• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

what IF Limbaugh reported those 12 miners were safe?

Stu Ghatze

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Imagine...just for a second IF Rush Limbaugh reported those miners that were trapped in that West Virginia mine as being safe as SO erroniously reported by THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA????

It was shouted all over the late news last night that all 12 miners were safe, ..& that there was only 1-casuality, ..when in fact the EXACT opposite was true!

He would have been castigated, up & down, & sideways for being absolutely IRRESPONSIBLE, ..& probably simply would have been called a LIAR by the mainstream media!

This IS a prime example as to the media's arrogance, & untrustworthy sources that so influences our lives today.

So...who judges the mainstream media, ...Why nobody of course, ..it is ALWAYS a mistake, & THEY are ALWAYS forgiven....unlike everybody else whom THEY love to condemn first!;)

Stu Ghatze said:
Imagine...just for a second IF Rush Limbaugh reported those miners that were trapped in that West Virginia mine as being safe as SO erroniously reported by THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA????

It was shouted all over the late news last night that all 12 miners were safe, ..& that there was only 1-casuality, ..when in fact the EXACT opposite was true!

He would have been castigated, up & down, & sideways for being absolutely IRRESPONSIBLE, ..& probably simply would have been called a LIAR by the mainstream media!

This IS a prime example as to the media's arrogance, & untrustworthy sources that so influences our lives today.

So...who judges the mainstream media, ...Why nobody of course, ..it is ALWAYS a mistake, & THEY are ALWAYS forgiven....unlike everybody else whom THEY love to condemn first!;)

Oh dear god...leave it to you to make a tragedy into a partisan talking point. Do you ever have an original thought or are you hard wired into the party line? IF Rush had reported erroneously, then we could have just chalked it up to intoxication and pill popping that day. The media reports false information sometimes just like you do a bad job at work some days. There is no proof in this pudding. Just more rhetoric from a wannabe conservative talking head.

jallman said:
Oh dear god...leave it to you to make a tragedy into a partisan talking point. Do you ever have an original thought or are you hard wired into the party line? IF Rush had reported erroneously, then we could have just chalked it up to intoxication and pill popping that day. The media reports false information sometimes just like you do a bad job at work some days. There is no proof in this pudding. Just more rhetoric from a wannabe conservative talking head.

My dear Jallman, ..oh I see its a tragedy, so it should not never be brought up. Wasn't it a tragedy the storyline the media gave air-time too of Bush blowing up the levees in New Orleans, ..or perhaps giving such credence to Bush being linked to 9/11 himself, ..right?

And of course, ..THAT was not ever partisan either!:2razz:

Oh..but of course, ..that information on the miner's was not the medias fault, ..let me guess; Why the media MUST have been the "victims" of bad information, ..right?;)

Stu Ghatze said:
My dear Jallman, ..oh I see its a tragedy, so it should not never be brought up. Wasn't it a tragedy the storyline the media gave air-time too of Bush blowing up the levees in New Orleans, ..or perhaps giving such credence to Bush being linked to 9/11 himself, ..right?

And of course, ..THAT was not ever partisan either!:2razz:

Oh..but of course, ..that information on the miner's was not the medias fault, ..let me guess; Why the media MUST have been the "victims" of bad information, ..right?;)

It is a tragedy so instead of using it to promote idiocy and partisan hackmanship, we should be moving forward, finding the cause, and creating a solution for it never happening again. As for your "news stories" about bush blowing up the levees or being part of 9/11 himself...I can only deduce that you havent a clue as to the difference between respectable journalism and fringe reporting.

Perhaps the media jumped at hope a little too zealously. Perhaps they were given bad information. I dont know and I dont rightly care. Regardless, it is no excuse for you to start your unpatriotic and America hating rhetoric in the face of such a tragedy.

Fun with syllogisms:

Rush is not part of the mainstream media.
Most of the media is liberal.
The liberal media is mainstream.
Mainstream is liberal.

:mrgreen:

shuamort said:
Fun with syllogisms:

Mainstream is liberal.

:mrgreen:
I like mine better...:cool:

Using your logic, I will prove that, because my father was an alcholic, Hillary Clinton is a man....

