• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What if Biden did want the Ukraine prosecutor fired to help his son would you want him impeached?

Overitall

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
The assumption of the title is that Biden wins the presidency.

Crap. Meant to make this a poll. Oh well.

Not sure but I think it has to be something you've done while President. Otherwise theft and fraud would be on the table now.

Had Trump known about the corruption and criminal activity of Joe Biden and his son and did nothing about it I would want Trump impeached.

Not sure but I think it has to be something you've done while President. Otherwise theft and fraud would be on the table now.
Yes I thought about that angle but didn’t the Dems start calling for Trump’s impeachment prior to taking the oath?

Yes I thought about that angle but didn’t the Dems start calling for Trump’s impeachment prior to taking the oath?

Which Dems? Somebody on this board? A phone-in radio show host? The guy down the street?

Had Trump known about the corruption and criminal activity of Joe Biden and his son and did nothing about it I would want Trump impeached.

Ok if he gets re-elected and someone exposes Biden for that then the Dems re-impeach him for that.

If it's in the 'best interest of the country' (and his also), it's fine, according to the law of Dershowitz.

Which Dems? Somebody on this board? A phone-in radio show host? The guy down the street?
Off the top of my head Maxine Waters.

Exclusive: Rep. Maxine Waters, The First To Call For Impeachment, Discusses Trump And Impeachment Process - Essence

I have been calling for and talking about impeachment of this president since his inauguration. I observed him very closely during the campaign. And I thought that he basically defined himself.
True that it wasn’t prior but the man hadn’t done one thing as President except to take the oath.

Do you also want to impeach the GOP House under Obama?
Do you also want to impeach the GOP Senate under Obama?
Do you also want to impeach the GOP House under Trump?
Do you also want to impeach the GOP Senate under Trump?

'Cause all those folks knew about Biden and none of them lifted a finger to begin investigations.
All those folks knew about Biden and none of them lifted a finger to raise an alarm.

Same for the DOJ under Obama and for Trump_DoJ.

All of these folks knew about Biden for years and did nothing.

Should all of these folks also be impeached for knowing about the Bidens and taking no action?

Or just hypothetical Trump?

Well, that is the new precedent set by the Democratic House. You can impeach a president for anything. Doesn't even have to be a crime. All you need is a 218-217 vote in the House.

Well, that is the new precedent set by the Democratic House. You can impeach a president for anything. Doesn't even have to be a crime. All you need is a 218-217 vote in the House.
Here is where I wish I would have correctly presented this as poll. My vote would be a no vote. Not because I don't think what Biden did (if proven to be the case) wasn't an impeachable offense but because if the Republicans (assuming they had the majority) chose to go down that path then it most certainly would be weaponized in every cycle. That would, imo, cause irreparable harm to our nation. It has to stop. Perhaps legislatively by introducing a bill which more specifically spell out the offenses impeachable. Take the guess work out of it.

Here is where I wish I would have correctly presented this as poll. My vote would be a no vote. Not because I don't think what Biden did (if proven to be the case) wasn't an impeachable offense but because if the Republicans (assuming they had the majority) chose to go down that path then it most certainly would be weaponized in every cycle. That would, imo, cause irreparable harm to our nation. It has to stop. Perhaps legislatively by introducing a bill which more specifically spell out the offenses impeachable. Take the guess work out of it.

What we need is something like a 2/3's majority in both the House and the Senate. It is ridiculous that a House could have such massive power as to have a 218-217 party line vote to impeach a president without even any crimes needing to be committed.

I think Biden did interfere in Ukranian politics to get the prosecutor fired, and that his son's board position was basically a bribe for favorable treatment.

But no, I wouldn't impeach for that. Both sides do this all the time. And no one really cares - at least not when their side does it. Most importantly, it's loser strategy and it would fail unless there were 67 GOP senators.

What we need is something like a 2/3's majority in both the House and the Senate. It is ridiculous that a House could have such massive power as to have a 218-217 party line vote to impeach a president without even any crimes needing to be committed.
That seems reasonable. Then it would be a bipartisan vote.

Back
Top Bottom