and sexual behavior.

Prejudice is the result of previous experience. If proximity to Negroes dispelled prejudice against them, Southern whites would be the least prejudiced whites in the United States. The civil rights legislation was forced on whites with extensive experience with blacks by whites with little experience.

I used to be one of those whites with little experience. I was woke before the word was coined. Proximity has changed my attitude.

I personally go with there is only 1 race, the human race.
With many ethnics and cultures.

Trump supporters often call me a race traitor because of my admiration for Jews and Orientals.
I Think what you're asserting is that you're the "right kind" of racist and they resent you for it? A la, "some of my best friends are Jews."

I Think what you're asserting is that you're the "right kind" of racist and they resent you for it? A la, "some of my best friends are Jews."

I do not care if anyone calls me a racist of not. :2razz:

I am not a white supremacist, because Orientals are more likely to have characteristics I admire than do white people.

Back
Top Bottom