My father used to drink....
My father used to beat the dickens out of me...
Dickens wrote "David Copperfield"...
David Copperfield makes things disappear...
The Bermuda Triangle makes things disappear...
Businesses put their headquarters in Bermuda to save taxes...
Taxes are one of the facts of life....
"The Facts of Life" starred George Clooney...
George Clooney is a man with short hair...
Hillary Clinton has short hair...

Conclusion...Hillary Clinton is a man.

Stu Ghatze said:
The medias sources were the Governor and family members of the miners.

Last edited:
Stu Ghatze said:

I can't believe you can take this issue and make it into a liberal hate post. Amazing. And for the record, the media only reported the story when the information was announced by the officals. I heard conflicting reports, one woman said the governor made the announcement, and another said the company's CEO made the announcement. My first thought too was that it was a mistake by the media, but after listening to the reports, I have been forced to abandon that view in the face of overwhelming evidence.

Stu, your post is stupid and pointless. It boggles my mind why one would feel that Rush is worth defending. He has NOTHING to do with news... he's just a blowhard for the righties. If he makes you feel good well that's fine. Just don't think for one second that you're well informed cuz you listen to Rush.

Middleground said:
Stu, your post is stupid and pointless. It boggles my mind why one would feel that Rush is worth defending. He has NOTHING to do with news... he's just a blowhard for the righties. If he makes you feel good well that's fine. Just don't think for one second that you're well informed cuz you listen to Rush.

I am making a legitimate point; YOU might NOT like it but its true! Its the very same thing with campaign finance, ..as the media WANTS people to think its a republican corruption problem, & then WHAM......we find out that many democrats were on the recieving end of Jack Abramoff influence peddling.
IT IS MEDIA BIAS, PURE & SIMPLE! ;)

Why with the media, ..its ALWAYS the biggest story to be mainstreamed, ..unless it involves some of their fellow democrat friends, & then its GRUDGINLY reported with some nuance to lessen the culpability!

Harry Reid, & Dick Durbin; "why, why, why...We didn't even know Jack Abramoff, & We never even went golfing with him either"! :smile:

Last edited:
Stu Ghatze said:
I am making a legitimate point; YOU might NOT like it but its true! Its the very same thing with campaign finance, ..as the media WANTS people to think its a republican corruption problem, & then WHAM......we find out that many democrats were on the recieving end of Jack Abramoff influence peddling.
IT IS MEDIA BIAS, PURE & SIMPLE! ;)

So pray tell, oh mindless drone, what does the campaign finance problem have to do with the reports about the miners? I think you are just blowing smoke up your own arse.

Why with the media, ..its ALWAYS the biggest story to be mainstreamed, ..unless it involves some of their fellow democrat friends, & then its GRUDGINLY reported with some nuance to lessen the culpability!

I ask again...what did this have to do with the reporting of the miners in W.Va? Oh thats right...nothing...it was just another launching pad for one of your tired, worn out, haggard, liberal bashing rants that have neither merit nor poignancy.

Harry Reid, & Dick Durbin; "why, why, why...We didn't even know Jack Abramoff, & We never even went golfing with him either"! :smile:

Blah blah blah

jallman said:
So pray tell, oh mindless drone, what does the campaign finance problem have to do with the reports about the miners? I think you are just blowing smoke up your own arse.

I ask again...what did this have to do with the reporting of the miners in W.Va? Oh thats right...nothing...it was just another launching pad for one of your tired, worn out, haggard, liberal bashing rants that have neither merit nor poignancy.

Blah blah blah

Shall I draw you a picture? It IS a constant pattern of media being NOT trustworthy in WHAT they report.

Why...havent you forgotten; ..its the republicans who have this culture of corruption, because the media said so!

Dem congressional leaders now caught with their hands in the cookie jar! (Abramoff)

Now, now...don't worry, I'm sure the media will come up with some nuance in order to help lessen democratic party culpability in this Abramoff scandal.!

Harry Reid, & Dick Durbin; "Why, why, why...we don't even know this man Abramoff, & we even NEVER went golfing, or took trips with him"..huh huh!:smile:

See, ..its already started, ..deniability; ..but they took Jack's money!

Stu Ghatze said:
Shall I draw you a picture? It IS a constant pattern of media being NOT trustworthy in WHAT they report.

