• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is a racist?

SmartCat

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
The definition of "racist" I grew up with is that racists have two characteristics. First, racists believe that their race is superior to all the other races. Second, racists dislike or even hate members of other races, regardless of the individual characteristics of those members.

Is that definition sufficient, or do you believe that racists have additional characteristics?

Would you say that Charles Murray is a racist?

http://www.iapsych.com/wj3ewok/LinkedDocuments/Murray2005.pdf

Is Jared Taylor a racist?

Race Differences in Intelligence - American Renaissance

Is J. Philippe Rushton a racist?

Race, Evolution, and Behavior:

rac·ist
/ˈrāsəst/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

"the comments have led to her being called a racist"

The definition of "racist" I grew up with is that racists have two characteristics. First, racists believe that their race is superior to all the other races. Second, racists dislike or even hate members of other races, regardless of the individual characteristics of those members.

Is that definition sufficient, or do you believe that racists have additional characteristics?

“I’m not a racist, but the negroes are less intelligent than other races.”

There may be a few black racists, but they are a small minority compared to the latent and often open racism of Trump's Republicans. And his white supremacist followers.

“the negroes are less intelligent than other races.”

That is not the view of Charles Murray, Jared Taylor, and J. Philippe Rushton. That would imply that every Negro is less intelligent than every member of every other race. Charles Murray, Jared Taylor, and J. Philippe Rushton believe that average differences in intelligence exist between the races, and that they are caused primarily by genetic differences.

There may be a few black racists, but they are a small minority compared to the latent and often open racism of Trump's Republicans. And his white supremacist followers.

Trump supporters often call me a race traitor because of my admiration for Jews and Orientals.

You can be "racist" without being "a racist", in the sense that while you may not consciously believe in racial superiority, your actions may still express subconscious racist assumptions.

Racism is an insidious force that affects us all. Whether we openly subscribe to the ideology or not, we are still complicit in it, and must work to undo the negative impacts of racism wherever possible.

That is not the view of Charles Murray, Jared Taylor, and J. Philippe Rushton. That would imply that every Negro is less intelligent than every member of every other race. Charles Murray, Jared Taylor, and J. Philippe Rushton believe that average differences in intelligence exist between the races, and that they are caused primarily by genetic differences.

That is a feeling of superiority which is the definition of a racist

I'm not a racist, but I can't resist creating meandering threads about racism.

You can be "racist" without being "a racist", in the sense that while you may not consciously believe in racial superiority, your actions may still express subconscious racist assumptions.

Racism is an insidious force that affects us all. Whether we openly subscribe to the ideology or not, we are still complicit in it, and must work to undo the negative impacts of racism wherever possible.
What you are defining is systemic racism. A white person my not be a racist, but still benefits from systemic racism. (White privilege)

That is a feeling of superiority which is the definition of a racist

Charles Murray, Jared Taylor, and J. Philippe Rushton readily acknowledge that Orientals tend to be superior to members of their own race. By "superior" I mean more intelligent.

Specifically, how do you know this ?

What you are defining is systemic racism. A white person my not be a racist, but still benefits from systemic racism. (White privilege)

How can you say that whites benefit from white privilege when universities and employers, especially in the government, practice affirmative action?

Hogwash !

Bovine excrement piled deep.

How can you say that whites benefit from white privilege when universities and employers, especially in the government, practice affirmative action?

Affirmative action only exists as an attempt to offset racial disparities that already exist in higher education and in the job market. Without affirmative action, white people historically have always had an easier time finding jobs and getting into colleges.

How many have said that to you... ?

About ten on alt right web sites. Maybe more. I try to disregard insults. Those who insult me do so because they have strong opinions and weak minds. They are unworthy of my attention.

Racism is always systemic. If it's not systemic then it's not racism, merely prejudice. The ideology of racial superiority was designed intentionally to justify a racial hierarchy which already existed in the American colonies.

All of us remain under the influence of that ideology, regardless of whether we knowingly subscribe to it or not.

Affirmative action only exists as an attempt to offset racial disparities that already exist in higher education and in the job market. Without affirmative action, white people historically have always had an easier time finding jobs and getting into colleges.

As far as university admissions are concerned the best way to overcome that, if it even happens, is not to ask about the race of applicants. Ivy League universities used to have quotas to restrict the number of Jews in the student body.

As far as employment is concerned, that is a personal decision. Bosses want to hire people they will enjoy working with, and people who will get along well with their co workers. Once I was fired from a job as a shipping and receiving clerk because I listened to classical music at work. My co workers thought that was hoity toity.

Some bosses do not like Negroes. Some bosses do not like Jews. Some bosses do not like Orientals. Nevertheless, Jews and Orientals still tend to earn better incomes than white Gentiles, because bosses recognize that they tend to be more intelligent than white Gentiles. Consequently a boss who dislikes Jews, Orientals, or both will be inclined to hire them anyway, knowing that they are likely to perform well on the job.

Yayyyy, a reasonable thought process. this is worthy consideration. I'll be back.
great day to ya' SC

Back
Top Bottom