• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What if Martin had lived

Crosscheck

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Just a thought how different a trial would be if Martin lived but maybe was paralyzed now.

Have no idea how his story would be but this trial would be a totally different animal with two side represented. I hate it when you only get one side of a story.

Also wished they were both the same race. The race difference brings in two factions of he chased him because he was black and the the jury feeling blacks are always the victim. Racism is a double edges sword.

Just a thought how different a trial would be if Martin lived but maybe was paralyzed now.

Have no idea how his story would be but this trial would be a totally different animal with two side represented. I hate it when you only get one side of a story.

Also wished they were both the same race. The race difference brings in two factions of he chased him because he was black and the the jury feeling blacks are always the victim. Racism is a double edges sword.

What? Where do you get this idea?

What? Where do you get this idea?

If you search through the 200,000 posts in these forums you will find some who suggest that some jurors may be sympathetic towards Martin because he is black and to be politically correct sentence Zimmerman on something. Is that new?

I have a big problem with race being an issue in this case at all. So far the ONLY testimony we have regarding race in this trial comes from Rachel when she gives us Trayvon's words.

If you search through the 200,000 posts in these forums you will find some who suggest that some jurors may be sympathetic towards Martin because he is black and to be politically correct sentence Zimmerman on something. Is that new?

What some people say on this board after hearing all the media hype last year is going to be different than the 6 jurors that should be ones that didn't participate in the media hype last year.

Actually wishing that people's race were different in order to produce a desired political or social condition is a blatantly racist thing to assert, you know.

Intersting idea, making the use of deadly force accuracy all the more important. Even if you discount race you still have the disparity in the outcome of "the fight", and symapthy for the loser. Naturally the loser would claim that the winner started it, forcing the jury to flip a coin as to which person was lying (more).

Actually wishing that people's race were different in order to produce a desired political or social condition is a blatantly racist thing to assert, you know.

Well that is true too. You can't freaking escape racism it seems. I only wished they were of the same race so that race would not even be considered in this episode.

I have a big problem with race being an issue in this case at all. So far the ONLY testimony we have regarding race in this trial comes from Rachel when she gives us Trayvon's words.

What I think is also sad is that race is probably 50% of the reason why this is such a high profile and charged case.

The OP did not do that - it said they wished to omit racial difference entirely. ;)

What I think is also sad is that race is probably 50% of the reason why this is such a high profile and charged case.

I'd say 50% is underestimating.

To answer the OP, I would think Martin would have maybe been tried as a juvinille for assault and battery or maybe attempted murder.

Wasn't there someone here who suggested that a couple were "PETA" types and would be sympathetic to Trayvon? I never got that implication.

To answer the OP, I would think Martin would have maybe been tried as a juvinille for assault and battery or maybe attempted murder.

For defending himself from a stranger who was following him?

For breaking the guy's nose, and ground and pounding him including his head on cement.

How about this since we are pondering "What if's"

What if, everything was the same, except that let's say that TM was armed, and Z was not, and Z was the one shot, and died. Would any of the TM spinners in here be calling for a lynch mob to forego the trial and just throw TM in jail, and throw away the key?

I think not.

The claim of self defense goes out the window when you approach, and attack the person following you. At that point YOU become the aggressor. So, you should stop misrepresenting the facts now known and entered into evidence.

The claim of self defense goes out the window when you approach, and attack the person following you. At that point YOU become the aggressor. So, you should stop misrepresenting the facts now known and entered into evidence.

Damn straight.

If martin had lived we would still see the same mania as we see now, only the crazy bunch would be +1 with trayvon martin being there to actively add fuel to the fire.

In order to defend yourself you have to have something to have to defend yourself from.

Martin did not.

In order to defend yourself you have to have something to have to defend yourself from.

Martin did not.

The creepy guy that seemed to follow him in car then on foot?

Back
Top Bottom