And it is a constant pattern of you not being trustworthy due to your zealous hatred of a constituency of the American citizenship. Now get out your crayon (try not to eat it ok, my boy) and your fat lined paper and draw us a picture.

Why...havent you forgotten; ..its the republicans who have this culture of corruption, because the media said so!

Your blind hatred (probably unfounded except that you think it lends some purpose to your sallow existence) causes you to forget that it is politicians in general who have a culture of corruption. It is just that the republicans have been an easier target for exposure because they are in power. Look what was done to Clinton when a dem was in power. You got nothing except a tired rhetoric and a sorry excuse for a point.

Dem congressional leaders now caught with their hands in the cookie jar! (Abramoff)

Bound to happen...politicians are corrupt.

Now, now...don't worry, I'm sure the media will come up with some nuance in order to help lessen democratic party culpability in this Abramoff scandal.!

Now now...dont worry...your posts do amuse me slightly so I will keep reading to see what partisan spin you put on the Republican culpability in this Abramoff scandal.

Harry Reid, & Dick Durbin; "Why, why, why...we don't even know this man Abramoff, & we even NEVER went golfing, or took trips with him"..huh huh!:smile:

See, ..its already started, ..deniability; ..but they took Jack's money!

You missed out on so many of the obvious lessons in history. Deniability is the political way. If you are going to make such emotional attacks on the democratic party, at least be innovative in your thoughts, progressive in your thought process, and interesting in your rhetoric. And stop chewing on your crayon.:lol:

jallman said:
And it is a constant pattern of you not being trustworthy due to your zealous hatred of a constituency of the American citizenship. Now get out your crayon (try not to eat it ok, my boy) and your fat lined paper and draw us a picture.

Your blind hatred (probably unfounded except that you think it lends some purpose to your sallow existence) causes you to forget that it is politicians in general who have a culture of corruption. It is just that the republicans have been an easier target for exposure because they are in power. Look what was done to Clinton when a dem was in power. You got nothing except a tired rhetoric and a sorry excuse for a point.

Bound to happen...politicians are corrupt.

Now now...dont worry...your posts do amuse me slightly so I will keep reading to see what partisan spin you put on the Republican culpability in this Abramoff scandal.

You missed out on so many of the obvious lessons in history. Deniability is the political way. If you are going to make such emotional attacks on the democratic party, at least be innovative in your thoughts, progressive in your thought process, and interesting in your rhetoric. And stop chewing on your crayon.:lol:

Listen fella, ...my posts are not directed against anybody personnally whatsoever.

I USED to be quite the democratic party voter & believer;...but that was at least 30 LONG years ago. Yes, ..to a degree I'am partisan because of how horribly wrong the democratic party has gone over the decades.

As far as the media is concerned, ..all they do is parrot the very SAME things the democratic party leadership has been saying, & they are NOT representative of how the real majority thinks or feels about issues, ..although they like to pretend that they are.

Originally Posted by shuamort:
Fun with syllogisms:

Mainstream is liberal.
Your source, dammit, what is your source? I cannot tell whether your syllogism is true without knowing your source! It is imperative that you post your link if I am to decide whether your assertion is true! For god sake man, isn't that what logic is all about? This could be an Op-Ed for all I know.

Billo_Really said:
Your source, dammit, what is your source? I cannot tell whether your syllogism is true without knowing your source! It is imperative that you post your link if I am to decide whether your assertion is true! For god sake man, isn't that what logic is all about? This could be an Op-Ed for all I know.

My post is my cite. My cite is my source. :mrgreen:

Originally Posted by shuamort:
My post is my cite. My cite is my source
I think. Therefore, I am.

Stu Ghatze said:

Stu, you posted a hypothetical and then jumped to the conclusion that it is proof of something... interesting logic.

The Real McCoy said:
Stu, you posted a hypothetical and then jumped to the conclusion that it is proof of something... interesting logic.

Dear Real McCoy, ....Of course my post was hypothetical because it was NOT Limbaugh reporting it.

BUT....it is VERY REASONABLE to make because Limbaugh has NEVER recieved anything favorible from the mainstream media.

Why: Because Limbaugh is the exact opposite of the liberal mainstream media, ..& does NOT hide it.

