• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"What is a Libertarian?" - John Stossel Show

Mensch

Mr. Professional
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

I especially like one point by the lady in the second video: we should open up cottage industries and make them legal!

Last edited:
There are consevative governments and liberal governments, has there ever been any libertarian governments?

Follow the money, honey. Libertarians are a wholey owned subsidiary of the no good sons of Birchers.

Covert Operations
Read more The billionaire Koch brothers’ war against Obama : The New Yorker

Koch Industries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These two brothers, Charles and David Koch aren't just bad for your health, they're just plain bad, as in Anarcho Totalitarian bad. It's time the country knew who is really footing the bill for all the anti-government, anti-tax, anti-regulations, anti-environment, anti-climate change, anti-human, anti-Obama, anti-American people, and the so called tea party bowel movement. It's none other than the suck Koch brothers and they are single handedly destroying this country.

How does anarcho totalitarian even work? :confused:

I was quoting William F. Buckley's interpretation of the Koch brothers libertarian philosophy. So I'm just guessing but I think the way Buckley meant Anarcho Totalitarian" was, "no government, corporate control." So Libertarians better be careful what they wish for or they might just get it. Cuz, these guys mean business with a capital B. I'm already seeing their anti-tax ads on TV.

Last edited:
I was quoting William F. Buckley's interpretation of the Koch brothers libertarian philosophy. So I'm just guessing but I think the way Buckley meant Anarcho Totalitarian" was, "no government, corporate control." So Libertarians better be careful what they wish for or they might just get it. Cuz, these guys mean business with a capital B. I'm already seeing their anti-tax ads on TV.

Ok. That makes sense.

Can someone please define what a libertarian government is?

I have asked multiple times and I tend to get these themes most often:
Small fed
Bigger states
Bigger local counties.
Literalist interpretation of the constitution.

Follow the money, honey. Libertarians are a wholey owned subsidiary of the no good sons of Birchers.

Covert Operations

These two brothers, Charles and David Koch aren't just bad for your health, they're just plain bad, as in Anarcho Totalitarian bad. It's time the country knew who is really footing the bill for all the anti-government, anti-tax, anti-regulations, anti-environment, anti-climate change, anti-human, anti-Obama, anti-American people, and the so called tea party bowel movement. It's none other than the suck Koch brothers and they are single handedly destroying this country.

The Koch company, planning to take over the U.S. through a minority party, that likely, won't even be electable in their lifetime.

It's the longest "Pinky and the Brain" episode ever.

Covert Operations

conspiracyq.jpg

The Koch brothers are too busy fighting with each other to do much damage.

Kinda sorta but not exactly.

Many of us don't want bigger states that much either.

The reason I included that is I often see the phrase "local control of stuff the fed does means I get more of a say in it" or something along those lines. It does not evoke the idea of getting rid of those functions over bringing them into a more dispersed and local thing.

The Koch company, planning to take over the U.S. through a minority party, that likely, won't even be electable in their lifetime.

It's the longest "Pinky and the Brain" episode ever.
Have you not been receiving your checks from Koch Industries? Mine usually come in the mail around the first of the month.

I have asked multiple times and I tend to get these themes most often:
Small fed
Bigger states
Bigger local counties.
Literalist interpretation of the constitution.

And for the most part, they would be wrong. Anyone who thinks libertarianism begins with the Constitution simply doesn't understand it. The Constitution reflects libertarianism, but it doesn't define it.

And for the most part, they would be wrong. Anyone who thinks libertarianism begins with the Constitution simply doesn't understand it. The Constitution reflects libertarianism, but it doesn't define it.

The reason I included strict literalist is because that is probably the type of interpretation that most aligns with libertarian values, but those values do tend to start in the philosophical rather than legal realm.

Damn it, I'm not getting paid disseminating all this propaganda.
Not cool.

The best they sent me was a coffee mug. :2mad:
There's a secret compartment at the bottom of the mug. Use your Ron Paul decoder ring to get instructions on how to get your checks.

There's a secret compartment at the bottom of the mug. Use your Ron Paul decoder ring to get instructions on how to get your checks.

Your conspiracy sounds cooler than the secret liberal conspiracy. All we get is pre-recorded speeches from Al Sharpton and a bumper sticker.

Tiny Tim will have Christmas after all?
Sure, if the little bastard goes out and gets a job. My house ain't no damn statist paradise.

Back
Top Bottom