Conclusion: The mainstream media is FAVORIBLE to liberals because most in the news business are ingrained, & educated with liberal ideology, ..but PRETEND not to be, & THIS has ALWAYS been Limbaugh's message, & why the mainstream media despises him so!

You are asserting that had Limbaugh been the one reporting this news as it was first so gotten wrong, ..that the media would be kind, & understanding of his error.

The past history of the media's behavior towards Limbaugh has NEVER bore this out, ...so my hypothetical assertion still stands!

I know....its nice to "think" that the media is not biased.;)

Stu Ghatze said:
BUT....it is VERY REASONABLE to make because Limbaugh has NEVER recieved anything favorible from the mainstream media.

Why: Because Limbaugh is the exact opposite of the liberal mainstream media, ..& does NOT hide it.

The past history of the media's behavior towards Limbaugh has NEVER bore this out, ...so my hypothetical assertion still stands!

Limbaugh is a fat, pill popping, criminally partisan moron...ever think that might be why he isnt recieved well by the media and most of the US?

jallman said:
Limbaugh is a fat, pill popping, criminally partisan moron...ever think that might be why he isnt recieved well by the media and most of the US?

Listen to YOURSELF?? Why bring up his physical shortcomings, ..is it necessary, or is it because you simply hate him because he is generally right on the mark?

IF he did something wrong with his addiction to medication, ..how is it that HE does not qualify for sympathy like SO MANY OTHERS who come clean about it??

"If" he engaged in a criminal act, ...he will be prosecuted!

Me thinks you despise him because he doesn't pretend to be something that he is not;...unlike liberal politicians who are ALWAYS pretending to be something that they are not, ..especially the ones that campaign, & then HAVE to flip flop over everything because THEY do not like being pinned down on issues!;)

Or...is it that his radio show does quite well, ..but "FEW" liberal radio talk shows ever really succeed as his does?

Limbaugh's show would be a dismal failure IF he was half the moron that you think he is.

Isn't it great to be an american; ..why anyone can despise who they want, ..& even be jealous of the success of those we hate?:smile:

Stu Ghatze said:

I have yet to have someone tell me what channels this mythical liberal main stream media broadcasts on.

The misinformation was originally propigated by people standing around the rescue HQ with cell phones. Once someone said what they thought they heard over the radio communication of the rescue workers, the cell phones went nuts with people spreading the mistake so fast that it was unstoppable. If people would just calm down and not jump to conclusions maybe this thread wouldn't exist.

Also Rush Limbaugh already is a lying DRUG ADDICT in my book so it wouldn't matter to me if someone else called him that.

Stu Ghatze said:
Listen to YOURSELF?? Why bring up his physical shortcomings, ..is it necessary, or is it because you simply hate him because he is generally right on the mark?

IF he did something wrong with his addiction to medication, ..how is it that HE does not qualify for sympathy like SO MANY OTHERS who come clean about it??

"If" he engaged in a criminal act, ...he will be prosecuted!

Me thinks you despise him because he doesn't pretend to be something that he is not;...unlike liberal politicians who are ALWAYS pretending to be something that they are not, ..especially the ones that campaign, & then HAVE to flip flop over everything because THEY do not like being pinned down on issues!;)

Or...is it that his radio show does quite well, ..but "FEW" liberal radio talk shows ever really succeed as his does?

Limbaugh's show would be a dismal failure IF he was half the moron that you think he is.

Isn't it great to be an american; ..why anyone can despise who they want, ..& even be jealous of the success of those we hate?:smile:

You must listen closely to the jerk himself... My favortie thing to hate Rush Limbaugh for is his insistance of mis-labeling people and organizations with his own immature views and name calling.

His show has nothing to do with his being a moron. But it has everything to do with the moron's that listen to him:ninja:

Originally posted by Stu Gahtze:
Listen to YOURSELF?? Why bring up his physical shortcomings,...
Stuwart, Stuwart, Stuwart, how many times have you brought up your perceived liberal shortcomings?

I think it is kind of sad that the first thing people resort to is personal attacks on talking heads, pundits and ideologues that they don't like.

I can't stand Rush or Michael Moore, but the last thing I'm going to do is make fun of their weight when commenting on why I despise these 2 highly partisan demagogues.

Back
Top Bottom